HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1982Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #4246
Supremacy Member

where can I buy prepaid card at city sq area ?
Depends what you want, telco prepaid dealers all over the place from JB CIQ all the way to City Square.

In JB CIQ (DiGi), just before and after JB Sentral (ground level) Hotlink, in JB Sentral DiGi, Hotlink, and I think U Mobile, in City Square all 4 main telco dealers, Komtar JBCC Hotlink and U Mobile, petrol kiosk (Caltex?) across the road U Mobile. More if you step out of City Square on the Jalan Wong Ah Fook side.

If not fussy, I'd just go for the suggested DiGi Best in JB Sentral. Or Hotlink in City Square if their system is up and price still the same RM10.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #4247
Master Member

How come the shops all say 10RM is without data? If need data add 30RM?
neanea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #4248
Arch-Supremacy Member

many malaysians on celcom postpaid have been slapped with rm38 charge for wonderoam when their phones connect foreign network even though data roaming was never switched on on their phones. even celcom users who live in jb are not spared. i hope you didnt lose as much as rm38

there are many more dirty tricks malaysian telcos employ to make your money disappear.

one of them is voicemail that is enabled by default by most, if not all telcos. if you use your malaysian number abroad, even briefly to check balance or receive sms, the telco will detect and remember your last location. after you switch off your phone and if you get an incoming call, be it spam or legitimate, it will go into voicemail and you will be charged airtime for incoming roaming call based on last detected country.

imagine a scenario like this. a malaysian on a tour to japan turn on his phone briefly to receive tac. upon his return home, he forgot to switch on his phone. his friends tried to call him frantically but got voicemail. the poor guy gets massive roaming charges for call rates to japan even he is back in malaysia

also, hotlink auto subscribes you to their caller ringtune which costs rm3 per month. so beware!
I have asked hotlink to refund me the credits but they refused. They just play dirty and act blur when I told them I wasn't told about all these VAS when I bought the card.

What can I do now? Just let the card expire after 50 days and apply new card?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #4249
Supremacy Member

How come the shops all say 10RM is without data? If need data add 30RM?
What are "all the shops", which telco/cards did you check on?

Different cards have their own features/inclusive, also depends amount of data you need and weekdays/weekends.

I have asked hotlink to refund me the credits but they refused. They just play dirty and act blur when I told them I wasn't told about all these VAS when I bought the card.

Which VAS is your dispute for? Voicemail? If so, just get them to disable the voicemail on your card. Every new card comes with voicemail service, which you'll still need to get it disabled.
Old 22-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #4250

malaysian telcos are all dirty.

if you lost credits because of voicemail, they might refuse to refund. on digi and umobile, can you terminate voicemail via ussd, but on hotlink you need to contact customer service.

if it was crt, can you tweet customer service and ask them to disable and refund. many people reported success in getting their money back.

if it is convenient for you to get a new card, why not? every new card gives you free data 300mb + 1Gb. or you can consider getting digi while they still have the rm1 pokemon data plan.

whichever card you get, do remember not to keep too much credits in it.
what88 and rrr2015 like this.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #4251
Master Member

What are "all the shops", which telco/cards did you check on?

Different cards have their own features/inclusive, also depends amount of data you need and weekdays/weekends.
I have checked the 3 popular ones digi, u mobile, and one other which I cannot remember name. The cheapest is 10RM without data and add 30RM for data. These prepaid cards So expensive?
Old 22-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #4252

I have checked the 3 popular ones digi, u mobile, and one other which I cannot remember name. The cheapest is 10RM without data and add 30RM for data. These prepaid cards So expensive?
these cards come with money loaded in it and you can use the money to purchase data. on digi and hotlink, every new card comes with >1gb of free data, so there is no reason for you to add rm30 unless you are a heavy data user.

the websites are your friends. do go and read them.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #4253

Just bought a Hotlink 4G Fast prepaid card last friday at DangaBay Maxis shop. Cost RM10, comes w 300Mbyte (valid for 3or5 days) data and RM5 value in card. Need more data? just topup and buy e daily/weekly/monthy plans.

i've chk e same Hotlink 4G prepaid card at KSL/City sq, all quote me RM40 which includes RM5 value in card w 300Mbyte (valid for 3or5 days) and subscribed to 30day plan of 2G data.

Since Hotlink currently hav a promo of RM3 for 1Gbyte data for 1 day, so a no go for e weeky/monthy plan for me.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by edocmv; 22-11-2016 at 11:17 PM..
edocmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #4254

I've also been reading that DiGi has improved a lot on their 4G coverage too, and someone having good connection from it in Genting. Worth a try, I'd say, and by the way, the telco dealers there (I think there are still 2 around) are DiGi's.

