HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1997Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #3676
Supremacy Member

Came across a few sites to download APK for OneXOX app, and tried these 2:

No login required, I guess it just reads the SIM card directly. It works whenever I do a Check Balance. Have not tried doing a Top-Up.
ONEXOX Prepaid (Official) (Productivity)

This one claims to be "developed under observation of One XOX Sdn. Bhd", but I removed it after it took too long on the loading page.
ONEXOX PREPAID (OFFICIAL) APK

Certainly beats using other methods (USSD codes and SMS) having to go from page to page just to do something.

PS: Download and use at your own risks; I shall not be responsible if something negative happens to your device.
No IOS version to test this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #3677
Supremacy Member

No IOS version to test this.
It's not even in Google Play, so I'd to use the APK (Android Application Package).
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #3678
Master Member

My SIM is expiring tomorrow. There is $5 credit left. Once expired is this credit gone? If I top up will the credit rollover?
Using hotlink.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #3679
Supremacy Member

My SIM is expiring tomorrow. There is $5 credit left. Once expired is this credit gone? If I top up will the credit rollover?
Using hotlink.

Please refer to Hotlink FAQs under 'Lifecircle' for more detail. (scroll down all the way to bottom of the webpage)

What is the lifecycle of Hotlink FAST Plan?

Hotlink FAST Plan gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day credit grace period.

What is ‘credit grace’ period (or known previously as ‘deactive’ period)?

During the credit grace period, you can only receive incoming call and SMS. To be able to make call, SMS, & surf the internet, please perform a top up. To avoid service cancellation, please top-up before the end of the credit grace period.

What will happen to my unused credit in credit grace period?

Your unused credit in grace period will be frozen, and you can only receive incoming calls and SMS. Upon your next top up, unused credit balance can be used with your Top Up amount.

What will happen to my ongoing Internet subscription in grace period?

During grace period, you will not be able to utilize balance quota from your internet pass. Top up to continue using your Internet pass.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 19-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #3680
Supremacy Member

Under normal circumstances:

Top-up RM5, you get <--- 5 Active Days ---> to make calls, text, and go online.

After the 5 days, it'll go into <--- 50 Passive/Inactive Days Period ---> during which you can only receive calls and messages.

If you do a top-up during the 50-day inactive period, the amount will be added to your existing credit balance plus the validity will be given by the number of days corresponding to the amount you add in - 1 day for RM1.

If no top-up is done during the 50-day inactive period, your SIM card will be "dead" and credit balance forfeited.
what88 likes this.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #3681
Master Member

Thanks what88 and Habrosus.
Good to know the credit remains.
Habrosus and what88 like this.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #3682
Supremacy Member

the digi prepaid card the salesgirl activate 1 month 30 dollar thing? for 3GB? Do i need to cancel it or auto cancel 1 lol. She never say much just ask me pay nia

Then i realize there's 2 GB weekend etc free data bla bla all the stuff need manually apply but i never enter it =(( is it too late for me to enter these code i brought it 3 weeks ago?

I thought the credit will remain for 75 + 75 days end up sales girl say 75 days credit gone..wasted 100 + ringgit inside
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #3683

Hi what is minimum top up for hotlink fast? 1 can? Using it now for a short trip but credit hardly touched. Wasted if it expires
But don't come to Malaysia often. Only one or twice per year.

rainbow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #3684

Hi what is minimum top up for hotlink fast? 1 can? Using it now for a short trip but credit hardly touched. Wasted if it expires
But don't come to Malaysia often. Only one or twice per year.
buy new card each time? new cards come with goodies. no need to worry about expiry.

or topup min rm5 every 55 days, or use sos topup costing 50sen. alternate sos with regular topup, you can stretch the topup cycle to 107 days.

or use singapore's prepaids. validity 180 days.

Last edited by kitkat2; 20-06-2016 at 09:44 PM..
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #3685

Thanks for the advice bro

rainbow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #3686
Supremacy Member

the digi prepaid card the salesgirl activate 1 month 30 dollar thing? for 3GB? Do i need to cancel it or auto cancel 1 lol. She never say much just ask me pay nia

Then i realize there's 2 GB weekend etc free data bla bla all the stuff need manually apply but i never enter it =(( is it too late for me to enter these code i brought it 3 weeks ago?

