Malaysia prepaid card

daxiong88

Reaction score
Tron website claimed that MVN ends this month end, but Digi told me it's this Thursday. I subsequently also received SMS from Tron that service will be terminated by Thursday.

Tomorrow will be the last day if you wanna port, and spend the day waiting for the confirmation SMS.

The website stated 31 Jan 2019?

http://www.tron.com.my/

NOTICE OF SERVICE TERMINATION

We regret to announce that Tron will terminate MVN service starting from 31/12/2018 due to

i. Expiry of the Contract between the Host Operator - DIGI and us.
ii. Termination of the contract between Host Operator due to unattainable of mutual agreement.

Impacted Services

i. MVN services will only be available till 30/12/2018.

ii. From 31/12/2018 till 30/1/2019, only domestic SMS for incoming/outgoing and domestic incoming voice call are available for port out purpose to other telcos.

iii. On 31/1/2019, MVN service will be permanently shut down.

Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)
ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,
iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard procedures.
Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 31/1/2019, their MVN service will be terminated permanently.

Standard procedures for Direct Port-in (To Tron Collaboration Party)

Subscribers may visit this url https://www.halotelco.com/directportin and request for direct port-in.

*Terms and conditions applied.

Standard procedures for Refund

Subscribers may visit this url http://channel.tron.com.my/refund and request for refund.

Refund request will be available from 18/12/2018 until 17/1/2019. Once the request has been approved, the refund will be issued within one month after 21/1/2019.

*Terms and conditions applied.

Contact information

Address : K-2-8, 2nd Floor, Kuchai Business Park, Jalan 1/127, off Jalan Kuchai Lama, 58200 Kuala Lumpur. Customer Service Hotline : 1300 800 188 Email Address : cs@tron.com.my
Customer Service Operation Hours from 9am - 6pm.

(Monday – Friday, exclude Sat, Sun & Public Holiday) - till 17/2/2019

Thank you for your support all this while.

Copyright @ 2011 - 2018 Talk Focus Sdn Bhd (753644-T) - All Rights Reserved
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the tron.com.my

daxiong88

Reaction score
From Tron's FB

LAST REMINDER!!!
For Refund : Submission due date 17.01.2019
*Tron will not accept any submission after the due date.

For Port Out : Submission due date 22.01.2019
(Applicable for Port In to collaboration Party Only)
*Tron will not accept any submission after the due date.

Port Out To Other Telco Service Provider
Advisable to be done by 22.01.2019, to avoid any MNP Port Out Failure.

MVN Service : Terminated on 31.01.2019
*Tron will not responsible for any Port Out Failure after the Termination date.

Notice Info: http://www.tron.com.my/
Port-in Info: https://www.halotelco.com/directportin

#TronUser #RetainNumber #PortInRequest #HaloTelco #SpecialDeal

daxiong88

Reaction score
Yup, seems new subscribers will be charged RM100 for 365 days validity extension, though I think they'll have free data of some sort too.

Keeping my old line. :)

best part is want to keep the number but can't get a full refund of the TRON credits inside.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The website stated 31 Jan 2019?

I'm not sure now, to be honest. When I was in JB Tuesday, the SMS came in about the termination.

RM0.00:TRON: Regret to inform that our MVN service will be terminated by 17/1/2019. For refund/service options, kindly visit: www.tron.com.my

On that day itself, I tried making an outgoing call (to Tron) from that line and it's already disabled. There's still a network shown on the phone though, so for the other services stated on their website.

Tron can't roam, so I can't check if there's still a network today. But over at their FB page, they seem not to reply anymore. Posted on 10/1/2019 over there, 22/1/2019 is the deadline for porting. But without an active line (since they said service terminated by 17/1/2019), I'm not sure porting is going to be possible anymore...

daxiong88

Reaction score
I'm not sure now, to be honest. When I was in JB Tuesday, the SMS came in about the termination.

RM0.00:TRON: Regret to inform that our MVN service will be terminated by 17/1/2019. For refund/service options, kindly visit: www.tron.com.my

On that day itself, I tried making an outgoing call (to Tron) from that line and it's already disabled. There's still a network shown on the phone though, so for the other services stated on their website.

Tron can't roam, so I can't check if there's still a network today. But over at their FB page, they seem not to reply anymore. Posted on 10/1/2019 over there, 22/1/2019 is the deadline for porting. But without an active line (since they said service terminated by 17/1/2019), I'm not sure porting is going to be possible anymore...

