KSL Mall (Johor)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had a bad experience with a booking (via third-party site) at Mutiara over the weekend. Arrived around 9pm, and by then it was already so badly overbooked that the lounge was crowded with overbooked guests. Hotel initially tried to tell everyone there to cancel their reservations, and that any cancellation fees would be waived. Only after some of us kicked up a fuss did they arrange alternative accommodation... For the few of us who kicked up a fuss.

10pm cancel reservation, then go where sia ? :s22:

What alternative accommodation did they arrange for you?

At 10pm, I'd try KSL hotel unless it's really peak/holiday period. Like make Mutiara provide you with a PC to do the reservation, and make sure they cover all charges.

I don't quite understand their "overbooked" since your reservation was done directly with them. I guess you used a credit card to secure the booking?

Or they got some last-minute VIPs in...?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What alternative accommodation did they arrange for you?

At 10pm, I'd try KSL hotel unless it's really peak/holiday period. Like make Mutiara provide you with a PC to do the reservation, and make sure they cover all charges.

I don't quite understand their "overbooked" since your reservation was done directly with them. I guess you used a credit card to secure the booking?

Or they got some last-minute VIPs in...?

After nearly 1.5h of arguing with whoever even dared venture out from the back office to the front counter, they transferred us to Amerin Hotel. It seemed quite inferior to Mutiara. Have stayed at Mutiara before during work trips, so can compare the rooms.

My gf used a credit card, but think she didn't select the Pay Now option. Not sure if it would have made a difference. Before transferring to Amerin, we paid Mutiara at the booking price, and received a Letter of Undertaking to facilitate the transfer.

Just before we left the place, saw a large tour group of Mainland Chinese coming in. Not sure if they had anything to do with the overbooking.

Matrix21

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
me and my friends stayed over at KSL last weekend and usually KSL will not be fully booked, seems like there was a surge of tourist the last weekend and our rooms had to be allocated at different levels and service was particularly bad.

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After nearly 1.5h of arguing with whoever even dared venture out from the back office to the front counter, they transferred us to Amerin Hotel. It seemed quite inferior to Mutiara. Have stayed at Mutiara before during work trips, so can compare the rooms.

My gf used a credit card, but think she didn't select the Pay Now option. Not sure if it would have made a difference. Before transferring to Amerin, we paid Mutiara at the booking price, and received a Letter of Undertaking to facilitate the transfer.

Just before we left the place, saw a large tour group of Mainland Chinese coming in. Not sure if they had anything to do with the overbooking.

Oh no, hope mutiara wont be invaded by this group of tourists and spoil it for everyone..

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
both also ok!

teochew one, outside KSL along the stretch of shop houses got 2.

in the morning before noon, walk all way pass the geylang porridge to the T junction, opposite got multi mart for cantonese porridge.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
teochew one, outside KSL along the stretch of shop houses got 2.

in the morning before noon, walk all way pass the geylang porridge to the T junction, opposite got multi mart for cantonese porridge.

thanks. will check them out.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the right of Ming Ang, somewhere across the road from Multi Mart coffee shop, there's a (I think it's quite new) Klang bakut teh shop...

Has anyone tried that?

Only walked past and saw the sign, not sure about the prices.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone know if Pullman Hotel Malaysia is selling their snowskin mooncakes in KSL or City Square mall? I emailed them but no reply.

I ate them last year gift from our supplier. very nice.

samich

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be going with my family but normally stay in ksl hotel and this time round we decide to stay the apartment. But how to I go from the mall to the lobby of d'esplanade? Cut through the swimming pool?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be going with my family but normally stay in ksl hotel and this time round we decide to stay the apartment. But how to I go from the mall to the lobby of d'esplanade? Cut through the swimming pool?

There used to be a not-very-standoutish door on the ground floor from Coffee Bean, not sure if it's still there. It leads to the apartment's reception area and used to be accessible with card only.

When I stayed there long time back, I've come out from inside the reception area after I checked out, but not the other way round.

If you're going there to check in, it's via the carpark entrance. Ya, sounds scary huh... Anyway, there's usually a guard there, so when you're walking into the carpark, you'll be able to see the reception area on your right. (Lift lobby on your left.) That is, if things haven't changed since.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Agree with Habrosus. The vehicle entrance is on the side with Coffee Bean.
The mall access is at Level G through a small door next to Govin hair saloon and Factory Outlet. Entrance through that door lead to a walkway to the reception of D' Esplanade Residence.
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Loca...t-Johor_Bahru_Johor_Bahru_District_Johor.html
I made the wrong assumption and showed up at the main hotel entrance, and was led on a 5min walk through the mall.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices at KSL Hotel has dropped. Used to be a firm S$68, now can see $51 for school holiday! why? Can experts kindly give an update: Which are the hotels recommended (very) near to KSL Mall?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices at KSL Hotel has dropped. Used to be a firm S$68, now can see $51 for school holiday! why? Can experts kindly give an update: Which are the hotels recommended (very) near to KSL Mall?

I think because for families, they would want good swimming pool, decent and clean rooms. Top up abit, can stay other newer hotels mah.

Not saying KSL hotel's room ain't decent or clean, I've never stayed in their normal rooms before. I always stay the highest floor with bath tub but i could imagine the standard for normal rooms bah because the highest floor also not say standard good until where and having constant wifi signal at 27th floor is a b!tch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.