Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #5026
Supremacy Member

Hi all
My 1 year with hotlink has expired.
Can recommend me a good prepaid card as i go jb quire often. Currently hotlink is 3RM for 1gb data.
For 1 year i paid RM100plus for hotlink
The RM100plus includes Validity365 and your data usage?

You can consider OneXOX (an MVNO of Celcom). Can refer to the last few pages here for information (been described many times over), and when you're ready contact a SG-based dealer (there's one here in the Marketplace) to buy and ask for information if you've further queries.

OneXOX has 28-month validity and the the Happy Hour Season Pass offers its best data rate.

IMO, everything is good with OneXOX, just that the withdrawal of data for use will be perfect if it can be like that of the old Hotlink Tablet plan, just deduct-as-you-use instead of having to withdraw a set amount of data each time...
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #5027
Supremacy Member

The RM100plus includes Validity365 and your data usage?

You can consider OneXOX (an MVNO of Celcom). Can refer to the last few pages here for information (been described many times over), and when you're ready contact a SG-based dealer (there's one here in the Marketplace) to buy and ask for information if you've further queries.

OneXOX has 28-month validity and the the Happy Hour Season Pass offers its best data rate.

IMO, everything is good with OneXOX, just that the withdrawal of data for use will be perfect if it can be like that of the old Hotlink Tablet plan, just deduct-as-you-use instead of having to withdraw a set amount of data each time...
Just activate only i think. Inside got 30RM to use
galaxynote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #5028

Hi all
My 1 year with hotlink has expired.
Can recommend me a good prepaid card as i go jb quire often. Currently hotlink is 3RM for 1gb data.
For 1 year i paid RM100plus for hotlink
just topup rm5 every 55 days or less. you need to repeat that just 7 times in a year. not difficult at all since you go to jb often and 7x5 = rm35, so definitely you will need to topup more frequently since you used rm100.

why give rm35+ free money to malaysian telco for 1 year validity?

Last edited by kitkat2; 12-03-2017 at 02:04 PM..
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #5029
Supremacy Member

Hi. I m going to penang for 3 days, need some data and to call as well.

What is the cheapest sim card I can get and where can I get it from?

boontongkee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 01:07 AM   #5030
Supremacy Member

I'd go for Hotlink FAST:
For Penang, and only for those 4 days, Digi Prepaid Best should work or you can also consider Maxis Hotlink FAST, which is the more popular choice of Penangites I know.

Free 300MB with the new pack (though only valid for 2 days), free 1GB fast internet granted after Hotlink RED app download and login, RM3 for 1GB fast data daily package (if you really need that much), free weekend fast internet data (1GB each for Saturday and Sunday) if your trip crosses over that period...

For calls, they've "Free calls to 5 FRIENDZ".
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #5031
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't just think about 1 trip. Think about multiple trips in the future with long validity period, at least without the need and worry of topping up for the next 28 months for a start, and able to maintain the same prepaid card number for long period of time for future visits to Malaysia... Kekeke.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by kelvinti; 13-03-2017 at 01:54 AM..
kelvinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #5032

Don't just think about 1 trip. Think about multiple trips in the future with long validity period, at least without the need and worry of topping up for the next 28 months for a start, and able to maintain the same prepaid card number for long period of time for future visits to Malaysia... Kekeke.

It is cheaper to change prepaid card each time.

Expecially for those who don't need to maintain to contact using the same no.
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #5033
Arch-Supremacy Member

You have got the point too in that context too.
kelvinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #5034

definitely much cheaper. free data, no GST deductions for singaporeans, free 1st ride on uber and grab...
Old 13-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #5035

try to get your card from a convenience store to avoid from being forced to buy a large amount of data or topup. each new card comes with enough data and credits to last you your entire stay. there are a number of mynews stores at penang airport.

https://www.mynews.com.my/store-location/
Old 13-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #5036
AS1
High Supremacy Member

try to get your card from a convenience store to avoid from being forced to buy a large amount of data or topup. each new card comes with enough data and credits to last you your entire stay. there are a number of mynews stores at penang airport.

https://www.mynews.com.my/store-location/
My guess is people not sure how to activate the sim card so they rather go dealer to turn on first and then simply top up.
kelvinti likes this.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #5037

My guess is people not sure how to activate the sim card so they rather go dealer to turn on first and then simply top up.
activation is a no-brainer. malaysian prepaids are activated either upon registration (e.g umobile, hotlink) or upon first call (digi). there are also instructions on the cardboard holder.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #5038
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya! All depend on one's priority!

To me, I'm more towards convenience in a long run with the same number than saving that few RM...!
Habrosus likes this.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #5039

Ya! All depend on one's priority!

To me, I'm more towards convenience in a long run with the same number than saving that few RM...!
a stark contrast to the OP who asked for the cheapest
kelvinti likes this.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #5040
Arch-Supremacy Member

a stark contrast to the OP who asked for the cheapest
1 to 3.1. Closed one eye! Opened 2 legs lah!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.