HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #3766
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to share the confirmation that when I did a RM10 top-up, the validity of my OneXOX card got extended by 10 days from the previous one.

I think this is the only SIM card that extends the validity from the longest (stacks), rather than others that extend from the date of reload itself...?
Did you buy it from the hwz dealer?

Now very tempted by the u mobile postpaid plan. But not sure am I eligible and how is the 4g roaming speed...
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #3767
Supremacy Member

So fast use up your current credit ?! OR you top up more just to try their data plan ?
Haven't actually seen a reason to use it yet, since the daily data package looks higher than the other cards I have. Plus I can't remember if the data subscriptions auto-renew ... Any idea?

(Edit: Tracked back and seems only monthly packages will auto-renew. )

Yup, just decided to use up the 7-Eleven reload receipts I bought previously, to see if it really stacks as I was told.

Did you buy it from the hwz dealer?

Now very tempted by the u mobile postpaid plan. But not sure am I eligible and how is the 4g roaming speed...
Buy which, the reload or SIM pack? The reload receipts from 7-Eleven in JB Sentral, the SIM pack from a friend who got it from the OneXOX dealer here.

I've actually looked at getting a postpaid SIM sometime back, but it didn't happen. Let us know how the eligibility issue turn out, if you decide to go for it.
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 26-07-2016 at 09:45 AM..
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #3768

hi guys, may i know where can i buy msia prepaid data sim card in sg?

gonna have a short trip to malacca
wanabfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #3769
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haven't actually seen a reason to use it yet, since the daily data package looks higher than the other cards I have. Plus I can't remember if the data subscriptions auto-renew ... Any idea?

(Edit: Tracked back and seems only monthly packages will auto-renew. )

Yup, just decided to use up the 7-Eleven reload receipts I bought previously, to see if it really stacks as I was told.

Buy which, the reload or SIM pack? The reload receipts from 7-Eleven in JB Sentral, the SIM pack from a friend who got it from the OneXOX dealer here.

I've actually looked at getting a postpaid SIM sometime back, but it didn't happen. Let us know how the eligibility issue turn out, if you decide to go for it.
Ya. Emailed u mobile. No reply yet... Rm98 for 30gb can roam to sg with 4g is good. Not sure of the speed though. .

Anyone tried u mobile prepaid roaming to sg? Is it fast?
Old 26-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #3770
Arch-Supremacy Member

Find the xox dealer in hwz?
Old 26-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #3771

do consider starhub happy. a $8 card can give you up to 2Gb for 6 days.
what88 likes this.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #3772
Supremacy Member

Use and throw, or for keeping?

Use and throw, free data with a little planning, Maxis Hotlink Fast but get from JB City Square and start using during your journey, or from Melaka Mahkota Parade when you get there.

To use for this trip and want to keep for subsequent ones, get from here, look for the OneXOX dealer in the Travel Bazaar here. (PM me if you need the link)

M1 as well as Starhub's prepaid cards allow you to use the existing data over in Malaysia (and a few other countries), so you may consider these too.
osirisis, what88 and kitkat2 like this.
Old 27-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #3773

Hey guys! Appreciate ur help, i think i will find the xox dealer
Habrosus likes this.
wanabfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #3774
Supremacy Member

Ya. Emailed u mobile. No reply yet... Rm98 for 30gb can roam to sg with 4g is good. Not sure of the speed though. .

Anyone tried u mobile prepaid roaming to sg? Is it fast?
Googled on foreigners' eligibility and results only show Celcom's (saying RM100 upon registration) but couldn't find anything in the link given - too many things listed.

My old U Mobile prepaid SIM has been going into constant snooze mode since it wouldn't cooperate with me too often. Have not tried data roaming as I'm not a fan of SH (UM's partner) network either. Can't help you there...
Old 27-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #3775
Supremacy Member

My Latest (Lazy) Setup for Quick JB Trip

In a secondary dual-SIM phone, I've set up an M Card (M1's prepaid) in Slot 1 for data, and a OneXOX in Slot 2.

Now M Card allows you to use your existing local data bundles not just in Malaysia and Indonesia, but also in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, at no additional cost!

Have tried using the data on a previous trip and everything went A-OK. (I got my M Card free using my Citibank M1 credit card accumulated points, that I previously didn't know existed. )

For calls over in Malaysia, I'll use the OneXOX since it also has cheaper calls within the 10 Friends & Family list. I've also used this line to register for Grab, in case the drivers want to contact me.

Since the OneXOX has such a long expiry date (28-month for RM10 reload promotion until end-September, plus the expiry will be extended further with any reload - stackable 1 day for RM1), I'll only have to keep an eye on the M Card. (No joy.)

When the mood/need arises, I may also activate a data package with the OneXOX card.

Playing-with-cards continues...
what88 likes this.
Old 27-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #3776

In a secondary dual-SIM phone, I've set up an M Card (M1's prepaid) in Slot 1 for data, and a OneXOX in Slot 2.

Now M Card allows you to use your existing local data bundles not just in Malaysia and Indonesia, but also in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, at no additional cost!

Have tried using the data on a previous trip and everything went A-OK. (I got my M Card free using my Citibank M1 credit card accumulated points, that I previously didn't know existed. )

For calls over in Malaysia, I'll use the OneXOX since it also has cheaper calls within the 10 Friends & Family list. I've also used this line to register for Grab, in case the drivers want to contact me.

Since the OneXOX has such a long expiry date (28-month for RM10 reload promotion until end-September, plus the expiry will be extended further with any reload - stackable 1 day for RM1), I'll only have to keep an eye on the M Card. (No joy.)

When the mood/need arises, I may also activate a data package with the OneXOX card.

Playing-with-cards continues...

thought you have many other malaysia sim card

what dual-SIM phone you use as sim 2 is 2G mostly?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #3777
Supremacy Member

thought you have many other malaysia sim card

what dual-SIM phone you use as sim 2 is 2G mostly?
Yes I do, thus the word "secondary phone". This is just a setup I'm playing with, to see if it can work long term. Got to cut down and concentrate only on a few eventually.

As a suggestion, some people might find this feasible for their usage pattern.

Until they finally do away with 2G completely, slot 2 can still be switched to use 3G if required.
what88 likes this.
Old 27-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #3778
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I do, thus the word "secondary phone". This is just a setup I'm playing with, to see if it can work long term. Got to cut down and concentrate only on a few eventually.

Until they finally do away with 2G completely, slot 2 can still be switched to use 3G if required.
I am using a similar setup except that sim 1 is hotlink tablet plan and sim 2 is hotlink old plan.

Set sim 1 on data and sim 2 will only get 2g.

Do take note that this setup will only work till april 2017 as 2g will be discontinued in singapore.

Which means your onexox on voice sim will not have reception in sg but ok in my.

That is unless you use either a xiaomi mi 5 or mi max by then.(currently available phones which supports 4g+3g.)
Habrosus likes this.
Old 27-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #3779

Hey guys! Appreciate ur help, i think i will find the xox dealer
xox 1.5gb costs rm28 + 6% GST for singaporeans, and not counting sim card price.
starhub happy 2gb costs $8.

eawtan likes this.

Last edited by kitkat2; 27-07-2016 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: add gst
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #3780

how can sim 2 be switch to 3G if sim 1 is using 4G or 3G so sim 2 will be only 2G

unless is the latest certail dual sim model phone which support 4G+3G

even the latest samsung S7 is 4G+2G if not wrong
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.