Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway to reload dogo prepaid card in singapore?

Digi? Can do it at a SAM machine, or go online though I've not tried the latter.

Subsequently, you might want to buy the top-up voucher on your next MY trip which you can keep and do it here anytime.

SkinEthos

Reaction score
Digi? Can do it at a SAM machine, or go online though I've not tried the latter.

Subsequently, you might want to buy the top-up voucher on your next MY trip which you can keep and do it here anytime.

Topping up at Sam machine is more expensive or its around the same compare to Malaysia shop?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely more when you do it here. I once did RM30 was charged around S$14.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need data plan for 3 day. I just have to dial *116*4*5*1# ( rm12 for 2gb) to subscript isit? Is their data plan very lag? or still usable.
I don't have the steps/code offhand, but I normally go one step at a time in case they've changed the sequence.

Network-wise, I seem to be getting better connection from Digi than Celcom these couple of weeks, though the latter has been known to have better coverage.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@SkinEthos

I've only just noticed the tab on Prepaid Internet Pass here

http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/overview/default/mobile-internet

And yes, if you need that much data within the 3 days, then those seem to be the steps.

However, do you need 2GB within 3 days? If not, I believe those under the Prepaid tab can also be used, despite the Prepaid Mobile Internet Add-Ons label. Like I recall having subscribed to something like a weekly RM10 500MB (thereabout) plan before... Just need to remember to cancel the auto-renewal before the expiry.

You can try subscribing to one of the other plans instead, if you want, and go step-by-step just in case.

Digi network may not be as good as the likes of Maxis (Hotlink), but still very much usable by my standards - and I'm an impatient user who likes no-nonsense connection.

Hmm... Digi seems to have made some updates to their website recently or after the Digi New Best v1 pack was launched. Will have to find a chance to explore in order to understand what's going on myself...

Last edited:

SkinEthos

Reaction score
@SkinEthos

I've only just noticed the tab on Prepaid Internet Pass here

http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/overview/default/mobile-internet
And yes, if you need that much data within the 3 days, then those seem to be the steps.

However, do you need 2GB within 3 days? If not, I believe those under the Prepaid tab can also be used, despite the Prepaid Mobile Internet Add-Ons label. Like I recall having subscribed to something like a weekly RM10 500MB (thereabout) plan before... Just need to remember to cancel the auto-renewal before the expiry.

You can try subscribing to one of the other plans instead, if you want, and go step-by-step just in case.

Digi network may not be as good as the likes of Maxis (Hotlink), but still very much usable by my standards - and I'm an impatient user who likes no-nonsense connection.

Hmm... Digi seems to have made some updates to their website recently or after the Digi New Best v1 pack was launched. Will have to find a chance to explore in order to understand what's going on myself...

Last question. My friend is helping me to get the top up card in Malaysia . I'm able to top up my digi prepaid card in Singapore with the 16 digit number right?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last question. My friend is helping me to get the top up card in Malaysia . I'm able to top up my digi prepaid card in Singapore with the 16 digit number right?

Yes, I've always been doing it at home before leaving for the causeway.

In case you're not aware, they charge a 6% GST for all top-up cards/vouchers and even e-reloads. So for a top-up of say RM20, you'll be charged RM21.20.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Should be can.

I am digi mobile user. You can activate/deactivate data plan, check value when roaming in Singapore.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New Digi Prepaid Internet Passes

I only recently noticed the other Prepaid Internet Pass tab on the Mobile Internet page http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/overview/default/mobile-internet when someone asked about a 2GB one with a 3-day validity that I'd not come across.:

RM5 1GB valid for 1 Day
RM0.50 30MB valid for 1 Hour
RM1 20MB valid for 1 Day
RM8 1GB valid for 2 Days
RM12 2GB valid for 3 Days

These are apparently a promotion for users of the latest 2 Digi Prepaid plans - Digi Smart Prepaid and Digi New Best v1.

From the FAQ:

Prepaid Internet Pass

Who is can participate in this promotion?
This promotion is open to Digi Smart Prepaid and New Best v1 customers. To check your prepaid plan dial *128*1*4# .

How do I check my quota?
To check your quota please go to digi.my/kuota

Can I use this internet with any of the Mobile Internet package?
Yes you can , however please note that the Pass Internet quota will be utilized first before quota is deducted from your internet package!

Would I get SMS notification as usage reminder?
Yes, you would receive SMS at 90% and at 100% usage threshold. You would also receive SMS at the end of the Internet Pass validity.

If I buy the 1 day validity plan when does it expires?
The 1 day validity pass expires 24 hours from the time of purchase. Validity of the pass is based on 24 hour cycle.

