Malaysia prepaid card

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Newbie in getting XOX sim card, can check if I need to physically go JB to get the physical sim card 1st or they will mail to my SG address?

Read the posted url link above on XOX prepaid, but cannot find any info on this area...
I think there is a seller on Shopee/Carousell who is based in SG that can sell you the physical SIM card. Basically, like going to a shop to buy a prepaid card la. You can check it out, might be a bit more ex than the online price.

I used eSIM bought direct from the website. You can consider this too.
I had Malaysia physical prepaid cards pre-COVID which expired. Thought I give eSIM a try this time so I don't need to keep changing SIM cards.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Newbie in getting XOX sim card, can check if I need to physically go JB to get the physical sim card 1st or they will mail to my SG address?

Read the posted url link above on XOX prepaid, but cannot find any info on this area...
Travel Bazaar in the Marketplace here in HWZ has an XOX agent too. I've also come across one in Lazada.

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there is a seller on Shopee/Carousell who is based in SG that can sell you the physical SIM card. Basically, like going to a shop to buy a prepaid card la. You can check it out, might be a bit more ex than the online price.

I used eSIM bought direct from the website. You can consider this too.
I had Malaysia physical prepaid cards pre-COVID which expired. Thought I give eSIM a try this time so I don't need to keep changing SIM cards.
how did u get it activated? have issues with mine and now waiting for XOX to reply.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
how did u get it activated? have issues with mine and now waiting for XOX to reply.
Took a few days before I got the email with the QR. I FB messaged them.
Brought back memories of Malaysia's laid back work culture.

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took a few days before I got the email with the QR. I FB messaged them.
Brought back memories of Malaysia's laid back work culture.

ya still pending for them to revert to me. cannot activate without the OTP

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can seek help from PHELIO on carousell everything do online one... but abit of time to fill in all the details, activation is like within 10mins, i got mine from him, and works last week when i was in jb

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can seek help from PHELIO on carousell everything do online one... but abit of time to fill in all the details, activation is like within 10mins, i got mine from him, and works last week when i was in jb
He's here in the Travel Bazaar.

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What step need otp? Did u setup via email or phone number?
register successfully. XOX failed to email me the QR code to scan in initially. One of the top notch customer serrvice from them.. very patiently guiding me through email step by step to activate the e-sim.

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro,
price is as competitive as the ones sold at the physical shop ? thanks

justpee

Reaction score
Yes. I read in the FAQ can just do another data plan once u finish. No need wait 30 days. Whether auto or not I’m not sure.
I’m also trying to maximize the 10gb. Haha. Typical Singaporean here.

actually even finish before 28 months also nevermind. The weekly and daily plans are few bucks thing only.
It will not auto renew. It will cut off your internet. You will need to subscribe again.

zachary123

Reaction score
Can I check what's the difference between MA and DA. This 2 confuses me. Lol.

Also, with the 10GB season pass, is the monthly data plan free or is it still chargeable?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also, with the 10GB season pass, is the monthly data plan free or is it still chargeable?
I've come to a stage where I don't bother about the MA DA difference/s already, as when you're paying for something, it'll automatically draw from the other one when one has insufficient funds. Just look at the total amount when you want to pay for something.

The Season Pass is like a wallet, and you've 10GB in it. Whenever you need to use data, just draw from there FOC.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If u look at the chart, assume u top up rm$30 1 shot. $20 will go into DA. $10 will go into MA.
for daily usage. It will use the DA account first and at the DA rates which is lower. Finish then it use MA.
But when u wan to buy data or whatever package. It will deduct from MA first. There is option to transfer from DA to MA. But not the other way round.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
It will not auto renew. It will cut off your internet. You will need to subscribe again.
That's right, no auto renew. Received SMS when I hit 80% of my allowance. It was the final day of my Malacca trip, I add on another 100MB deducted from season pass so have enough for Waze and Spotify on my drive back to SG, but didn't use this 100MB in the end. I'm going to waste 160MB when it expires at the end of the month.
I turned off auto renewal cos dunno when my next trip will be. Before going in then subscribe some data to deduct from season pass again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.