HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1981Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #5746

digi best is a pretty cool deal now. for just rm1 per day, you get 2gb. just changed plan from live and it seems the free video allowance remained.

Last edited by kitkat2; 25-08-2017 at 09:56 AM..
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #5747
Arch-Supremacy Member

Didn't bother updating myself on the latest plans. Still using my Power u mobile bought a year ago. Just top up 5rm at 7-11 when I go in every week since it expires in 5 days. 4G reception not fantastic though..
Insatiable_creat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #5748
Arch-Supremacy Member

digi best is a pretty cool deal now. for just rm1 per day, you get 2gb. just changed plan from live and it seems the free video allowance remained.

how does this work?

I go online buy these package? But must buy their prepaid SIM card first isnt it? Assuming i bought the SIM card, put it into my phone, i buy the 17 hours expired package, i use it for either today or tomorrow. Next week if i go again to JB, i just buy again another 17 hours package online and use the same SIM card? There is no expiry of the SIM card?
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #5749

how does this work?

I go online buy these package? But must buy their prepaid SIM card first isnt it? Assuming i bought the SIM card, put it into my phone, i buy the 17 hours expired package, i use it for either today or tomorrow. Next week if i go again to JB, i just buy again another 17 hours package online and use the same SIM card? There is no expiry of the SIM card?
this is the new digi best 2017 plan. read it up at the telco's website to understand about the product.

the free 1gb data is offered on daily basis once you spent rm1 on idd calls to the labourers's countries. 17 hours remaining because midnight was 17 hours away.

if you topup at least once a month, you don't have to worry about expiry. so it is wise to topup small amount each time, not a huge amount in one go. details on expiry is, again explained on telco's website.
Old 25-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #5750
Supremacy Member

how does this work?

Read the part on Digi Prepaid Best, the T&Cs and FAQs, and you'll understand better how to go about it.

Yes, you can use the same SIM card on your subsequent visits, grace period I believe is still 75 days for Digi Best.

If you've anymore questions after going through the notes, we can then help to answer them.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #5751

The weekly (every 7 days) FREE 2.5GB video/music allowance is a permanent feature of Digi Live prepaid SIM card.

If I understand correctly...

The weekly FREE 2.5GB video/music allowance -- was provisioned to your Digi prepaid BEFORE you converted your Digi prepaid from Digi Live prepaid to Digi prepaid Best 2017.

Now that you've converted your Digi Live prepaid to Digi prepaid Best 2017, there may be no more FREE weekly 2.5GB video/music allowance provisioned to your Digi prepaid from next week onwards.

(So keep us updated on this next week, OK? Thanks.)

The daily FREE 1GB (12am to 8am) -- for this latest version Digi prepaid Best 2017 is fairly generous -- PROVIDED you can make use of it.

For those (Singaporeans) making occasional day trips into Malaysia (i.e. go in morning, come back afternoon or at night) -- will be DIFFICULT to be able to make use of this daily FREE 1GB; because timing wise -- it's only valid between 12am to 8am !!

Of course this daily FREE 1GB (12am to 8am) will be more useful to those who spend a few days in Malaysia -- PROVIDED you don't sleep between 12am to 8am to make use of this daily FREE 1GB

IMHO, the (other) FREE 1GB Internet -- valid for rest of the day -- given upon at least RM1 spent on IDD calls, is the more useful part.

If I'm not wrong, there is also no change in the inactive/passive/grace period.

For this latest version Digi prepaid Best 2017, the inactive/passive/grace period is still 75days, which is LESS/shorter than the 90days inactive/passive/grace period for Digi Live prepaid.

To summarise, all different (new or old) versions of prepaid has pros & cons.

You have to look at all the details -- to know what works best for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Last edited by boonkang; 25-08-2017 at 08:48 PM..
boonkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #5752
Arch-Supremacy Member

this is the new digi best 2017 plan. read it up at the telco's website to understand about the product.

the free 1gb data is offered on daily basis once you spent rm1 on idd calls to the labourers's countries. 17 hours remaining because midnight was 17 hours away.

if you topup at least once a month, you don't have to worry about expiry. so it is wise to topup small amount each time, not a huge amount in one go. details on expiry is, again explained on telco's website.
Read the part on Digi Prepaid Best, the T&Cs and FAQs, and you'll understand better how to go about it.

Yes, you can use the same SIM card on your subsequent visits, grace period I believe is still 75 days for Digi Best.

If you've anymore questions after going through the notes, we can then help to answer them.
ok, thank you, will check it out first
Habrosus likes this.
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #5753
Supremacy Member

they made it so complicated
hwbest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 01:23 AM   #5754
Great Supremacy Member

I just topup &10rm into my digi best plan and it auto become the 1 week plan
Argh
RadEoNic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #5755
Great Supremacy Member

Found out why
I had an active subscription, 10rm for 1 week 2gb + 7gb bonus data
Argh

Last edited by RadEoNic; 26-08-2017 at 01:44 AM..
RadEoNic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 02:05 AM   #5756

Digi Best plan also got another promo..

Spend 1RM and get free 200MB data (valid for 7 days - redeemable once a day). Do note that free data is not stackable.
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #5757

Found out why
I had an active subscription, 10rm for 1 week 2gb + 7gb bonus data
Argh
Ya.. Have to cancel the plan else will auto renew upon top up or when there's sufficient balance.

They also made it hard for people to cancel since cancellation will deactivate the add-on immediately despite having balance.
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #5758

Ya.. Have to cancel the plan else will auto renew upon top up or when there's sufficient balance.

They also made it hard for people to cancel since cancellation will deactivate the add-on immediately despite having balance.
i would never use anything longer than daily plan on digi. for best value and no auto renewal crap.
Old 27-08-2017, 07:14 PM   #5759

Where u guys buy digi sim card man? Citysquare sell but must also buy top up card.
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #5760

Where u guys buy digi sim card man? Citysquare sell but must also buy top up card.
Plenty of places sells it. Just after Malaysia customs got a shop selling if you are willing to queue...
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.