I guess users of the other older plans can only check for the qualified deals directly from your own lines.

hypzon

Reaction score
Create an account on qoo10.my (Malaysian Qoo10), and look for digi or prepaid reload.
That's how I did mine.

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Last edited:

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Digi number is expiring in 2 weeks time, still have about RM22 balance left. I have decided to switch to Tunetalk because I cannot stand Digi's terrible reception in the areas I frequent. Also Digi seems to be very expensive for calls, not to mention with frequent strange deductions.

Already using the Tunetalk card and immediately notice the difference in stability and speed even though its only 3G.

If I use my remaining credit to subscribe for a 1 month data package, will this continue to be useable after 2 weeks ? Or will the 1 month package be cut short by the card's expiry ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Digi number is expiring in 2 weeks time, still have about RM22 balance left. I have decided to switch to Tunetalk because I cannot stand Digi's terrible reception in the areas I frequent. Also Digi seems to be very expensive for calls, not to mention with frequent strange deductions.

Already using the Tunetalk card and immediately notice the difference in stability and speed even though its only 3G.

If I use my remaining credit to subscribe for a 1 month data package, will this continue to be useable after 2 weeks ? Or will the 1 month package be cut short by the card's expiry ?

Have never tried subscribing for an internet package going beyond the card's validity, so can't advise there. Not sure if their FAQ has the answer.

By the way, where did you get your Tunetalk card? Not many places seem to be selling this.

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have never tried subscribing for an internet package going beyond the card's validity, so can't advise there. Not sure if their FAQ has the answer.

By the way, where did you get your Tunetalk card? Not many places seem to be selling this.

Can't find anything in Digi's FAQ. Anyway I got my Tunetalk card from their dealer in Bukit Indah, at Indah 10/1. It's quite some distance from the familiar landmarks like Aeon and Tesco.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't find anything in Digi's FAQ. Anyway I got my Tunetalk card from their dealer in Bukit Indah, at Indah 10/1. It's quite some distance from the familiar landmarks like Aeon and Tesco.
Thanks for the Tunetalk info. :)
When I find a chance to explore the Digi website again, will update you if I come across anything.
Offhand though, I remember reading somewhere that we can continue using up the data package subscribed before the expiry, just not call nor message, but can't recall which telco that was.

Last edited:

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else using Voopee ? Maybe I am WOLS but I have just discovered this SIM-free option from XOX. SIM-free means it is an app, running on wifi or your mobile data, it provides you with a Malaysian telephone number that can receive or make calls and sms anywhere in the world. Default validity is 1 year, RM2 credit given from the start for free.

Set it up on an android phone and so far seems to work just fine. Only annoyance was the app setup tries to message all your contacts to tell them of your new number - I backed up all my contacts, deleted them and then let the app complete setup before re-importing them.

If this proves reliable, I might switch to this for my Malaysia bank TACs.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@the dog - Found Tunetalk SIM packs in a shop but was told these can no longer have extended validity of 28(?) months, but stay active only through regular Reload like many other prepaid cards?
Is that really the case now?

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@the dog - Found Tunetalk SIM packs in a shop but was told these can no longer have extended validity of 28(?) months, but stay active only through regular Reload like many other prepaid cards?
Is that really the case now?

I have not tried to extend the validity yet, still testing out the card with minimal balance to see if I like TuneTalk. I would be surprised and disappointed if the extension was no longer available - there are still plenty of links showing this information.

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/PlanRates/oneyearvalidity

I tried clicking the link to extend at the page above, was directed to key in my mobile # for a PIN to be sent - tried it and sure enough, received a PIN for "1 year validity". While this is a mock transaction since I don't have enough balance to proceed, it shows that the system still recognizes attempts to extend.

BTW, where did you find the SIM packs in the end ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not tried to extend the validity yet, still testing out the card with minimal balance to see if I like TuneTalk. I would be surprised and disappointed if the extension was no longer available - there are still plenty of links showing this information.

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/PlanRates/oneyearvalidity

I tried clicking the link to extend at the page above, was directed to key in my mobile # for a PIN to be sent - tried it and sure enough, received a PIN for "1 year validity". While this is a mock transaction since I don't have enough balance to proceed, it shows that the system still recognizes attempts to extend.

BTW, where did you find the SIM packs in the end ?
Thanks for trying. :)

I came across a shop in Melaka, haven't got it since I didn't have my passport with me. Asked about the extended validity and was told no more, following the other cards'practice.

I'm having second thoughts and thinking to just stick to my IOX and Magic SIM for Celcom network.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.