Yup, its confusing.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best part is want to keep the number but can't get a full refund of the TRON credits inside.

See their FB posts where ex-users are asking about status of their refund submissions.

Porting attempt if rejected without a clear reason given (by Tron), there's nothing the port-to/new telco can do, and nothing much us users can do either if they don't want to provide the required information.

daxiong88

Reaction score
For Tron port out to XOX network, which XOX dealer did you go to do the pott out?

The one in bukit indah?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Tron port out to XOX network, which XOX dealer did you go to do the pott out?

The one in bukit indah?

If that's still there, I guess it'd be an option. Can't think of any other XOX dealer in JB more accessible for us.... Unless you prefer one that's in SG, but you still have to be able to receive that confirmation SMS on your Tron line.

Are you in MY right now, to see if your Tron line is still active?

daxiong88

Reaction score
If that's still there, I guess it'd be an option. Can't think of any other XOX dealer in JB more accessible for us.... Unless you prefer one that's in SG, but you still have to be able to receive that confirmation SMS on your Tron line.

Are you in MY right now, to see if your Tron line is still active?

Do you happen to have the contact number of that shop in bukit indah?

Is it called

INNOVATE MARKETING & ENTERPRISE

I am in JB now. Cant call out from Tron but can receive sms and calls.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the contact number of that shop in bukit indah?

Is it called

INNOVATE MARKETING & ENTERPRISE

I am in JB now. Cant call out from Tron but can receive sms and calls.

Sorry, I went out right after my post, just came back to see this.

No, I don't have their number and actually, I've not seen that shop/booth. After someone here shared about their existence the last time, I was in the area twice but forgot to go check them out.

Edit: Looks like our Tron lines are still not terminated then, unlike what they said in the SMS I received on Tuesday.

daxiong88

Reaction score
Sorry, I went out right after my post, just came back to see this.

No, I don't have their number and actually, I've not seen that shop/booth. After someone here shared about their existence the last time, I was in the area twice but forgot to go check them out.

Edit: Looks like our Tron lines are still not terminated then, unlike what they said in the SMS I received on Tuesday.

Np. So I would like to know which shop in bukit indah can I go to do the port out to XOX?

Can those who are successful share the ship name and address? Thanks.

daxiong88

Reaction score
After selecting 'Y' in the reply message to TRON, how long did you wait for the new telco service to be active?

Thanks.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX dealer spotted in Giant Nusa Bestari (aka Giant Bukit Indah to some), ground floor, booth outside the makan joint. Also has U Mobile, Hotlink, and Digi Live. Doesn't do porting.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX Dealers in JB

OneXOX dealer spotted in Giant Nusa Bestari (aka Giant Bukit Indah to some), ground floor, booth outside the makan joint. Also has U Mobile, Hotlink, and Digi Live. Doesn't do porting.

For those who are familiar with Restoran GP88 in Gelang Patah, there's another OneXOX dealer along the shops round the back. They're open from 10am to 10pm daily, and have the following prepaid cards too:

- Tune Talk
- Maxis Hotlink
- XPAX
- Digi Live
- U Mobile

(Note: I didn't ask about the prices.)

maxrex

Reaction score
May I ask where to buy Digi Prepaid Live card somewhere around Johor Bahru CIQ / City Square / Komtar JBCC? Thank you in advance.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask where to buy Digi Prepaid Live card somewhere around Johor Bahru CIQ / City Square / Komtar JBCC? Thank you in advance.

JB CIQ - further on after the customs point, you'll see a Digi dealer cart on your left just next to the (more visible) convenience store, before an exit doorway.

City Square - 2nd or 3rd floor, a dealer shop there.

Komtar JBCC - Head for MyNews, somewhere at the exit facing City Square. Often OOS here, though, since they sell at RRP with no extras required.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, Digi prepaid packs are no longer available at Giant Nusa Bestari (across the road from Tesco Bukit Indah). They only have U Mobile prepaid there, at the customer service counter as well as at the cashier counters.

(Was told by a promoter that this Giant is going to be replaced with a new tenant.)

maxyorkie

Reaction score
I have not used my Digi Live for awhile and is due to expire soon. Thought I'll extend the validity.

Occasionally, without inserting the SIM card, I would check the MyDigi apps, I can see my balance but today, MyDigi apps would not load my account.

I inserted the Digi sim card to try and after numerous tries, my phone still show "No Sim". Other telcos sim cards are ok so that rule out the phone problem. Just curious,I wonder anyone has the same issue before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.