Malaysia prepaid card

jaxel80

Reaction score
Yesterday, bought the Sim pack with unlimited monthly pass 3 Mbps ( RM40) at Maxis shop (JB city sq).
I was tld, the shop does not sell the RM25 plan.
In addition, "Validity 365" pass which can be bought via the app, is for a limited period only.
I had just bought the pass and my app shows tht the mobile line is valid till 28 May 23.
Above all correct. I bought the 20GB for RM30, then use the app to buy the 365 active sim for another RM30. Thanks to all bros who replied to me.....fully appreciate it!

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How can I purchase the e sim online coz I meant I need to put Malaysia address and details.
As long u select the esim. It doesn’t matter what address you key in. They will send the sim info to u via email. Then after u activate. The QR code to add to ur phone also send via email.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
actually now got so many $10/mth postpaid plans that can work btw both sg n my, why dont just convert ur main line to those if u frequent msia

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually now got so many $10/mth postpaid plans that can work btw both sg n my, why dont just convert ur main line to those if u frequent msia
At the end of the day, the local SIM cards should be more reliable than the roaming ones?

I recently ported a couple of lines to TPG, partly for this reason of having the option to roam when I travel. But I still make sure the MY cards are primarily in use. Oh, I even used my Digi and Hotlink cards in Batam... :unsure:

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, the local SIM cards should be more reliable than the roaming ones?

I recently ported a couple of lines to TPG, partly for this reason of having the option to roam when I travel. But I still make sure the MY cards are primarily in use. Oh, I even used my Digi and Hotlink cards in Batam... :unsure:
Most probably ba. Some of these the usage is shared somemore.

scac1688

Reaction score
Hi! I want to get the validity 365 from hotlink Pantas but they need a malaysia address which I do not have so you guys how to get it done.Thanks!!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I want to get the validity 365 from hotlink Pantas but they need a malaysia address which I do not have so you guys how to get it done.Thanks!!
You already have the Hotlink Pantas plan SIM card, and you want to get the Validity 365's 1-year validity, is that it?

Can't quite understand what exactly you want, since Validity 365 is something that can be done within the app of the account/plan.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long u select the esim. It doesn’t matter what address you key in. They will send the sim info to u via email. Then after u activate. The QR code to add to ur phone also send via email.
isit? i just msg phelio to ask for help, how about the passport details?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
isit? i just msg phelio to ask for help, how about the passport details?
I just gave my real one. Using the app to take a picture of the passport. They will ask for a selfie verification too. So no point giving fake. All these done during sim activation via the app.
Not much info to guard for passport la. Don’t do IC though.

scac1688

Reaction score
You already have the Hotlink Pantas plan SIM card, and you want to get the Validity 365's 1-year validity, is that it?

Can't quite understand what exactly you want, since Validity 365 is something that can be done within the app of the account/plan.
Hi habrosus thanks for the reply I had the normal hotlink prepaid card and I want to upgrade to the hotlink pantas plan so that I can enjoy the validity 365 don’t need to top up every month.But they ask me for a Malaysia address which I don’t have so how am I suppose to do just give a fake Malaysia address or what? Thanks!!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi habrosus thanks for the reply I had the normal hotlink prepaid card and I want to upgrade to the hotlink pantas plan so that I can enjoy the validity 365 don’t need to top up every month.But they ask me for a Malaysia address which I don’t have so how am I suppose to do just give a fake Malaysia address or what? Thanks!!
You can use the Hotlink app to get all these done, I believe. If not, it could have something to do with your present plan, since you've not mentioned which one it is. In the app, under the last/5th option myhotlink you should be able to see the type of plan.

If you want to change the plan to Hotlink Pantas, tap on your present plan type and then the Upgrade black button. Available plan/s should be listed there. It used to cost RM5 for change of plan... it may be the same now.

To extend validity by 365 days:
Internet (2nd option in the app)
Others (3rd option along the top)
hot deals (1st option in the page)

scac1688

Reaction score
You can use the Hotlink app to get all these done, I believe. If not, it could have something to do with your present plan, since you've not mentioned which one it is. In the app, under the last/5th option myhotlink you should be able to see the type of plan.

If you want to change the plan to Hotlink Pantas, tap on your present plan type and then the Upgrade black button. Available plan/s should be listed there. It used to cost RM5 for change of plan... it may be the same now.

To extend validity by 365 days:
Internet (2nd option in the app)
Others (3rd option along the top)
hot deals (1st option in the page)
Thanks Habrosus for your help I finally get the 365 validity through your guidance fully appreciate!!

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You were stuck on which part? I did everything online via app. Quite fast.

i followed his steps plus whats needed online, but registering via app was not working i tried to sign up via email it did not work, i signed up then i tried to log in it say dont have such a account after a few tries i gave up i sign up via hp no, plus all that upload this pp take photo so many things i took at least 40mins maybe coz i suck

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i followed his steps plus whats needed online, but registering via app was not working i tried to sign up via email it did not work, i signed up then i tried to log in it say dont have such a account after a few tries i gave up i sign up via hp no, plus all that upload this pp take photo so many things i took at least 40mins maybe coz i suck
No la. The app is not that intuitive. I took some time to figure out to activate the sim first.
Anyway, remember to purchase ur welcome deals within 10 days. Once u purchase. Make sure ur validity of the sim change to 28 months later.
And another thing to note. Cos we register as foreigners, they will charge us SST of 6%. But they deduct from the balance in the prepaid after a day or 2. So u will suddenly see ur balance drop for no reason. There will not be any transaction logged as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.