HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree654Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #6166
Master Member

Wanted to go today but last minute can't make it. Tomorrow is out coz public holiday. Friday also out coz school holiday. Weekends no need say confirm out.
Yeah. Tml would be crazy at custom. In fact tonight start liao. Friday and Saturday can monitor lah.

Like i said before, those wana fully max the long weekend, will have left either this evening or tml, so free up Friday and Saturday.
I can be wrong too....
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #6167
Master Member

Yeah. Tml would be crazy at custom. In fact tonight start liao. Friday and Saturday can monitor lah.

Like i said before, those wana fully max the long weekend, will have left either this evening or tml, so free up Friday and Saturday.
I can be wrong too....
so the more ppl go in tonight and tmr, means maybe saturday lesser jam ?
myviowner likes this.
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #6168
High Supremacy Member

I can be wrong too....
Ya..the jam unpredictable one..actually the bus traffic is ok..it's the chop passport at JB side very long queue and slow moving.
myviowner likes this.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #6169
Supremacy Member

I can be wrong too....
What tonight. Many people already took leave and are at the Causeway now, or already crossed over eating at DTF there. Those cheapkate hotels there are fully booked...always the case whenever there was a long weekend.
myviowner likes this.
Papermate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #6170
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have digi Sim
How to TOP up of I’m in sg
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #6171
Master Member

What I mean is will ppl use 2nd link to go JB since itís much much further or they rather jam abit

Well, it really depends, some will check cam then decide. Some will depend where they reside in Sg. Some dun mind that extra distance if they have errands at Bt Indah....etc
Alot of factors wor....
Old 08-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #6172
Master Member

I have digi Sim
How to TOP up of Iím in sg
Haven heard there is a place in sg can top up digi sim wor....
Old 08-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #6173
Master Member

Ya..the jam unpredictable one..actually the bus traffic is ok..it's the chop passport at JB side very long queue and slow moving.
Yes, got bus lane. Human traffic is challenging at both custom counters.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #6174
Master Member

so the more ppl go in tonight and tmr, means maybe saturday lesser jam ?
Logically.... lolz
Old 08-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #6175
Arch-Supremacy Member

Download app? And TOP up kym?

Haven heard there is a place in sg can top up digi sim wor....
Old 08-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #6176
Supremacy Member

I have digi Sim
Via ePay, or Digi app w/credit card, Qoo10, etc.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #6177
Master Member

i chanced upon this post, i find it very useful:
Reached JB by bus around 9.30 pm last Friday, the pushcart shops and 7-11 at JB Sentral said they cannot sell the prepaid card at night after certain timing because they cannot do the registration. I needed internet to book a Grab ride to Sutera area ( RM$17 ) and sadly could not find wifi at City Square or Komtar JBCC. So no choice, took one of the taxi lined outside Komtar, trip was around RM$25.

So fast forward, in KL on Saturday night, Bukit Bintang, Alor Street, I was still determined to get a prepaid card for convenience sake. Encountered make shift stalls that are selling starter pack for higher prices. I know how much is each telco's starter pack price as I saved it on my phone so I just refuse to buy anything for RM$15.00 -RM$18.50 when it cost only RM$8.00 - RM8.50.

Found a convenience store ( forgot is it 7-11 or the other one ) which carries U Mobile cards. The cashier said I have to buy the RM$18.50 if I want data ( 200 MB only ) and if i get the RM$8.50 starter pack - it does not come with any data.

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would have paid RM$18.50. But luckily I have bought the RM$8.50 pack before in KSL in May and know it comes with a bundled 200MB data.

This is the kind of gimmick that one may encounter if they are not familiar with the prices... I refuse to pay extra $10 for the starter pack and told the guy I wanted my prepaid card without data at the published price on the pack.

When I insert the card into my phone and opened up the umobile app to check, it has data contrary to what the guy claimed.

BTW, for short trips of 1-3 days, U Mobile has promotions at Tesco, selling starter packs for only RM3! ( my cousins snapped 4 packs when they were in KSL JB )

Starter Packs RRP ( As of 29 July 2018 )
Celcom - Xpax RM$10
Maxis - Hotlink RM$10
Digi Prepaid Live RM$8
U Mobile RM$8.50

My trip ended up being 5 days, so my U Mobile 200 MB data and credit were all used up. Bought Xpax from the official Celcom store in NU Sentral, Lvl 2 ( KL Sentral ). Should have bought Xpax from Day 1 if I could since I can choose either 10GB Facebook or 10GB Instagram freebies. I think that's great for instagram heavy users like me.
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #6178
Supremacy Member

I have digi Sim
Find in Lazada, 11street or shopee.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #6179

it's going to be a very busy week. even the rest stops along the highway were filled with singaporeans this morning.

kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #6180
Arch-Supremacy Member

They can PM once purchased ?

Find in Lazada, 11street or shopee.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.