HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2002Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #3826
Supremacy Member

Me too, I also like to keep the rm$5 reload code with me when I want to reload. It has 2 years expiry date, so normally I buy 10 pcs rm$5 reload code in one go (from 7-11). I also use Hasbrosus method, take a photo and keep in the phone memory. If code used just use phone app to paint colours over it.

Actually if you can get to pick up the scratch-to-reveal Hotlink top-up vouchers from the dealer shops, expiry date is easily YR2021.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #3827

Hey guys,

Read up about the hotlink 5rm sim card.

1) i travel to jb once every month. Only thing I need is data for uber and grab. Is this the sim card recommended for my usage?

2) where can I get this sim card without additional top-ups?
ruixiang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #3828

1 question on onexox :

I google search "onexox 28 months" and use translate and saw that 28 months validity will only be valid for rm$50 reload in new sim. How come the dealer here can have 28 months validity with S$12 (=rm$36 only) ?

EXTENSION OF VALIDITY 28 MONTHS FREE ON STARTER PACK numbered

Terms & conditions:

1. The offer is effective immediately for all new starter pack subscription activation numbered starting from 1st November 2014.

2. Customers MUST create added value with denominations of RM50 and above at once at any time within 30 days after SIM activation to qualify for this offer.

3. Collection reload with any denomination will not be eligible for this offer.

4. Subscription expiration date for the offer will be updated on the display of your balance within 2 weeks after the reload denomination RM50 and above at once.
hexenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #3829
Supremacy Member

Hey guys,

Read up about the hotlink 5rm sim card.

1) i travel to jb once every month. Only thing I need is data for uber and grab. Is this the sim card recommended for my usage?

2) where can I get this sim card without additional top-ups?
AFAIK, there's no new Hotlink SIM pack that costs only RM5.

If you're referring to the Hotlink Fast, 2 places that I know where you can get it at the published rate of RM10, are the Maxis shops in City Square and Sutera Mall.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #3830
Supremacy Member

1 question on onexox :

I google search "onexox 28 months" and use translate and saw that 28 months validity will only be valid for rm$50 reload in new sim. How come the dealer here can have 28 months validity with S$12 (=rm$36 only) ?

EXTENSION OF VALIDITY 28 MONTHS FREE ON STARTER PACK numbered

Terms & conditions:

1. The offer is effective immediately for all new starter pack subscription activation numbered starting from 1st November 2014.

2. Customers MUST create added value with denominations of RM50 and above at once at any time within 30 days after SIM activation to qualify for this offer.

3. Collection reload with any denomination will not be eligible for this offer.

4. Subscription expiration date for the offer will be updated on the display of your balance within 2 weeks after the reload denomination RM50 and above at once.
The RM50 reload for 28-month extension is an ongoing feature, while RM10 reload is a limited-period promotion.

That is, if you miss this promotion but still want the 28-month validity extension, you'll have to top up the minimum of RM50 to get it.

Last edited by Habrosus; 09-08-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #3831

The RM50 reload for 28-month extension is an ongoing feature, while RM10 reload is a limited-period promotion.

That is, if you miss this promotion but still want the 28-month validity extension, you'll have to top up the minimum of RM50 to get it.
Understood. Thanks bro.
Habrosus likes this.
hexenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #3832
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi there,

i am looking for a malaysia prepaid card..
the cheapest will do.. under 1 gb also can..
only need to look at maps.. grab car or cab.
and now.. need for pokemon go..

which card should i be looking at ? and where would i be able to get it? cs?
Old 10-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #3833
Supremacy Member

hi there,

i am looking for a malaysia prepaid card..
the cheapest will do.. under 1 gb also can..
only need to look at maps.. grab car or cab.
and now.. need for pokemon go..

which card should i be looking at ? and where would i be able to get it? cs?
Hotlink Fast from JB City Square.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #3834
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hotlink Fast from JB City Square.
so i just go city square i will find it?
Old 10-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #3835
Supremacy Member

so i just go city square i will find it?
Maxis Shop in JB City Square, RM10 for Hotlink Fast.

If you happen to be in Sutera Mall, a friend bought it from the Maxis shop there at RM10 too.
LobsterX likes this.
Old 13-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #3836
Supremacy Member

I've been wondering...

- Season Pass with packages that let you purchase and use over the course of the validity of your card. >>> Don't have to worry that much about having enough credit each time we want to head over.

- 28-month validity with a mere top-up of RM10. >>> Longest validity at such an affordable rate.

- Any subsequent top-up extends the validity even further. >>> Only card that does this.

- Now they're even allowing extended validity. >>> At prices lower than the other existing cards.

What not to like about OneXOX? Except maybe it being an MVNO...

No, I'm not selling or affiliated to any dealers. Am doing housekeeping on my prepaid card "collection" so looking at the various pros and cons.

Have not actually had a chance to use my card, but if the experience is anywhere as good as TuneTalk (another MVNO riding on Celcom network), this is definitely going into the "Keep" list.
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 13-08-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Old 13-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #3837
Supremacy Member

I've been wondering...

- Season Pass with packages that let you purchase and use over the course of the validity of your card. >>> Don't have to worry that much about having enough credit each time we want to head over.

- 28-month validity with a mere top-up of RM10. >>> Longest validity at such an affordable rate.

- Any subsequent top-up extends the validity even further. >>> Only card that does this.

- Now they're even allowing extended validity. >>> At prices lower than the other existing cards.

What not to like about OneXOX? Except maybe it being an MVNO...

No, I'm not selling or affiliated to any dealers. Am doing housekeeping on my prepaid card "collection" so looking at the various pros and cons.

Have not actually had a chance to use my card, but if the experience is anywhere as good as TuneTalk (another MVNO riding on Celcom network), this is definitely going into the "Keep" list.
I am quite happy with TuneTalk internet connection, so far so good. Got free 1.5GB data from RM50 (valid for 30 days), speed wise like surfing net like in Singapore.

DIGI basic is good enough to whatsapp only.

Wonder if OneXOX is as good as TuneTalk.

Last edited by what88; 13-08-2016 at 09:05 PM..
what88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #3838

DIGI basic is good enough to whatsapp only.
digi now has a new pokemon promo that gives you 300mb daily for just rm1.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #3839
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Similar to hotlink rm3 for 1gb promo. Just that Digi faster to link it to pokemon.
kitkat2 likes this.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #3840
Supremacy Member

Yup, saw that.

But no idea how to stop the plan after 1 day use.
what88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.