HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1984Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #5566
Supremacy Member

Using onexox . I see on the *150# menu after I top up showing MA and DA. What's the difference ?
Hope this helps.

DA - dedicated account - cheaper rate
MA - Main account - standard rate

For every top up, system will divide the amount into DA & MA accounts according to the below table.

The system will utilize DA credit first, once DA balance is used up then it will use MA credit afterward.

Habrosus and ~Dragonite~ like this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #5567

Hope this helps.

Thks a lot!!!!!!!!!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Extremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #5568

Hope this helps.

I had $4 in DA and I did not do anything, howcome it kept deducting from my DA? I am still using my season pass. Only left with $0.93
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #5569

I had $4 in DA and I did not do anything, howcome it kept deducting from my DA? I am still using my season pass. Only left with $0.93
are you using iphone or xiaomi? rooted or jailbroken?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #5570

are you using iphone or xiaomi? rooted or jailbroken?
iPhone unroot
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #5571

iPhone unroot
do you have imessage enabled? iphones are notorious for sending sms to the imessage gateway in uk and often incurring global sms
charges.

a better way to find out where did all your money go to is to reach out to customer service.
what88 and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #5572

do you have imessage enabled? iphones are notorious for sending sms to the imessage gateway in uk and often incurring global sms
charges.

a better way to find out where did all your money go to is to reach out to customer service.
Oh yes I have iMessage . I just cAlled and they said FaceTime is the culprit and it also a known issue
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Extremme; 17-06-2017 at 09:03 PM..
Old 19-06-2017, 06:44 AM   #5573
Supremacy Member

charges.

I've iMessage and Facetime turned off. Each time I switch SIM cards in the iPhone, I get a prompt box from iMessage and have to tap Cancel. A telco CSO here told me that I'll be charged if I tap OK by mistake.

Since those 2 features are turned off, I don't understand why I still get the iMessage prompt. iAnnoyed

(Meanwhile, I found a way to use an iPhone on both sides of the causeway without too much hassle. My answer is the old Hotlink Tablet/Broadband plan - just switch SIM cards, set network, turn on Data, and surf away! Bought a case from JB that came with slots for spare SIM card as well as an included pin. )
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #5574

I've iMessage and Facetime turned off. Each time I switch SIM cards in the iPhone, I get a prompt box from iMessage and have to tap Cancel. A telco CSO here told me that I'll be charged if I tap OK by mistake.

Since those 2 features are turned off, I don't understand why I still get the iMessage prompt. iAnnoyed

(Meanwhile, I found a way to use an iPhone on both sides of the causeway without too much hassle. My answer is the old Hotlink Tablet/Broadband plan - just switch SIM cards, set network, turn on Data, and surf away! Bought a case from JB that came with slots for spare SIM card as well as an included pin. )
it is a very apple thing. apple insists in activating imessage and facetime even if you have the knobs switched to off. it can happen when you swap sim cards, lose network and later reconnect, or after you reboot your iphone. however, getting those prompts isnt a bad thing. at least it allows us to hit cancel and stop the sending of sms. but if your carrier belongs to the so-called apple supported carriers, ios will send sms to uk silently. these carriers agreed to zero-rate sms'es sent to apple. however, they dont always honour this or may even change their mind on charges later.

umobile is one of the apple supported carriers. i never get imessage or facetime activation warning when using umobile. however when i checked apple's website, my number keeps getting registered. naturally they dont charge for the silent activation sms. i didnt get any charge too when roaming until this year when i got slapped with 92 sen right after inserting the sim when in singapore.

imho, hotlink tablet is way overpriced. if you want to use xox, you better topup just enough money to buy seasonpass and dont leave any balance behind. use a dumbphone first. xox's validity is too long. getting a prepaid that can fall into a grace period and freeze the credit balance is preferable to me.
Habrosus, what88 and ~Dragonite~ like this.

Last edited by kitkat2; 19-06-2017 at 03:13 PM..
Old 19-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #5575
Supremacy Member

While heading north up to Segamat last weekend, my OneXOX in a Galaxy A9 Pro refused to co-operate and I'd to switch to using my iPhone to surf with the Hotlink Broadband/Tablet plan.

Not sure if it's anything to do with the supposedly Celcom upgrading exercise, but was pretty disappointed as I'd subscribed for 500MB deducted from SP for a month in which I foresee only 2 more short/day trips.

Just me, but I'd rather pay for Internet that's available whenever I need it, then save on something that's not there when the need arises. Thus so far no regret paying the much higher price recently, to extend my spare Tablet plan as well.
Old 27-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #5576
Supremacy Member

i wish to get a SIM card with 4G as i monthly will go jb, which teleco and package is recommended?

thanks for the feedback
~Dragonite~ likes this.
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #5577

i wish to get a SIM card with 4G as i monthly will go jb, which teleco and package is recommended?

thanks for the feedback
chao ban, it depends on how much data you use. some people need just for whatsapp, some people watch tons of youtube when on vacation
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #5578
High Supremacy Member

While heading north up to Segamat last weekend, my OneXOX in a Galaxy A9 Pro refused to co-operate and I'd to switch to using my iPhone to surf with the Hotlink Broadband/Tablet plan.

Not sure if it's anything to do with the supposedly Celcom upgrading exercise, but was pretty disappointed as I'd subscribed for 500MB deducted from SP for a month in which I foresee only 2 more short/day trips.

Just me, but I'd rather pay for Internet that's available whenever I need it, then save on something that's not there when the need arises. Thus so far no regret paying the much higher price recently, to extend my spare Tablet plan as well.
How come? Did you managed to log in to celcom or XOX network?

Can make call? You can call the hotline or check with your dealer.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Elnin0; 28-06-2017 at 09:05 AM..
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #5579
Supremacy Member

How come? Did you managed to log in to celcom or XOX network?

Can make call? You can call the hotline or check with your dealer.
Connected to OneXOX network but couldn't tolerate the loading speed.

I've never bothered to call, or rather no time to spare going through the hassle. That's why I don't rely on just one telco/SIM card, and will just switch to another as quickly as possible.

Anyway, will try again this weekend. Got to go onto the network to disable the auto-renewal too.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #5580
High Supremacy Member

Connected to OneXOX network but couldn't tolerate the loading speed.

I've never bothered to call, or rather no time to spare going through the hassle. That's why I don't rely on just one telco/SIM card, and will just switch to another as quickly as possible.

Anyway, will try again this weekend. Got to go onto the network to disable the auto-renewal too.
Do this in Singapore before going there.
Logon to M1 network. then *150*2#
last time I keep using *150#... now cannot liao.

If 1 day nia, don't use season pass. Pay by credit is cheaper.
Do all this before going in, becoz when you go there.. you sure busy with other things.

oh.. Celcom network is most keng one.. in KSL, I only got 1 or 2 bars for 4G. Else use 3G.
Elnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.