HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Johor Bahru - share is caring

Like Tree344Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #751
Supremacy Member

Ex-Plaza Kotaraya
After like 1year after reopening, around 40% occupied. Star tenant now is Mr DIY which occupy biggest space above the food court. Is like Daiso but prices are more attractive than Daiso. Although the mall is quiet, Mr DIY attracts quite a no. of shoppers.

Kapitan got an outlet there besides the basement outlet at City Sq. I didn't find any cheaper than Tesco for items like chilli sauce, potato chips, tomato beans. However the outlets are walking distance from kastam so no need bus fare to nearest Tesco at KSL.
Mr DIY sounds like the one I saw on the ground floor of Tesco Tebrau...? I can't remember the name of that other one...

Anyway, thanks for this info. I like the one in Tebrau, so if it's the same one, will definitely try to visit the one nearer CIQ one day.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #752
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows if city Sq ground floor mooncake roadshow started for this weekend (24-25 Aug)?

tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #753

Mr DIY sounds like the one I saw on the ground floor of Tesco Tebrau...? I can't remember the name of that other one...

Anyway, thanks for this info. I like the one in Tebrau, so if it's the same one, will definitely try to visit the one nearer CIQ one day.
Yes, it is, was there on Thursday at Tebrau. I think I won't mind making a trip if I am near CS. Haven't been at Kotaraya since its re-opening because UO store shifted out
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #754
Supremacy Member

Yes, it is, was there on Thursday at Tebrau. I think I won't mind making a trip if I am near CS. Haven't been at Kotaraya since its re-opening because UO store shifted out
Thank you for the confirmation!
Old 24-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #755
Master Member

Ex-Plaza Kotaraya
After like 1year after reopening, around 40% occupied. Star tenant now is Mr DIY which occupy biggest space above the food court. Is like Daiso but prices are more attractive than Daiso. Although the mall is quiet, Mr DIY attracts quite a no. of shoppers.

Kapitan got an outlet there besides the basement outlet at City Sq. I didn't find any cheaper than Tesco for items like chilli sauce, potato chips, tomato beans. However the outlets are walking distance from kastam so no need bus fare to nearest Tesco at KSL.
Kapltan prices sky rocketed since the renovation. Look before you buy.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #756

Kapltan prices sky rocketed since the renovation. Look before you buy.
Kapitan price has never been cheaper even before that. I used to compare prices some years back. Then I found UO store at Kotaraya. Never turn back since until it shifted out to Denga City Mall. Most items I wanted to buy either cost the same price or more than SG except for few items. I hardly buy anything there except may be for Yakult light and possibly few other stuff that SG don't sell.

Once, sometime about >1 month before CNY, I went there and saw Tong's Garden nut stuff, wasn't sure of the price as I had not seen it in SG. However, after 2 weeks, I went back because I found the same item sold in NTUC. I thought it was cheaper so I went back there to buy. However, to my surprise, the price went up and cost more than SG. I would rather buy from Jusco which cost more but not that expensive. Having said that, sometimes, no time to travel out there. So the next best place is UO store at Denga, but then .... waiting for that S1 shopping bus can sometime turn you off.

Last edited by bbmars1128; 24-08-2013 at 10:29 PM..
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #757
Supremacy Member

Anyone going to buy mooncake?
trd2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #758
Supremacy Member

Anyone going to buy mooncake?
You want to tongpang or you want to buy for us?

Was in City Square yesterday, the mooncake fair has started.
Old 30-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #759
Arch-Supremacy Member

You want to tongpang or you want to buy for us?

Was in City Square yesterday, the mooncake fair has started.
Got what brands? How much ?
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #760

Tmr Msia National Day. Will custom jam be very bad? I heard less counters might be open at Msia custom.
ses009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #761
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tmr Msia National Day. Will custom jam be very bad? I heard less counters might be open at Msia custom.
Going tml for one night at ksl area.
Hope wont jam until so long.
Old 31-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #762
Supremacy Member

Got what brands? How much ?
No idea as I'm not really into mooncakes so just breezed through the area. Only updated for members who asked if the fair had started.

Did notice the Hello Kitty and Doraemon mooncake booth is there again, though.
Old 31-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #763

I think the common mooncake brands are Tai Thong, Baker's Cottage, Overseas, KLT, Good Chen (Hello Kitty, Doraemon, Spongebob).

Should be around rm50-60 per box.
ses009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #764
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think the common mooncake brands are Tai Thong, Baker's Cottage, Overseas, KLT, Good Chen (Hello Kitty, Doraemon, Spongebob).

Should be around rm50-60 per box.
Walked around city square, the prices are around 40+ to 60+ rm
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #765

thanks for good info. need to find time go in to buy mooncakes.
mervin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.