Malaysia prepaid card

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
Who sells Msia prepaid card? Can PM me?

I need mainly DATA plan for 1-2 days for Port Klang/KL area.

Thank you!

Downloader

Reaction score
I read but still not sure if Digi Live 90 days grace period start on the day of expiry or after.

For example MyDigi app show my card expired on 16 Nov 2018.

If start from and inclusive of 16 Nov 2018 then the 90th day will be 13th Feb 2018.

If start from and inclusive of 17 Nov 2018 then the 90th day will be 14th Feb 2018.

I read it's best to extend validity 1 day prior in case something crops up unable to extend but need to confirm which of the above is correct.

I've already set my calendar to alert me but will MyDigi app or Digi sms notify on the last day?

sendhalp

Reaction score
I read but still not sure if Digi Live 90 days grace period start on the day of expiry or after.

For example MyDigi app show my card expired on 16 Nov 2018.

If start from and inclusive of 16 Nov 2018 then the 90th day will be 13th Feb 2018.

If start from and inclusive of 17 Nov 2018 then the 90th day will be 14th Feb 2018.

I read it's best to extend validity 1 day prior in case something crops up unable to extend but need to confirm which of the above is correct.

I've already set my calendar to alert me but will MyDigi app or Digi sms notify on the last day?

As you get closer to the expiring date,they would send you sms to extend and top up to keep using. But I suggest you to extend it earlier say on the 80th day or so.

Posted from PCWX using Mi A2

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As you get closer to the expiring date,they would send you sms to extend and top up to keep using. But I suggest you to extend it earlier say on the 80th day or so.

I'm not sure exactly at which point the SMS reminding will arrive, but I agree that it's better to extend much earlier than to wait till the last one or two days.

sendhalp

Reaction score
Been maintaining my malaysia card as I go in quite frequent. Im on hotlink, and I let it run autoroam in Singapore. As long as you don't call your credit won't drop.

And hotlink is easy as it shows you when is the termination date

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the cheapest sim card i can get from jb? mainly used for grab

i remember last time i went, i managed to get the RM5 magic sim

xpaxmagic-sim.jpg

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been maintaining my malaysia card as I go in quite frequent. Im on hotlink, and I let it run autoroam in Singapore. As long as you don't call your credit won't drop.

And hotlink is easy as it shows you when is the termination date

Just to add on... Hotlink advised me to avoid choosing 4G network, to avoid accidental data roaming charges. These days I make it a habit to change it back to 3G, and all is good so far. Must also say that Maxis/Hotlink customer service is certainly more responsive to queries, than the rest.

I also used to occasionally activate their data roaming pass before I got my dual-SIM iPhone. It's RM10/day for 1GB. Even used it to data roam in Batam (Indonesia). ;)

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys can teach how to top up via mobile app for hotlink?

Need to register account with maxis ? I tried online / credit card method with my prepaid mobile number but it state number not valid.

sendhalp

Reaction score

Need to register account with maxis ? I tried online / credit card method with my prepaid mobile number but it state number not valid.

Download the hotline red app
Then enter your phone number and enter the otp
Then you should be able to see your balance credit/money and also your balance data
Then tap on the + sign

Then there got many different option to top up.

Good luck

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How To Top Up - Hotlink
Check the link to Hotlink RED App.

"Number not valid"?

Is your Hotlink line still active or inactive?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Mynews in jbcc sells digi 8rm prepaid ?
Yes, if they've stock.

Its not active now. I need to top up to reactive it. So I guess I need to buy the physical top up card ?
So it's still within the grace period? Have you checked the termination date, then?

Other than the top-up card, I believe those other methods can be used to...

kimura

Reaction score
Is it better to get the SIM card here or in Malaysia? Do I need to activate the plan if I buy in JB? Can I get one from jb City Square?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other location available ? The next available shop that are able to buy at rrp 8rm.

next nearest i know is TESCO (theres one in KSL)... have to find a way to book grab there... if u plan to go KSL in the first place...

but there was once i went to TESCO, the counter girl told me the RM8 SIM she unable to register in the app for me cos somehting wrong with system/ app , and she told me to buy the other more expensive one...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other location available ? The next available shop that are able to buy at rrp 8rm.

Depends on where you're heading.

Seen them at Giant Nusa Bestari in Bukit Indah... or I'd think Giant Leisure Mall in Taman Pelangi should have too.

darkmilk

Reaction score
Left 3 Digi, 3 U mobile and 3 TuneTalk as of now at mynews.com (JBCC Komtar).
Just bought mine at RRP RM8.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.