I thought the credit will remain for 75 + 75 days end up sales girl say 75 days credit gone..wasted 100 + ringgit inside
To answer your first question; the following is extracted from DIGI website:

Will my subscription be terminated automatically at the end of each mobile internet plan validity?

No, all the plan are on auto renewal basis. This means that your subscription will be renewed automatically after it has ended at 11.59pm at the end of the mobile internet plan validity. If you wish to unsubscribe from this package, just opt-out by dialing *128*3*1*1# before your next renewal.
Btw yours is DIGI Smart or DIGI New Best prepaid?

My understanding is only DIGI Smart prepaid come with free weekend 2GB data, you must redeem your 2GB LTE in order to use it by dialing *888*6# once. Afterwards your LTE quota will automatically provision to you every weekend.

Please bear in mind that 75 days passive/grace period is for DIGI New Best while DIGI Smart suppose to be 90 days passive/grace period.

Old 22-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #3687
Supremacy Member

To answer your first question; the following is extracted from DIGI website:

Btw yours is DIGI Smart or DIGI New Best prepaid?

My understanding is only DIGI Smart prepaid come with free weekend 2GB data, you must redeem your 2GB LTE in order to use it by dialing *888*6# once. Afterwards your LTE quota will automatically provision to you every weekend.

Please bear in mind that 75 days passive/grace period is for DIGI New Best while DIGI Smart suppose to be 90 days passive/grace period.

Old 1smart. New 1 new best. So the person cheat me 😡
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #3688
Supremacy Member

Old 1smart. New 1 new best. So the person cheat me 😡
What do you mean by "Old 1smart. New 1 new best."? Do you have 2 Digi prepaid cards?

It's always good to read up the offerings connected to whichever prepaid cards we're interested in, and not forgetting to read the FAQ and T&C as well, before we head off to buy the SIM pack. Especially with their frequent changes (due to ongoing competition?), not all their staff are familiar with everything they offer.

With Digi, almost all the freebies from promos are subject to manual redemption by their users. This is stated if required, together with each promotion.

With regards to the data package activated, the onus is upon yourself to ask and understand what it's all about. Normally a standard free data quota that comes with a new SIM pack is not auto-renewable, whereas a separately subscribed data package is. You'll then have to ask them how to stop the auto-renewal.

Grace period, again, we should make an effort to double-check the accuracy of whatever the salesperson tells us.

We as buyers are only interested in the 2 types of prepaid packs offered by Digi, whereas they as sellers also have others like postpaid and data-only packs to deal with. Best is still doing our own research, and when buying, make it a point to ask if we've any doubts. You take it for granted that they know what they're doing, they take it for granted that you know what they're doing for you.

Why would the salesperson want to cheat you? If you think they're making you pay/buy/subscribe to something that's beyond the basic pack stated in their website, that you don't want/need, just move on to the next dealer. Most dealers have their ways of making some profit, especially if it's a booth or shop that they've to pay rent, so you can choose to buy whatever's offered out of convenience, or just move on to the next dealer.
Old 22-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #3689

7-Eleven cashier will print out a receipt with the PIN on it, you just have to dial the code to do the top-up:

*111*16-digit PIN on the receipt# followed by CALL button.

Example *111*1234123412341234# CALL

Those shops either doing the top-up for you or selling you the top-up voucher mostly won't ask you to do more (you're not buying a new SIM pack), RM5 should be the minimum allowed, unless they don't stock the RM5 vouchers or trying to earn more, just move to the next shop.
Thanks again Habrosus .
Done the topup RM5 at Hotlink booth opp Komta along Jalan Wong Ah Fook. Shop owner very kind to help me top up and even use his wifi so that I can use hotlink app to buy 1 day data plan. Very cheap RM3 1GB per day.
Habrosus likes this.
mercury95sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #3690
Supremacy Member

You're welcome, and good to know that you've found a very helpful dealer.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.