HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1997Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #3871
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, traveling to KL.
I am looking for a 4G data SIM card that would work with a mobile router.
What should I kind of card should I get?
Anyway to get it in Singapore before heading to Malaysia via coach (so that can surf on the coach )

Thanks!
Xox lor.....
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #3872

Hi all, traveling to KL.
Anyway to get it in Singapore before heading to Malaysia via coach (so that can surf on the coach )

Thanks!

1) going for how long?
2) mode of transport?
3) data consumption? [what you using for]

http://MyBitcoinJob.com/?id=LobsterX
LobsterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 08:58 AM   #3873
Supremacy Member

Hi all, traveling to KL.

Thanks!
OneXOX, if you want to get it registered and activated for you without leaving SG. There's a dealer in the Travel Bazaar here.

If you're willing to spend a few hours before your trip to head into JB, you can get the Hotlink Fast SIM pack from the Maxis shop in City Square Mall, which is within short walking distance from the JB CIQ building.
LobsterX likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #3874
Supremacy Member

DiGi Prepaid Best

Just to update/share:

I was at City Square the other day and decided to pop into the DiGi shop to check their price for the latest DiGi Prepaid Best (this is the plan after DiGi Best Prepaid v2). The only Malaysia prepaid plan that comes with Free Basic Internet and also the option to subscribe to validity extension (DiGi's Super Long Life).

Was quoted RM38 for the SIM pack, with preloaded 2GB data (limited time validity) and credit balance unchanged at RM5.

Prior to this, my last check was the DiGi Best Prepaid v4 from this as well as the shop in KSL City Mall. Then there's only a compulsory top-up of RM15 or RM20, which goes into the credit balance to be used whichever way we want.

Basic SIM pack can be bought at RM8 if one heads to a DiGi Center. Nearest from JB CIQ is the one at Danga Bay.
what88 likes this.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #3875

Just to update/share:

Was quoted RM38 for the SIM pack, with preloaded 2GB data (limited time validity) and credit balance unchanged at RM5.
basically, rm8 for the card and a forced topup of rm30 which is used to purchase 2gb data bundle.

it seems their appetite is growing bigger and bigger and then again what is rm30 to singaporeans after you divide by 3
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #3876

very suprised to find convenience stores like mynews and newsplus now carry digi. only digi live is available. this version is expensive for calls and sms but not too bad for data use. rm12 sim pack comes with 300mb preloaded and rm8 credit. by buying the pokemon data plan, rm8 gives you 8x300mb = 2.4gb! 7 days validity. seems to be a better use and throw alternative to hotlink.

what88 likes this.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #3877
High Supremacy Member

Arrow

OneXOX now can extend

6 months RM18
12 months RM25

6 Months Validity Extension: Key in VALID< space >6 and send to 22111 (For ONEXOX); Or 28899 (For other prepaid)
12 Months Validity Extension: Key in VALID< space >12 and send to 22111 (For ONEXOX; Or 28899 (For other prepaid)

http://www.xox.com.my/support/user-guide/#validity
Habrosus and what88 like this.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 AM   #3878
Supremacy Member

OneXOX now can extend

6 months RM18
12 months RM25

6 Months Validity Extension: Key in VALID< space >6 and send to 22111 (For ONEXOX); Or 28899 (For other prepaid)
12 Months Validity Extension: Key in VALID< space >12 and send to 22111 (For ONEXOX; Or 28899 (For other prepaid)

http://www.xox.com.my/support/user-guide/#validity
Actually happened like 3 weeks back already, just that I didn't mention the prices. Was listing its plus points while wondering why this prepaid (MVNO) card hasn't really picked up over this side of the causeway.

I'll most probably let a spare XPAX24 card expire (2017) off, and keep the main one for keepsake.

If only OneXOX has an official app for easier management, that will be great.
xtemujin and what88 like this.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 AM   #3879
Supremacy Member

basically, rm8 for the card and a forced topup of rm30 which is used to purchase 2gb data bundle.
I'd rather they leave the RM30 compulsory top-up in there to let us decide what we want to subscribe and use.

very suprised to find convenience stores like mynews and newsplus now carry digi. only digi live is available. this version is expensive for calls and sms but not too bad for data use. rm12 sim pack comes with 300mb preloaded and rm8 credit. by buying the pokemon data plan, rm8 gives you 8x300mb = 2.4gb! 7 days validity. seems to be a better use and throw alternative to hotlink.
Not really surprising IMO, since 7-Eleven outlets have been selling U Mobile cards all this while, and I bought my Hotlink pack from a convenience store which had a couple of other telco prepaids back then too.

They're having a Merdeka special with this DiGi Live pack, giving away FOC with RM10 reload.

Pretty desperate moves to push this version, from what I see.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #3880
High Supremacy Member

Arrow

I've tried the Myxox app and it works.

However, the app must download from apk site.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #3881
Supremacy Member

Tried for a bit but uninstalled since it's not an official app.

Are these really safe to use?
Old 04-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #3882
High Supremacy Member

Arrow

If you're uneasy about it, just download from Google Play when you are using your OneXOX sim card.

Habrosus likes this.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #3883

Not really surprising IMO, since 7-Eleven outlets have been selling U Mobile cards all this while, and I bought my Hotlink pack from a convenience store which had a couple of other telco prepaids back then too.
7-11 and umobile belong to the same owner. i would exclude umobile from consideration. previously you could not get hotlink or digi from the mainstream convenience store chains in malaysia. mostly mnvo's.

whether the push for digi live is out of desperations or not, it doesnt matter to us. the important thing is that it offers singaporeans cheap (rm4.44 per gb) and easy access to data when in malaysia

Last edited by kitkat2; 04-09-2016 at 02:09 PM..
Old 04-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #3884
Supremacy Member

It is the official app . you can look at the publisher... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.mobile&hl=en

The reason why u cant download it directly from play is due to your network and country setting. I believe they restrict it to malaysia playstore only ..
Downloading directly from websites like apkpure bypass this limitation
Habrosus likes this.
orlengtao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:20 AM   #3885
Supremacy Member

It is the official app . you can look at the publisher... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.mobile&hl=en

The reason why u cant download it directly from play is due to your network and country setting. I believe they restrict it to malaysia playstore only ..
Downloading directly from websites like apkpure bypass this limitation
Thanks, guys, that's the one I want. Got it installed and using now.
xtemujin likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.