HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #6706
Supremacy Member

Wanna go massage upper body only but all like offer full body which i dun wan as I'm having period and it gets very uncomfortable. Can recommend place near ksl for upper body massage?
You want Thai or traditional?

Spot on analysis about KSL Tesco, but honestly, it’s built for Singaporeans. Most, if not all, Malaysians I know do their groceries shopping at those huge standalone Tesco mega supermarket at Indah or Tebrau (either that or Giant or Aeon). The choice of selection is poor at KSL; the cable tie thing is a huge turn off but I think if you’re a Tesco member, parking is free if you spend above RM50.

Which makes me wonder how come there is no proper supermarket at City Square...
If I'm nearby KSL then go buy snacks lo. Coffee powder and bottled water always sold out fast. Last time city square have a mini mart but not many people frequent there hence up lorry.

You are right though that Johorean will prefer go other bigger hypermarket to do groceries. Too crowded in KSL, too little choice and no free parking for > 2 hours. Not to mention too many idiots any how park outside the mall.

Last edited by jasonhanjk; 08-11-2018 at 08:58 AM..
jasonhanjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #6707

Not to mention too many idiots any how park outside the mall.
but isn't that the beauty of malaysia?

most countries people anyhow park. only our gahmen so cleber draw lines, so we park there we need to pay them money.

If I'm nearby KSL then go buy snacks lo. Coffee powder and bottled water always sold out fast. Last time city square have a mini mart but not many people frequent there hence up lorry.
oh the mini mart downstairs at the basement carpark gone liao ah? i long time never go there liao... use to go and buy chewing gum before going back to SG. lol!
Old 08-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #6708
High Supremacy Member

Just came back from Gim Cheng. Rather affordable and tasty but not super fab.

kosongice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #6709

You want Thai or traditional?

You are right though that Johorean will prefer go other bigger hypermarket to do groceries. Too crowded in KSL, too little choice and no free parking for > 2 hours. Not to mention too many idiots any how park outside the mall.
You first time to there huh? Come on.... what idiots sia...... parking in jaybee is like this.... head in style and park along the road, pedestrian way is common.

This is what i observed when sinkies visit jaybee.... expect it to be like in Singapore.... everything in orderly..... bth!!
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #6710

Diff taste buds..... lolz
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #6711
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far, I have tried the dim sum near city square, da si xi, kak kak, gui yuan and a few others but gim cheng is still the best. Much better than swee choon, 126, mongkok, yum cha etc in sg
FireEmblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #6712
Arch-Supremacy Member

FYI, for the last 3 weeks when I was at KSL's Tesco, my bag wasn't cable tied.
I was never cable tied before, dun even know got such new ruling
Old 08-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #6713
Great Supremacy Member

Bookmarked.

I now going in. Wanna try the dim sum at Holiday Villa then after that cut hair.

x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #6714

And recently they redraw the lines on the roads surrounding KSL, making curtain roads one way and stuff, now it’s a mess- every Malaysian cars also anyhow left turn, right turn, U turn. So if you’re driving around the area, be careful.

Parking price not so much an issue for me, not matter how expensive, still cheaper than Singapore malls or even HDB. It’s the availability of lots- time is precious, already spent hours queuing to stamp passports sometimes, last thing I want is to queue to enter car park and then have to wait another 30 minutes for a lot.

Last edited by Elon Jobs; 08-11-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Elon Jobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #6715

There's now the Komtar JBCC mall linked to City Square via the overhead bridge, with its own parking which I once had to walk through to get to the other end where there's a supermarket (decent size bigger than City Square's) and foodcourt.
Sounds like a plan. I’ll try to visit there the next time I’m in Johor Bahru and park at JBCC, maybe pay Marks & Spencer a visit and jalan jalan abit and see what’s new at these two malls.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #6716
Great Supremacy Member

Sounds like a plan. I’ll try to visit there the next time I’m in Johor Bahru and park at JBCC, maybe pay Marks & Spencer a visit and jalan jalan abit and see what’s new at these two malls.
Their M&S cheaper than SG?
Old 08-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #6717

Their M&S cheaper than SG?
About 10-20% cheaper the last time I visited which was about slightly more than a year ago. I bought some coffee beans, biscuit and fizzy drinks.

No bakery though, so still have to visit Lavender for bread.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #6718
Great Supremacy Member

About 10-20% cheaper the last time I visited which was about slightly more than a year ago. I bought some coffee beans, biscuit and fizzy drinks.

No bakery though, so still have to visit Lavender for bread.
I only go M&S for their berms. Very comfortable but been quite a while since i went to City Square there liao.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #6719
Master Member

Any nice place to stay ard Tebrau Jusco area ? must have Wifi and within RM12 Grabcar, prefer no carpets and homestay

Anyone been to this Mydin Hypermart at Pelangi Indah? any review (is the Mydin at Mutiara Rini better than this one ) ?:
https://www.google.com/maps/@1.57110...7i13312!8i6656
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #6720
Master Member

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know any place selling the following medicine in jb:
1) Ventolin Evohaler 100MCG
2) Flixotide Evohaler 50MCG

Many Thanks in advance. Cheers!!!
Can try MyPharmacy in sothern city giant?
galaxynote is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.