HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2017, 02:19 AM   #5101
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whats a good Msia data sim card to recommend for someone who rarely goes Msia(but might go in Msia for the occasional road trip maybe once or twice a year or perhaps the random tip to JB) and wants a long expiry period?

The Hotlink Tablet SIM any good? Think it's RM45 topup for 365 days of 2gb of data? Initial cost is RM30 for 365 days of 1gb of data
WestGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #5102
Arch-Supremacy Member

how is the digi best reception inside the woodlands checkpoint? I think most likely buy digi best since it is recommended by most here.

i will be going into JB for day trips likely every sunday, and want to have data connection to keep myself occupied at checkpoint. thanks
Old 15-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #5103
Supremacy Member

I'm basically using OneXOX, Maxis Hotlink, and DiGi Best these days, no issue so far, even in/around City Square. Even used OneXOX whole day all the way to Batu Pahat and Muar on a recent trip, and all went well.

Whats a good Msia data sim card to recommend for someone who rarely goes Msia(but might go in Msia for the occasional road trip maybe once or twice a year or perhaps the random tip to JB) and wants a long expiry period?

The Hotlink Tablet SIM any good? Think it's RM45 topup for 365 days of 2gb of data? Initial cost is RM30 for 365 days of 1gb of data
Maxis has stopped offering the Hotlink Tablet (now changed to Hotlink Broadband for exisiting users) plan. Even when existing users pay RM45 to get the 2GB that valid for 365 days, the validity of the SIM card will still have to be maintained via reload, in order to have an active line to use the data.

I'd personally try OneXOX, unless you want to pay RM108 to keep a DiGi Best card active for 365 days and have the option to use the free basic internet @64kbps if/when you don't subscribe to any fast internet plan.

how is the digi best reception inside the woodlands checkpoint? I think most likely buy digi best since it is recommended by most here.

i will be going into JB for day trips likely every sunday, and want to have data connection to keep myself occupied at checkpoint. thanks
How long do you plan to stay at Woodlands Checkpoint? I thought locals don't take very long to clear immigration there?

If you mean JB CIQ, then I've used it to surf while in massive queues and it worked. I don't mean the free basic internet since I hardly have patience for that...
xtemujin likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #5104
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya same for me, reception is good throughout my trips to Malaysia (Johor area so far, not just jb). I just jump ship from DiGi aftet so many years.

Anyway enjoy your Genting trip, win more ar.
Thank you.....
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #5105
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm basically using OneXOX, Maxis Hotlink, and DiGi Best these days, no issue so far, even in/around City Square. Even used OneXOX whole day all the way to Batu Pahat and Muar on a recent trip, and all went well.

Maxis has stopped offering the Hotlink Tablet (now changed to Hotlink Broadband for exisiting users) plan. Even when existing users pay RM45 to get the 2GB that valid for 365 days, the validity of the SIM card will still have to be maintained via reload, in order to have an active line to use the data.

I'd personally try OneXOX, unless you want to pay RM108 to keep a DiGi Best card active for 365 days and have the option to use the free basic internet @64kbps if/when you don't subscribe to any fast internet plan.

How long do you plan to stay at Woodlands Checkpoint? I thought locals don't take very long to clear immigration there?

If you mean JB CIQ, then I've used it to surf while in massive queues and it worked. I don't mean the free basic internet since I hardly have patience for that...
ya i meant the JB CIQ...always get stuck there.
Is digi signal good there?
Old 15-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #5106
Supremacy Member

ya i meant the JB CIQ...always get stuck there.
Is digi signal good there?
"Good" is subjective... I'd say "can surf", on Chrome and stuff.

Think otherwise they wouldn't have allowed a DiGi booth to sit in the building, don't you agree?

Try it for yourself and see?
Old 15-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #5107
Arch-Supremacy Member

my gf paid 15rm for digi best with 5 rm credit.
can someone share how to use it to buy the data pack etc?
my gf doesnt know how to activate it.

thanks
Old 15-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #5108

thanks
a new digi best costs rm8 with rm5 credit.

have you visited www.digi.com.my? login into your account and see what are the data packs offered.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #5109
Arch-Supremacy Member

a new digi best costs rm8 with rm5 credit.

have you visited www.digi.com.my? login into your account and see what are the data packs offered.
well...she got ripped off. but o well, $2 in exchange for some time saved might not be that bad.
Old 15-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #5110
Supremacy Member

well...she got ripped off. but o well, $2 in exchange for some time saved might not be that bad.
Anyway starter pack come with preloaded RM5 & 300MB and valid for 7 days.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #5111

I also made the mistake
I got 2 of the tablet sim last yr (1 for me, 1 for Mrs when we are in Msia, we go for short trips >2x/yr)

Top up and bought a 2GB for 1yr Plan last Dec... Just realised the SIM is now "dead"
Top up another last month.. Now I realise it is only till end May.. �

For me.. Looks like I might as well use Starhub Data Travel. (if I don't look for alternatives)
Assume 4x of S$15 for 1mth each quarter.. Still cheaper then Rm 365 per card

Phantom37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #5112
Supremacy Member

I also made the mistake
I got 2 of the tablet sim last yr (1 for me, 1 for Mrs when we are in Msia, we go for short trips >2x/yr)

Top up and bought a 2GB for 1yr Plan last Dec... Just realised the SIM is now "dead"
Top up another last month.. Now I realise it is only till end May.. *********

For me.. Looks like I might as well use Starhub Data Travel. (if I don't look for alternatives)
Assume 4x of S$15 for 1mth each quarter.. Still cheaper then Rm 365 per card
Paid RM365 for your Hotlink Tablet SIM? Can elaborate ?

If you are not going to Malaysia sp often then I will suggest you buy either Maxis/DIGI; buy and throw away after each of your trip; each starter pack is come with some data (internet) + credit (for call).
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #5113
High Supremacy Member

that time wennt citysquare to buy prepaid.. hotlink network down cannot buy,, digi is minimium $22 and celcom $35//.. in the end nv buy,, i read online hotlink is $10, digi 8.50 citysquare really chop carrot
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #5114
Supremacy Member

thanks
Explore the different internet plans here - http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons#Internet-Plans

Don't forget to read the Notes and FAQs too.

Or download the MyDigi app, register, login, and explore the packages available.
what88 likes this.
Old 16-04-2017, 01:46 AM   #5115

Or download the MyDigi app, register, login, and explore the packages available.
don't download and use the app if you are in singapore and not ready for the 1gb free data.
what88 likes this.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.