HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #5566
Master Member

no need self service, they bring to you, better service than sg hawker centers ... unfortunately. all stalls will bring their food to you.

if you going alone, i suggest for lower wait times, go before 1800hrs or after 2100hrs.

if u don't go there often, i suggest going with a few people, because a few people can order larger variety of food and try more dishes. common order combo for groups, ikan bakar + oyster omelette + bbq chicken.

sup kambing i think normal customers cannot bring over, but u can tabao then ask them for spoon and Styrofoam bowl. sometimes if i arrive a little later and wait time longer than 20 minutes, i bring sup kambing over, but me is super regular customer there so maybe got exception, when i visit the stalls, no need to order, just exchange greetings and sit down, they recognize me and know usual order

The queue is self service? So best to go with another friend. While one queue the other chope seat?

Btw sup kambing cannot bring over to non halal side to eat while waiting for oyster omelette right?

Last edited by Aaagogo; 14-05-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Aaagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 01:52 PM   #5567
High Supremacy Member

@Aaagogo..actually I have never been to meldrum street before. It's after seeing u recommend the oyster omelette, sup kambing and ikan bakar then I very tempted to go..in fact I already 3-4 yrs never go JB liao.

They bring the food to us is good so no need to stand while.ewiting. can order BBQ fish and eat while waiting.

I'll go around 5pm, order the oyster omelette then 530pm go tabao the sup kambing..don't wanna stay till too late as it will be 2 of us ladies only.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #5568
Master Member

be warned, once you try the sup kambing and oyster omlette there, no other place can match up to their standard and very likely you won't eat at other place ever again, these are high calorie food, can't afford to waste the precious stomach space

even adam road or boon keng sup kambing is no fight. theirs is watery soup, not enough body and not enough collagen. meldrum one is thick and full bodied, only achieved by fresh non frozen meat and boiling lots of tendons and other fibrous parts for long hours. i suggest ordering the campur(mixed) version

ikan bakar is super value for money, plus they do honest business, you pick your prefer piece of fish and put on scale to weigh infront of you and you get told of the price before u confirm. 1 piece sotong with petai and winged beans plus 1 nice size piece of stingray plus minus 50RM

and the pièce de résistance; oyster omlette, fresh and plump oysters, perfect combination of crispy bits and soft creamy eggy chunks. i highly suggest order with add oysters for maximum pleasure.

don't forget to grab a Magum ice cream for desert @ 4.7RM, buy in the shops before the CIQ building and keep in your bag, then enjoy it AFTER you pass the checkpoint where you have to show your passport. it makes the long walk from that point to passport control seem shorter and much sweeter.

your target timing is good, after finishing eating, still light out while walking back to customs to aid digestion.

omg, type until my salivia drooling... waiting for the weekend to arrive and can't wait to eat until food coma

@Aaagogo..actually I have never been to meldrum street before. It's after seeing u recommend the oyster omelette, sup kambing and ikan bakar then I very tempted to go..in fact I already 3-4 yrs never go JB liao.

They bring the food to us is good so no need to stand while.ewiting. can order BBQ fish and eat while waiting.

I'll go around 5pm, order the oyster omelette then 530pm go tabao the sup kambing..don't wanna stay till too late as it will be 2 of us ladies only.

Last edited by Aaagogo; 14-05-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 14-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #5569
High Supremacy Member

be warned, once you try the sup kambing and oyster omlette there, no other place can match up to their standard and very likely you won't eat at other place ever again, these are high calorie food, can't afford to waste the precious stomach space

even adam road or boon keng sup kambing is no fight. theirs is watery soup, not enough body and not enough collagen. meldrum one is thick and full bodied, only achieved by fresh non frozen meat and boiling lots of tendons and other fibrous parts for long hours. i suggest ordering the campur(mixed) version

ikan bakar is super value for money, plus they do honest business, you pick your prefer piece of fish and put on scale to weigh infront of you and you get told of the price before u confirm. 1 piece sotong with petai and winged beans plus 1 nice size piece of stingray plus minus 50RM

and the pièce de résistance; oyster omlette, fresh and plump oysters, perfect combination of crispy bits and soft creamy eggy chunks. i highly suggest order with add oysters for maximum pleasure.

don't forget to grab a Magum ice cream for desert @ 4.7RM, buy in the shops before the CIQ building and keep in your bag, then enjoy it AFTER you pass the checkpoint where you have to show your passport. it makes the long walk from that point to passport control seem shorter and much sweeter.

your target timing is good, after finishing eating, still light out while walking back to customs to aid digestion.

omg, type until my salivia drooling... waiting for the weekend to arrive and can't wait to eat until food coma
U making me hungry. I'm going in this Friday morning about 930am.