Unless you need to surf from CIQ to Yong Peng (about an hour's coach ride), Yong Peng (that's the Happy Garden rest stop) is a good place to stop by. (Oh yes, I just spotted a DiGi dealer booth in Woodland's side of JB CIQ the other day, but not sure how the charges are like.)

If you really need a SIM card, OneXOX (riding on Celcom network) has a dealer here in our Travel Bazaar whom you can approach. Quite a number of us have got a card from him too.

But personally for Genting, I'd go for DiGi instead of Celcom.
For Genting, the shop at FW also has Hotlink Prepaid card, is Maxis Coverage good at Genting? Comparing Digi & Maxis which one is better?
vannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #4255
Master Member

these cards come with money loaded in it and you can use the money to purchase data. on digi and hotlink, every new card comes with >1gb of free data, so there is no reason for you to add rm30 unless you are a heavy data user.

the websites are your friends. do go and read them.

The sellers at city square tell me 10RM no data. How? Believe who?
Old 23-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #4256
Supremacy Member

Believe whoever you choose to, the freedom is yours.

kitkat2 has already suggested you check the websites to see what those cards come with, etc, but you're choosing to wonder who to believe?

How? You asked? I'd also say go check the websites. Since I've a little time to spare here... https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html

If you bother to go through the website for Hotlink given, you'll see that the basic/starter pack comes with some data valid for a certain number of days. It also comes with free weekend data, under certain conditions. Then if you download and activate the Hotlink Red app (scroll down the website), that will also give you some free data valid for a few days.

kitkat2 also mentioned that the included data are the free ones. Are you expecting the dealer to sit down and go through with you item by item what and how to get all these free data? Let us know if you manage to find such a dealer, I'm sure many will be interested to know too, since we all had to check these on our own so far.

AND, if you'd read edocmv's post before posting your latest, you'd have been able to see what a basic pack comes with, since he's got his from a Maxis Center. If you can't even trust Maxis/Hotlink, your best bet is still their website, then contact their CSO if you've any further doubt. Or ask us here AFTER you've gone through the website. But asking someone who's share information with you "who to believe"...

By the way, whenever Maxis Hotlink has any new updates say, to their plans or offers, they won't go through the trouble to inform all their customers. We're expected to check for updates on their website. I believe most of this is true for the rest of the telcos.
what88 and kitkat2 like this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 23-11-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Old 23-11-2016, 01:22 PM   #4257

The sellers want more of your money, naturally, they wont tell you about the free data. Do you believe us or sellers?
what88 likes this.
Old 23-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #4258
High Supremacy Member

Please refer to this link for more details, basically it will able clear all your queries.

https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite...i_prepaid_best

Anyway I will focus on the data part.

After activate your 'new' DIGI Prepaid Best, dial *888*1# to redeem free 300MB internet (valid for 7days), this will sufficient if you are light data user.

Beside that, you can download their DIGI app to another 1 GB data for free (only for newbie); please refer to this: https://new.digi.com.my/promotion/mydigi-newbie.

Or Make RM1 IDD calls and get 200MB Internet, wait for their SMS notification and then dial *888*1# within 24 hours of receiving this SMS.

This Prepaid Best SIM also come with basic internet for social messaging (64kbps speed capped @ 500MB/month) which will able you to whatsApp, wechat

Another key thing that need to look at is SIM Card Lifecycle

• Upon activation of a SIM card, the status of SIM card will be updated to Active state that will last for a 30-day period. Active state means a Subscriber is allowed to make outgoing and incoming calls or SMS or Internet access.
  • If there is no reload activities performed after the Active state and with credit balance available in the SIM card, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.
  • If during the Active state but before end of Active state validity period, a Subscriber has utilized all the credit balance, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.
  • Number of days given to a Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 75 days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless reload is performed.
  • Upon reaching 75 days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to Suspended (R2) whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.
  • Upon the following day of the Suspended state, the status of the SIM card will be changed to Terminated state and a Subscriber will not be able to obtain back the mobile number or any remaining credit balance or freebies in the SIM card.

HTH...
I bought the digi card 2 weeks ago and activate the 300mb free data. used for 1 day.
Can I activate the 1gb free data on the app for use next week or I have to purchase data using the rm5 loaded
laksa2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #4259
Arch-Supremacy Member

The sellers want more of your money, naturally, they wont tell you about the free data. Do you believe us or sellers?
Believe the sellers of course.

They say 1 time is more convincing than any of us (especially you and habrosus) kept repeating so many times...
what88 likes this.
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #4260
Supremacy Member

Believe the sellers of course.

They say 1 time is more convincing than any of us (especially you and habrosus) kept repeating so many times...
LOL....sellers earn $$ without give any advice and most of bros here give advice without earn anything.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.