HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1981Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2016, 12:17 AM   #4396
Supremacy Member

er, which other prepaid card can have 12 months validity with one time top up?
Tron, MVNO on DiGi network, minimum RM10 reload gets 12-monthly validity.

OneXOX, MVNO on Celcom network, RM10 top-up within 24 hours of activation gets 28-month validity. After this promo, you can still fall back on the other option of RM50 within the first month to get similar validity extension.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 12:21 AM   #4397
Supremacy Member

Yeah, last year was 500 MB at RM5 for one day.
As I hardly use that much data within a day's visit, I'd use my other cards like Hotlink or DiGi @RM3. Only really used the weekly package for longer trips to Melaka.
xtemujin likes this.
Old 16-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #4398
Supremacy Member

DiGi Prepaid Starter Pack with Compulsory Data Package

Has anyone here recently bought a DiGi Prepaid starter pack that included a monthly mobile internet package? Like being charged RM38 or more, and told that it's 1GB or so data in it, valid for a month?

I've been thinking, since DiGi MI packages are auto-renewable, are they chargeable after the first month if not cancelled? Or do these dealers have a "special" way of including "non-renewable data packages"?
Old 16-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #4399

U Mobile looks the cheapest RM8.5 for the card, plus top up RM10 for 1gb data for 1 month?
drgame871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #4400

Got my onexox from one seller here.
Also got the 3gb data season pass for rm30.
Hope can use long long

Now in jb. So far so gd
Will try out and feedback when drive up north nx week
xtemujin and Habrosus like this.
cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #4401
Arch-Supremacy Member

Has anyone here recently bought a DiGi Prepaid starter pack that included a monthly mobile internet package? Like being charged RM38 or more, and told that it's 1GB or so data in it, valid for a month?

I've been thinking, since DiGi MI packages are auto-renewable, are they chargeable after the first month if not cancelled? Or do these dealers have a "special" way of including "non-renewable data packages"?
Same. I also realized its auto renewed. However if ur sim card expires without topping up, the card is gone.

jumpmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #4402
Supremacy Member

Same. I also realized its auto renewed. However if ur sim card expires without topping up, the card is gone.
Right, so it does auto-renew, which I hope these dealers are informing their customers.

It's probably alright for those who don't use the card anymore, while those who decide to reactivate the card by topping up during the grace period, I guess their credit balance will disappear if it hits the particular data package price.
Old 16-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #4403
Arch-Supremacy Member

You've to refer back to that post, think was a couple of weeks back, about the JB Sentral booth. No, I've not approached them other than buying reload vouchers there.

I've only asked DiGi in City Square about DiGi Best few months back. Can't remember quoted RM38 or RM58 with 2GB(?) valid for a month.
I asked the indian booth. Think was around 10rm without internet

Now there is another pushcart right out of jb side chop passport
Habrosus likes this.
nasfieldjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #4404
Supremacy Member

I asked the indian booth. Think was around 10rm without internet

Now there is another pushcart right out of jb side chop passport
Someone mentioned the one in JB CIQ charges RM20, though not mentioned whether that's for DiGi Best or DiGi Live. At that price and location, I'd think it's no extra data nor credit.
Old 16-12-2016, 08:09 PM   #4405

Someone mentioned the one in JB CIQ charges RM20, though not mentioned whether that's for DiGi Best or DiGi Live. At that price and location, I'd think it's no extra data nor credit.
what is the different between DiGi Best or DiGi Live?

my friend go JB today and the person say no unlimited data addon.

he go buy Digi prepaid with bundle data which expire in 2mth, anyway those data he will mostly use finish during his coming trip. The sim card expire in feb 17

so how Digi has how many different plan?

anyway i happy with my Tron and OneXOX.

for XOX Android APK can get from here
https://apkpure.com/myxox/com.xox.mobile

you cannot find it in Singapore Play Store.
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #4406
Supremacy Member

what is the different between DiGi Best or DiGi Live?

my friend go JB today and the person say no unlimited data addon.

he go buy Digi prepaid with bundle data which expire in 2mth, anyway those data he will mostly use finish during his coming trip. The sim card expire in feb 17

so how Digi has how many different plan?

anyway i happy with my Tron and OneXOX.

for XOX Android APK can get from here
https://apkpure.com/myxox/com.xox.mobile

you cannot find it in Singapore Play Store.
DiGi Prepaid Plans
what88 likes this.
Old 16-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #4407

DiGi Prepaid Plans
i think he get Digi Prepaid BEST but he say he cannot find the addon uinlimited data from the apps.

not sure how the apps screen like.

from website i can find
http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons

does Digi Prepaid BEST able to roam in Singapore? does the USSD code work in Singapore?

i see RM28 for 7GB data after free 50% extra data

for the internet plan monthly is it auto renew monthly?