Any sup kambing stall along that stretch will do right? I'll order the bone part cos I love the bone marrow.

U mean keep the ice cream in my bag then eat after I chop passport?? Won't melt meh?

Hope stomach still have space coz I having curry fish head for lunch

Last edited by Whisper; 14-05-2018 at 02:51 PM..
Old 14-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #5570
Master Member

U??? i making myself hungry

no, not keep until after chop passport. there is a "checkpoint" where u have to flash your passport then continue walking to chop passport. it's before you head up 2 escalators before you enter their CIQ buiilding.

When u come out of CIQ building, after you travel down the 2nd escalator, look to your left and you will see that little "check point" area. when u are making your way back to SG, you are "required" to flash your passport to the officials there before proceeding.

yupe, any 1 of the 3 stalls left, after renovations, are good. tried them all after renovation. personally recommend the stall deepest in the middle of the section. i like their flavor best. that stall is also the only one left over from renovations. the other 2 are new, moved in from other place.

for food adventure days, i suggest conserving stomach space by not eating carbs.

if u don't want to queue and wait for Kam Long, which i think is a little over hyped, u can consider an alternative by Cedar Point hawker center. it is right behind Paragon hotel. only down side if no personal transport, then have to taxi/grab there and back, it's in the middle of nowhere so to speak. KSL is down the road if you want to walk the pasar malam trail.

U making me hungry. I'm going in this Friday morning about 930am.

Any sup kambing stall along that stretch will do right? I'll order the bone part cos I love the bone marrow.

Hope stomach still have space coz I having curry fish head for lunch

Last edited by Aaagogo; 14-05-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Old 14-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #5571
High Supremacy Member

@Aaagogo
Just checked my old passport..last I went jb was in 2011..

No wonder I can't relate when u mentioned about the flash passport portion.

Ok I'll try to search for the middle section sup kambing..I don't intend to take rice or noodles.. save space for more food..

I think I'll only check out paragon hotel after this trip..as too long never been to jb already so don't want to wonder too far off custom.
Old 15-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #5572
Supremacy Member

@Aaagogo
Just checked my old passport..last I went jb was in 2011..

No wonder I can't relate when u mentioned about the flash passport portion.

Ok I'll try to search for the middle section sup kambing..I don't intend to take rice or noodles.. save space for more food..

I think I'll only check out paragon hotel after this trip..as too long never been to jb already so don't want to wonder too far off custom.
about time to renew passport?
razorlala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #5573
High Supremacy Member

about time to renew passport?
Already renewed, just that I didn't throw away the expired one.
Old 15-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #5574

any reccommanded phone repair in citysaquare or KSL

any reccommanded phone repair in citysaquare or KSL ... for Samsung phone
Old 15-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #5575

i always go to holiday plaza to a shop call HP REPAIR unit LG 72 near those selling phone accessories in the middle.

his name is Hao
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #5576
Master Member

WOOO HOOOO

monday monday monday, go KSL watch Deadpool 2 then go eat delicious Sio Bah + Carrot cake with tao geh + tau huey + muah chi and wash them all down with a huge bag of sugar cane juice
Old 17-05-2018, 12:10 AM   #5577
Supremacy Member

Why bother when you can get 2.2GB for 6 days for $5?

It's some tourist card I remember.
What card is this mate?
Kaki369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 01:52 AM   #5578
Supremacy Member

WOOO HOOOO

monday monday monday, go KSL watch Deadpool 2 then go eat delicious Sio Bah + Carrot cake with tao geh + tau huey + muah chi and wash them all down with a huge bag of sugar cane juice
where u eat those stuff?
razorlala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:46 AM   #5579
Supremacy Member

where u eat those stuff?
The KSL pasar malam, I suppose.
Aaagogo likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:46 AM   #5580
Supremacy Member

The cart outside the KSL cinema seems to be a popular choice.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.