Johor Bahru - share is caring - Part 2

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Saturday queue estimate minimum 3 hours from wld cp onwards if you reach there around 10am.

Sent from A New Hope using GAGT

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
Going into JB on 26 Dec 2019. (Boxing Day)
Plan to take KTM but no more online tickets for morning.
If I can reach Woodlands custom by 8am, is it advisable to check out KTM train tickets over the counter. If no more then walk back to checkpoint?
Travelling with 2.5 years old so cracking head to clear Malaysia custom ASAP.

Zubuto

Reaction score
Not sure your purpose to go JB but you may want to try and go via Tuas, which means go to Aeon Bukit Indah. Tesco is just a short walk away.

Bus to board from Jurong East is CW3.

I generally find going via Tuas is much more pleasant but not sure about boxing day situation. Aeon Bt Indah is also quite nice, can eat at the eateries outside of Aeon.

When come back, board at the same spot you alight.

Maybe give this some thought.

If I can reach Woodlands custom by 8am, is it advisable to check out KTM train tickets over the counter. If no more then walk back to checkpoint?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thought your post looked familiar and yes indeed.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/shuttle-trains-travelling-woodlands-5070826-71.html

Since it's related to taking train, the other thread would already be good enough as members who've tried similar route would have a better idea.

Anyway, as you've decided to post here as well, perhaps for more opinions, I'd also say go by 2nd Link.

Boxing Day isn't a public holiday, is it? So I can't imagine any difference as with any other weekdays during this school holiday period. 8am is good at 2nd Link since not being a weekend/holiday means you won't meet too many SG shoppers at that hour. Just don't go beyond 11am unless you want to meet bus loads of tiong tour groups.

If your target area is over the other side like City Square or Tebrau City, bus from JB CIQ out of the area before Grabbing over.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure your purpose to go JB but you may want to try and go via Tuas, which means go to Aeon Bukit Indah. Tesco is just a short walk away.

I generally find going via Tuas is much more pleasant but not sure about boxing day situation. Aeon Bt Indah is also quite nice, can eat at the eateries outside of Aeon.

If target is Bukit Indah, go in via 2nd link is easier, best if you stay in the west.
Next time you can try taking CW7 at bus stop opp Tuas Link MRT station. You don't have to spend so much time on CW3 bus. CW7 just make a u turn, then straight to the custom 5mins reach liao.

"When come back, board at the same spot you alight."
I think this is wrong, CW bus coming back sg no more pick up at Bukit Indah, I think shift to Tesco.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought your post looked familiar and yes indeed.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/shuttle-trains-travelling-woodlands-5070826-71.html

Since it's related to taking train, the other thread would already be good enough as members who've tried similar route would have a better idea.

Anyway, as you've decided to post here as well, perhaps for more opinions, I'd also say go by 2nd Link.

Boxing Day isn't a public holiday, is it? So I can't imagine any difference as with any other weekdays during this school holiday period. 8am is good at 2nd Link since not being a weekend/holiday means you won't meet too many SG shoppers at that hour. Just don't go beyond 11am unless you want to meet bus loads of tiong tour groups.

If your target area is over the other side like City Square or Tebrau City, bus from JB CIQ out of the area before Grabbing over.

To tebrau still ok, to City square better to take 1st link.
Grab 30 mins distance cost 26 rm, not cheap.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To tebrau still ok, to City square better to take 1st link.
Grab 30 mins distance cost 26 rm, not cheap.

Honestly speaking, I can't imagine why would anyone want to shop at City Square after making the effort to be at Woodlands CIQ 8am. =:p

At that hour, I'd head for Tebrau area as well, breakfast/brunch in IKEA, then shop around there. Only on the way back then drop by at City Square.

But if it's later, I'd spend that time and money rather than queue for 2 or even 3 hours at JB CIQ hall with Sinkies who don't know the meaning of "queue" and just bunch together creating confusion for the rest in the back. ;)

Zubuto

Reaction score

"When come back, board at the same spot you alight."
I think this is wrong, CW bus coming back sg no more pick up at Bukit Indah, I think shift to Tesco.

I went to Aeon Bt Indah on 11/11/19 and I boarded at the same place I alighted for the return trip. Unless it has changed since then.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I can't imagine why would anyone want to shop at City Square after making the effort to be at Woodlands CIQ 8am. =:p

At that hour, I'd head for Tebrau area as well, breakfast/brunch in IKEA, then shop around there. Only on the way back then drop by at City Square.

But if it's later, I'd spend that time and money rather than queue for 2 or even 3 hours at JB CIQ hall with Sinkies who don't know the meaning of "queue" and just bunch together creating confusion for the rest in the back. ;)

I also don't know why many ppl like KSL and City Square :s13: But up to individual lol.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also don't know why many ppl like KSL and City Square :s13: But up to individual lol.

it's the same group of people that go overseas with tourgroups and eat at overseas chinese restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Aeon Bt Indah on 11/11/19 and I boarded at the same place I alighted for the return trip. Unless it has changed since then.

I went there on 9/11 -10/11. I was waiting for bus CW7 at sutera mall, but CW3 arrive. Then it go to bukit indah Tesco (I think) to pick up, there is a very long Q with CW staffs. So I thought CW bus no more pick up from bukit indah.

@Habrosus should know this better.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score

Got any direct bus from Bukit indah to city sq? Where to board the bus? Maybe morning can go bt indah then afternoon go mid valley southkey

EatAte

Reaction score
hello, planning to go jb on the 20th dec. what timing should i be at the checkpoint to avoid the crowd?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got any direct bus from Bukit indah to city sq? Where to board the bus? Maybe morning can go bt indah then afternoon go mid valley southkey

Bukit Indah bus stop got 1 yellow colour bus 111 to JB sentral. You can google for route.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys to avoid jam, be it human or car, just skip peak hour, long weekend, public holiday.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys to avoid jam, be it human or car, just skip peak hour, long weekend, public holiday.
I tried taking bus on a Friday about 7am+ at queen st terminal...also quite long queue for the bus
When reaching custom...slight jam as many factory buses sending their staff back to msia

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went there on 9/11 -10/11. I was waiting for bus CW7 at sutera mall, but CW3 arrive. Then it go to bukit indah Tesco (I think) to pick up, there is a very long Q with CW staffs. So I thought CW bus no more pick up from bukit indah.

@Habrosus should know this better.

I've not taken CW from Aeon Bukit Indah for quite a while already, because I find it a hassle having to check whether it's going in to depot or coming out to SG. If I'm returning from that area, I normally walk to TF Value Mart to queue for the bus. Anyway, my last stop is seldom from Aeon.

As for the route, I notice it's not 100% fixed. I like CW buses coz I feel that their drivers may make a diversion if there's bad traffic and such. That pick-up from Tesco might have been a one-off incident due to an earlier bus breakdown or something...?

When I returned from TF Value Mart and Perling Mall, the buses didn't always turn into Aeon Bukit Indah to pick up passengers. Twice in recently weeks, the bus I was in turned towards the Aeon bus stop but made an earlier u-turn back to the route when the driver noticed another bus already there to do the same task.

If you need absolute confirmation of the exact bus stop, can always PM the staff on their FB page. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.