HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1979Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2016, 05:13 AM   #3661
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shop will register and activate the SIM card for you, but take note that most promotional freebies from Digi require users to do the redemption (manually).

Example, from the link in my last post:
✓ FREE 8GB per month
For the rest of your life, on every weekend.
To redeem, just dial *888*6#
Is this for digi best or or. Smart..
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #3662
Supremacy Member

Is this for digi best or or. Smart..
Only applicable to DIGI Smart Prepaid.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #3663
Master Member

While using it locally?

You might find your answers here - http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...14030-228.html - or check with these users who are more familiar.
Sort of.

I bought it yesterday. Changed to the new SIM card and log onto the Starhub happy app. Balance become 17.85. Then today become 17.70

All I did was to call another phone and dropped it to ensure the number is active. Received some sms for PIN and those welcome sms from Starhub

Anyway I bought it for my Thailand trip but intend to use it when I'm in jb. Those $5 3 day pass is enuff for my usual day trip to jb as I can use it as hotspot. 180 days validity seems good.

I'll check the link. Thanks.
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #3664
Supremacy Member

Sort of.

I bought it yesterday. Changed to the new SIM card and log onto the Starhub happy app. Balance become 17.85. Then today become 17.70

All I did was to call another phone and dropped it to ensure the number is active. Received some sms for PIN and those welcome sms from Starhub

Anyway I bought it for my Thailand trip but intend to use it when I'm in jb. Those $5 3 day pass is enuff for my usual day trip to jb as I can use it as hotspot. 180 days validity seems good.

I'll check the link. Thanks.
The 15 cents deduction might be due to local call that you made (1st minute block charge), but so sure if this the reason.
Old 17-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #3665
Master Member

Just wanna share my experience while in MY.

Today is my last day staying in Melaka. Asked around about digi and hotlink. Most small shop require you to top up when buying SIM. Pahlawan area starts from RM$20 for hotlink to RM$40 at Mahkota for Digi. I bought hotlink direct from Maxis centre at Mahkota. No need to top up and it's been three days I still have RM$5 credit left. Thanks to a bro here who share his tip on maximize the use of hotlink card. So if you are around Mahkota. Maxis is the only place to get SIM without the need to top up.

Just sharing my experience. Yours may vary.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #3666
High Supremacy Member

Arrow

Most small shops asked for top up as they can makan the commision.

Today is my last day staying in Melaka. Asked around about digi and hotlink. Most small shop require you to top up when buying SIM. Pahlawan area starts from RM$20 for hotlink to RM$40 at Mahkota for Digi. I bought hotlink direct from Maxis centre at Mahkota. No need to top up and it's been three days I still have RM$5 credit left. Thanks to a bro here who share his tip on maximize the use of hotlink card. So if you are around Mahkota. Maxis is the only place to get SIM without the need to top up.

Old 17-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #3667
Supremacy Member

In Melaka, places to get the 3 main cards at RRP without having to top up:

Maxis Hotlink > Mahkota Parade, Maxis Center
Celcom Magic SIM > Celcom Center down the road in front of the row of shops on the right of Hatten Hotel
Digi > Walk against the flow of traffic along the main road outside Mahkota Parade (that is, turn left when you get to the main road via the main entrance of the mall), you should see the bright yellow building with the Digi sign
LobsterX, mercury95sg and what88 like this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #3668
Master Member

In Melaka, places to get the 3 main cards at RRP without having to top up:

Maxis Hotlink > Mahkota Parade, Maxis Center
Celcom Magic SIM > Celcom Center down the road in front of the row of shops on the right of Hatten Hotel
Digi > Walk against the flow of traffic along the main road outside Mahkota Parade (that is, turn left when you get to the main road via the main entrance of the mall), you should see the bright yellow building with the Digi sign
Oh yes! I saw that Digi centre along the main road. Just opposite mcdonalds.

Great info!
Habrosus likes this.
Old 17-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #3669
Master Member

Habrosus, can we buy voucher to top up from vendors for hotlink? Or buy from 7 eleven. Are those bought from 7 eleven be used to top up a few days later?

Any other bros got top up tip to share?

Last edited by ipadxcell; 17-06-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Old 17-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #3670
Supremacy Member

Habrosus, can we buy voucher to top up from vendors for hotlink? Or buy from 7 eleven. Are those bought from 7 eleven be used to top up a few days later?

Any other bros got top up tip to share?
You can buy the top-up vouchers from the vendors, just remember to check the expiry dates that are printed on them, and that the gray area hasn't been scratched to reveal the PIN numbers.

I only get from 7-Eleven if I can't find a dealer/vendor, as theirs are just printed receipts that will fade after a while. Like those for U Mobile, Tron, and OneXOX, I get from 7-Eleven, then store the PIN numbers in my phone's Contact list, just in case.

The expiry dates for those scratch-to-reveal ones are normally more than a year, easily up to 4 years or so for some telcos. 7-Eleven ones are normally over a year too.

Last edited by Habrosus; 17-06-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Old 17-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #3671
Master Member

You can buy the top-up vouchers from the vendors, just remember to check the expiry dates that are printed on them, and that the gray area hasn't been scratched to reveal the PIN numbers.

I only get from 7-Eleven if I can't find a dealer/vendor, as theirs are just printed receipts that will fade after a while. Like those for U Mobile, Tron, and OneXOX, I get from 7-Eleven, then store the PIN numbers in my phone's Contact list, just in case.

The expiry dates for those scratch-to-reveal ones are normally more than a year, easily up to 4 years or so for some telcos. 7-Eleven ones are normally over a year too.
Thanks bro! U the best! Appreciated.
Should I top up on the expiry day or day before?
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by ipadxcell; 17-06-2016 at 05:15 PM..
Old 17-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #3672
Supremacy Member

Thanks bro! U the best! Appreciated.
Should I top up on the expiry day or day before?
Haha, you mean top up card expiry date or SIM card grace period day?

Anyway few days earlier will be better option in case there is some hiccup on last day.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 17-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #3673
Master Member

Haha, you mean top up card expiry date or SIM card grace period day?

Anyway few days earlier will be better option in case there is some hiccup on last day.
Sorry I should be clearer. My SIM will expire tomorrow. So to keep it active I need to top up today right?
Old 17-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #3674
Supremacy Member

Sorry I should be clearer. My SIM will expire tomorrow. So to keep it active I need to top up today right?
Do the top up today or tomorrow also can; you are still able to receive call/SMS from others as long as your SIM is still in its passive/grace period.

Normally every $1 will give you 1 day validity, so roughly you will know how long your card still active after the 'new' top up.

Last edited by what88; 17-06-2016 at 07:15 PM..
Old 19-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #3675
Supremacy Member

OneXOX App

Came across a few sites to download APK for OneXOX app, and tried these 2:

No login required, I guess it just reads the SIM card directly. It works whenever I do a Check Balance. Have not tried doing a Top-Up.
ONEXOX Prepaid (Official) (Productivity)

This one claims to be "developed under observation of One XOX Sdn. Bhd", but I removed it after it took too long on the loading page.
ONEXOX PREPAID (OFFICIAL) APK

Certainly beats using other methods (USSD codes and SMS) having to go from page to page just to do something.

PS: Download and use at your own risks; I shall not be responsible if something negative happens to your device.
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.