HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #3616
Supremacy Member

Digi Best 1-Day Super Long Life

Just noticed a 1-day validity extension @RM1 in the Digi Best SLL options.

If this works like Celcom Magic SIM's 1DAY, Digi Best users who have not subscribed to any SLL plan can consider using this to reactivate your card (during the 75-day grace period) for your day-trips across the causeway.

(P.S. Can't test for you as all my cards have 365-day SLL subscribed.)
xtemujin and what88 like this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #3617
Supremacy Member

If this works like Celcom Magic SIM's 1DAY, Digi Best users who have not subscribed to any SLL plan can consider using this to reactivate your card (during the 75-day grace period) for your day-trips across the causeway.

Thanks for the info.

Tested for my DIGI New Best V2, the first option is 'Extend account validity from RM1'.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #3618

Thanks for the info.

Tested for my DIGI New Best V2, the first option is 'Extend account validity from RM1'.
I've also just tested this on my Digi New Best v2. Previously did not purchase Super Long Life (SLL)...

So my Digi card was not active but still within the 75 days passive/grace period;

- once access main USSD menu (*128#), first option is the one to get 1 day validity for RM1.

Yes, this is useful for those day trips into Malaysia.

No top up needed, just use this option to deduct RM1 from your Digi Best SIM card balance, then your Digi card is now active, i.e. can make calls & have FREE basic (64kbps) Internet access for the rest of the day.

Is this option -- 1 day validity for RM1 -- also available for the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM card?
https://new.digi.com.my/promotion/smartprepaid

If yes, this makes the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM a very attractive prepaid SIM card to buy/use.

Digi Smart Prepaid gives FREE 2GB data every weekend (Sat/Sun):
http://www.malaysianwireless.com/201...internet-life/
http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-...free-8gb-data/

Let's say you have a Digi Smart Prepaid SIM card, has some money in the card balance; SIM card not active but within 75 days passive/grace period...

Imagine you want to make a day trip to Malaysia on Sat/Sun; use this option to deduct RM1 from the Digi Smart Prepaid balance & the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM becomes active...

Then for the rest of the (Sat/Sun) day, you have FREE 2GB data to use (plus of course can make calls/SMS)
what88 likes this.

Last edited by boonkang; 10-06-2016 at 09:02 PM..
boonkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:48 PM   #3619
Supremacy Member

Is this option -- 1 day validity for RM1 -- also available for the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM card?
https://new.digi.com.my/promotion/smartprepaid

If yes, this makes the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM a very attractive prepaid SIM card to buy/use.

Digi Smart Prepaid gives FREE 2GB data every weekend (Sat/Sun):
http://www.malaysianwireless.com/201...internet-life/
http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-...free-8gb-data/

Let's say you have a Digi Smart Prepaid SIM card, has some money in the card balance; SIM card not active but within 75 days passive/grace period...

Imagine you want to make a day trip to Malaysia on Sat/Sun; use this option to deduct RM1 from the Digi Smart Prepaid balance & the Digi Smart Prepaid SIM becomes active...

Then for the rest of the (Sat/Sun) day, you have FREE 2GB data to use (plus of course can make calls/SMS)
Good thinking but SLL is not available for Digi Smart Prepaid plan.

I am a Digi Smart Prepaid subscriber, can I subscribe for Super Long Life?
No, Super Long Life subscription is not available for Digi Smart Prepaid subscriber.

Also, the grace period for Digi Smart is 90 days.

The number of days given to the Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMSes is 90 days, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless a 'reload' is performed.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #3620

i'm going msia for a short getaway and i need whatsapp for communications. i did a bit of searching, so can i just head over to any Digi store and get digi smart prepaid and start using it? or is there any certain things i'm required to activate?
Half-Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #3621
Supremacy Member

i'm going msia for a short getaway and i need whatsapp for communications. i did a bit of searching, so can i just head over to any Digi store and get digi smart prepaid and start using it? or is there any certain things i'm required to activate?
Shop will register and activate the SIM card for you, but take note that most promotional freebies from Digi require users to do the redemption (manually).

Example, from the link in my last post:
✓ FREE 8GB per month
For the rest of your life, on every weekend.
To redeem, just dial *888*6#
Old 10-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #3622

Shop will register and activate the SIM card for you, but take note that most promotional freebies from Digi require users to do the redemption (manually).

Example, from the link in my last post:
✓ FREE 8GB per month
For the rest of your life, on every weekend.
To redeem, just dial *888*6#
wow thanks! much appreciated
Habrosus likes this.
Half-Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #3623
Supremacy Member

wow thanks! much appreciated
If you can spare the time, hang around the shop and put your SIM card into the phone to ensure it's working fine before leaving the area. Seek their help if you encounter anything you're not sure about.

If the shop requests that you activate the card yourself due to high traffic flow (happened to me once at a rest stop), get the code from them and do the activation ASAP. I'd to catch my coach then, but fortunately everything went well when I followed the steps given once I got onto the NSHW.

Meanwhile, note down the redemption code/s of whatever promotion/s you're aiming for, coz not all dealers know their products well.
what88 likes this.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #3624
Master Member

If I use happy roam or Malaysia SIM card, can I use the data to use as hotspot?
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #3625

I'll be going on a 4-day trip to MY and will reach CIQ at 7am+ on a Friday. What will be the shops there that will be open? Prefer as little price overhead (chop carrot) as possible. Will need nano for my iPhone 6.

Not 100% sure which SIM I will go for, maybe hotlink fast?
Validity: as long as possible, but I am happy if can top up a few RM to extend every now & then
Basic Internet: when value used up, prefer got basic Internet (64kbps?)
ivanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #3626
Supremacy Member

No problem for Malaysia SIM like Hotlink tablet plan, DIGI New Best Prepaid and Tunetalk, so far so good... but no idea for Happy roam.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #3627
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can use happy roam for hotspot. But data speed might be slow...
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #3628

Thanks for the info.

So, does this mean that we don't need to apply for SLL anymore?
Just pay RM1 every 75 days or so??

Sounds like cheapest way to maintain a DIGI BEST SIM.
RM6 vs RM43.

regards,
Chris
hypzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #3629
Supremacy Member

my digi ithought it's 75+75 beofre i can't use..

My digi got 40+ ringgit .expire cause i didn't top up for 80days =( jin sad..40 ringgit gone need to spend 30+ buy another card with only 3 dollar inside.
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #3630
Supremacy Member

So, does this mean that we don't need to apply for SLL anymore?
Just pay RM1 every 75 days or so??

Sounds like cheapest way to maintain a DIGI BEST SIM.
RM6 vs RM43.

regards,
Chris
This RM1 1-day validity extension is actually one of Digi's SLL options.

Have not heard nor read of anyone who's tried using this (new) option, but if it works like a similar one from Celcom's Magic SIM then yes, you can just activate the SIM card this way during the 75-day grace period, either to use it for a day or just to "renew" the grace period.

Price of Digi's 365-day SLL, by the way, is either RM68 for the latest Digi New Best Prepaid v2, or RM38 for Digi Best Prepaid v4 or Digi New Best Prepaid v1. The RM43 is only the minimum balance required in order to get the 365-day option displayed if yours is one of the latter 2 plans.
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.