HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2016, 12:34 AM   #3796
Master Member

Going penang for 3 days, want to get a sim card and use as hotspot with my XM spare phone. Should I get it at their airport or should I purchase in SG? Just require at least 2gb for the 3 days.
storm913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #3797
Supremacy Member

Going penang for 3 days, want to get a sim card and use as hotspot with my XM spare phone. Should I get it at their airport or should I purchase in SG? Just require at least 2gb for the 3 days.
You can get it at Penang airport when you reach, but I believe those are dealers and there's a chance you'll have to pay more than the published price for one reason or other.

The only one, as far as I know, that you can get here in SG, brand new SIM pack and registered in your name is the OneXOX which is an MNVO riding on Celcom network. There's a dealer in the Travel Bazaar here in HWZ.

Or you can make an effort to head to JB City Square which is within short walking distance from JB CIQ to get the Hotlink Fast at published price of RM10. Or the Maxis shop in Sutera Mall too, though further up after Bukit Indah.

With the Hotlink Fast, you'll be able to get your data needs FOC if at least 1 of those 3 days falls on a weekend.

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #3798
Supremacy Member

Beside what Habrosus have mentioned, you can also get this Hotlink Fast SIM from Perangin Mall @ Georgetown Penang if you are going to stay there.

Don't forget to download their Hitlink Redapp to get extra 1Gb free for 3 days use.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #3799
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Depends when you go. Maxis giving free 1GB on each sat and sun of the month till end of the year. Also 3 ringgit for 1GB per day.

However if you are staying to the tourist spots, Umobile presently has the fastest service there.

See what you need.
what88 likes this.

Last edited by AS1; 04-08-2016 at 10:13 AM..
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #3800
Arch-Supremacy Member

My hotlink is not the #fast 1. So no free data and no rm 3 for 1gb...
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:02 AM   #3801
Master Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Is there any cards I can get it in SG and activate easily here before going? That should save the hassle of queuing at the Airport and trying to activate it with some complicated steps?

I have seen people talking about Starhub Happy Card. Can I actually use that there?
Old 05-08-2016, 04:54 AM   #3802
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Is there any cards I can get it in SG and activate easily here before going? That should save the hassle of queuing at the Airport and trying to activate it with some complicated steps?

I have seen people talking about Starhub Happy Card. Can I actually use that there?
Xox Malaysia prepaid can be purchased in Singapore.

Tron mobile can be delivered to Singapore if i did not remember wrongly.

Yes, starhub and m1 prepaid can data risk there at local rates. But data stored will be throttled...
Old 05-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #3803
Master Member

Xox Malaysia prepaid can be purchased in Singapore.

Tron mobile can be delivered to Singapore if i did not remember wrongly.

Yes, starhub and m1 prepaid can data risk there at local rates. But data stored will be throttled...
I see, because I'm heading in a few days time, doubt there's time to get locally then. Shall get one at the airport, hopefully it will be smooth transaction.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #3804
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see, because I'm heading in a few days time, doubt there's time to get locally then. Shall get one at the airport, hopefully it will be smooth transaction.
It all depends on the queue at the airport...
Old 05-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #3805

if you want XOX or Tron..

hwz have local seller here

if you want any other, can get from JB
steven168z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #3806
Supremacy Member

If you really want the OneXOX before you leave, contact the dealer in the Travel Bazaar. His online shop is with Shopee, but I believe you can contact him directly for a quick transaction.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #3807
Master Member

If you really want the OneXOX before you leave, contact the dealer in the Travel Bazaar. His online shop is with Shopee, but I believe you can contact him directly for a quick transaction.
Thanks to all, will give it a look

Habrosus and what88 like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #3808
Supremacy Member

Reload Vouchers in Sutera Mall

If anyone happens to be in Sutera Mall hunting for reload vouchers, just to share that apart from the respective dealer shops (Maxis, Celcom, Digi, and U Mobile), other places include:

- Aeon Big's cashiers, even the one located in the electrical appliances department. I got a couple of OneXOX vouchers from them.

- Digi shop on the top(?) floor stocks a good variety of reload vouchers even from the other telcos. Friend got a RM5 reload voucher from them, when Maxis only had minimum RM10 ones.
LobsterX and what88 like this.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:20 AM   #3809
Supremacy Member

you could have just purchased the reload vouchers online at www.e-pay.com.my.
orlengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #3810
Supremacy Member

Season Pass (Shareable) Now Available for OneXOX

Season Pass - with Unlimited Sharing - is now available for OneXOX

I'm still quite new to this, so just sharing info that I know of. I'll not be responsible for accuracy, though.

The beauty of the Season Pass is that the validity is as long as that of your OneXOX account. So again, your SIM card validity will be extended when you top-up your credit balance in order to subscribe to an SP package.

From the link above, you'll see that there are different packages to choose from, either voice, data, or a combo of voice + data. Let's just look at data packages here, since I can't imagine anyone of us being visitors will need that many minutes of calls from the voice packages.

1) Choose which data package you want to subscribe. The steps are there in the link. I believe we can subscribe to multiple packages, and they'll just be added to the account.
(Note: If you've made a Credit Balance inquiry on your account recently, you'll notice additional lines on the bottom which appeared after Season Pass was made available to OneXOX.)

2) If you want to share your SP package, follow the steps given in the link, near the bottom of the page.

3) If you want to use the data for yourself, just do a regular data subscription and it'll be deducted from your Season Pass.
(Note: I got this info from someone, unverified on my side.)

Above is from what I understood so far.
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.