Last edited by steven168z; 16-12-2016 at 09:05 PM..
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #4408

U Mobile looks the cheapest RM8.5 for the card, plus top up RM10 for 1gb data for 1 month?
Just bought one of this last Sunday. Not quite sure how it works. But anyway, I was told there are RM15 inside, but can't recall what is that for, I believe is for calling and 1Gb for data usage. I also received a sms saying that the data reset will be on certain date (which is 1 month from my purchase date).

I am kind of confused. I asked for prepaid data card, counter staff told me this package has it. I was also told, topping up...

1. RM5 data reload for 1Gb for 5 days usage.
2. RM 10 data reload 1Gb for 10 days usage
3. RM100 data reload 1 GB for 100 days usage

1st time activation, I can use up to 10 days.

Could not make up what the staff said. But anyway, just try it out as that was the only store open that morning at Johor Jaya. In fact, wanted buy Digi (next shop) but was closed.

Anyone care to explain?
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #4409
Supremacy Member

Just bought one of this last Sunday. Not quite sure how it works. But anyway, I was told there are RM15 inside, but can't recall what is that for, I believe is for calling and 1Gb for data usage. I also received a sms saying that the data reset will be on certain date (which is 1 month from my purchase date).

I am kind of confused. I asked for prepaid data card, counter staff told me this package has it. I was also told, topping up...

1. RM5 data reload for 1Gb for 5 days usage.
2. RM 10 data reload 1Gb for 10 days usage
3. RM100 data reload 1 GB for 100 days usage

1st time activation, I can use up to 10 days.

Could not make up what the staff said. But anyway, just try it out as that was the only store open that morning at Johor Jaya. In fact, wanted buy Digi (next shop) but was closed.

Anyone care to explain?
U Mobile Prepaid

From what I can see after a quick glance at their website, there's a RM5 credit balance in a new SIM pack. You've topped up RM10, making the total credit balance RM15 which I believe has no restriction on how you want to use, and it also gave you 1GB of data valid for 1 month.

However, a newly-activated SIM card is valid for only 10 days, and if the validity doesn't stack, your RM10 has overlapped the existing one. Thus, you still have to keep the line active in order to use the data for the remaining 20 days.

You asked for a data-only card? I don't know if U Mobile has one, or maybe the dealer just want the easy way out since yes, there's data inside and you can ignore the rest of the features if you choose not to use them.

Not sure about the rest of what they told you, RM5 and RM100 reload. You might want to go through the website or contact their customer service.
Old 16-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #4410
Supremacy Member

IMO:

i think he get Digi Prepaid BEST but he say he cannot find the addon uinlimited data from the apps.
- Best way to find out what's going on is to be 100% sure which prepaid plan he's bought. He should have double-checked while at the dealer that anything that he's paid for is intact, that is the "additional?" data. I've no idea what "unlimited data" refers to.
not sure how the apps screen like.
Ask him to do a screenshot and send it to you. I'm not sure how you're expected to help him without knowing what he's exactly looking at.
from website i can find

does Digi Prepaid BEST able to roam in Singapore? does the USSD code work in Singapore?
Yes, for DiGi Prepaid Best, USSD codes work while roaming in Singapore. He can also use the app, or login from a browser.

i see RM28 for 7GB data after free 50% extra data

for the internet plan monthly is it auto renew monthly?
Normally yes, monthly data packages for DiGi will auto-renew. As for what he's got, please make a little more effort and refer to some discussions made earlier about these SIM cards that come with data. We're wondering about the auto-renewal too.

In conclusion, only the owner can see what exactly he has, then we can try to figure out what's going on. You mentioned that he couldn't see the add-on data in the app? It means he's already using the DiGi app... all info can be seen there - plan type, data, validity, etc.

Edit: Suggest getting your friend to either log onto his account online (browser), or use his DiGi app. Check the plan type, expiry, total and break-down of data available, etc. From there, will be able to figure out if there's indeed something missing.

Edit Again: With DiGi, you've to read the T&C and FAQ to get a better idea of what's going on with each plan - T&C for DiGi Prepaid Best

Last edited by Habrosus; 17-12-2016 at 08:26 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.