HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2002Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #3811
Arch-Supremacy Member

you could have just purchased the reload vouchers online at www.e-pay.com.my.
Yup. Normally i top up via this method.
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #3812
Supremacy Member

Season Pass - with Unlimited Sharing - is now available for OneXOX

I'm still quite new to this, so just sharing info that I know of. I'll not be responsible for accuracy, though.

The beauty of the Season Pass is that the validity is as long as that of your OneXOX account. So again, your SIM card validity will be extended when you top-up your credit balance in order to subscribe to an SP package.

From the link above, you'll see that there are different packages to choose from, either voice, data, or a combo of voice + data. Let's just look at data packages here, since I can't imagine anyone of us being visitors will need that many minutes of calls from the voice packages.

1) Choose which data package you want to subscribe. The steps are there in the link. I believe we can subscribe to multiple packages, and they'll just be added to the account.
(Note: If you've made a Credit Balance inquiry on your account recently, you'll notice additional lines on the bottom which appeared after Season Pass was made available to OneXOX.)

2) If you want to share your SP package, follow the steps given in the link, near the bottom of the page.

3) If you want to use the data for yourself, just do a regular data subscription and it'll be deducted from your Season Pass.
(Note: I got this info from someone, unverified on my side.)

Above is from what I understood so far.
Roughly it will be around RM14~15.5 per 1 GB.

If can stack then 2 x SP D1 is more bang for the buck..
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #3813

Some questions about the ONEXOX plan

1)If I purchase the card and topup another with RM 10 within 24hrs of activation the card is active for 28mths. How about after the this 28mths how much does it cost to stay active etc?

2)Is XOX is riding on Celcom network?

3) Other than one HWZ dealer selling for $12 any other place I can buy the SIM as I see the nearest dealer from website should be the ones at Skudai or Masai

In fact my application is only for data which and I need 365days active if possible but I dont mind topping up every 90days or so without incuring too much cost.
Hotlink Tablet plan will be good but I think it is no longer available.

Thanks

Last edited by Maserati; 07-08-2016 at 06:07 PM..
Maserati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #3814
Supremacy Member

1)If I purchase the card and topup another with RM 10 within 24hrs of activation the card is active for 28mths. How about after the this 28mths how much does it cost to stay active etc?

3) Other than one HWZ dealer selling for $12 any other place I can buy the SIM as I see the nearest dealer from website should be the ones at Skudai or Masai

In fact my application is only for data which and I need 365days active if possible but I dont mind topping up every 90days or so without incuring too much cost.

Thanks
1) I believe OneXOX has not been in the market long enough for anyone to be nearly the end of their 28-month validity. There's still no news on whether extended validity will be available to OneXOX later.

2) Yes

3) Someone shared in this thread not long ago that he got his OneXOX from the mall where Giant Hypermart Plentong is. Can do a quick search to look for info.

Oh, so Hotlink confirmed that Tablet Plan is no longer available! Oops!

Offhand, have you looked at what OneXOX can offer you with their recently-available Season Pass? The pass that you subscribe to will be valid as long as your account.

Last edited by Habrosus; 07-08-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #3815

Yes I am after the season pass for data. Seems suitable for my needs.
Habrosus likes this.
Maserati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:31 PM   #3816
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks
Wa seh. Looks like i have to cherish my tablet plan...
Old 07-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #3817
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Wa seh. Looks like i have to cherish my tablet plan...
Thought i needed tablet plan but Hotlink Fast has been very good with option for voice/sms service bundle with data. Thanks to its 3mth inactive mode and working app, pretty easy to keep it alive for another 3 mth using 5 ringgit.

Worst case scenario is can pay people directly to sos transfer credit to your sim if no shop selling and the person got use the app.

Last edited by AS1; 07-08-2016 at 11:05 PM..
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 PM   #3818
Supremacy Member

Thought i needed tablet plan but Hotlink Fast has been very good with option for voice/sms service bundle with data. Thanks to its 3mth inactive mode and working app, pretty easy to keep it alive for another 3 mth using 5 ringgit.

Worst case scenario is can pay people directly to sos transfer credit to your sim if no shop selling and the person got use the app.
How does the 3-month come about, when the grace period for Hotlink Fast is only 50 days? What's your strategy?
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:01 AM   #3819
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can always go epay and get a rm5 top up code...
Old 08-08-2016, 12:31 AM   #3820
AS1
High Supremacy Member

You can always go epay and get a rm5 top up code...
provided got internet access there. just in case, always kept a 5 ringgit ticket in my wallet to avoid worst case scenario.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #3821
Arch-Supremacy Member

provided got internet access there. just in case, always kept a 5 ringgit ticket in my wallet to avoid worst case scenario.
You can always buy it when you are in sg. Since hotlink got roaming you can top up while in sg as well...
Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #3822
AS1
High Supremacy Member

You can always buy it when you are in sg. Since hotlink got roaming you can top up while in sg as well...
Provided we are in sg and not in the middle of somewhere in malaysia. Johor itself is pretty massive. The habit of keeping reload tickets have come in handy so far.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #3823

Thanks
There are only certain stores that have the tablet plan, check out the stores below (seems like johor no more):
maxis website /en/personal/plans/postpaid-plans/tablet-plan.html

Last month when I was in Penang queensbay mall still can see the tablet plan selling, it is green/white colour and hanging on the wall with other accessories (not with the red hotlink sim starter pack).
hexenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #3824

Provided we are in sg and not in the middle of somewhere in malaysia. Johor itself is pretty massive. The habit of keeping reload tickets have come in handy so far.
Me too, I also like to keep the rm$5 reload code with me when I want to reload. It has 2 years expiry date, so normally I buy 10 pcs rm$5 reload code in one go (from 7-11). I also use Hasbrosus method, take a photo and keep in the phone memory. If code used just use phone app to paint colours over it.
Habrosus likes this.
hexenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #3825
Arch-Supremacy Member

Erm fyi, when you top up via epay, what you will be getting is an email with the top up code. You can use it to top up via sms/app anytime you want...

I can't seem to understand your concern...
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.