HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1979Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #5881
Supremacy Member

Bro, I think pt 4 is not valid here cos it can't extend validity to 28 months.

Pt 1 to 3 are applicable to newly activated card only. I believe bro Habrosus is more interested to know ways to extend validity of existing card.

Point 4 will only be used when we are reaching the end of our existing 28 months validity.

IIRC every new top up will extend our existing validity, which every RM1 will give 1 day validity; RM10 will extend 10 days more etc. Please correct if this is incorrect.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #5882

Point 4 will only be used when we are reaching the end of our existing 28 months validity.

IIRC every new top up will extend our existing validity, which every RM1 will give 1 day validity; RM10 will extend 10 days more etc. Please correct if this is incorrect.
after that you can pay rm28 for one year validity. imho, it is better to get a new number than pay.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #5883
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine was newly activated card with SP Fat5.

tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #5884
Supremacy Member

after that you can pay rm28 for one year validity. imho, it is better to get a new number than pay.
Precisely. get a new starter pack + immediate RM10 top up (provided this option still available) will give fresh 28 months.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #5885
Supremacy Member

XOX data plans could be rather confusing to new users, even to dealers too

Perhaps it's my mistake to expect that dealers will have the proper information here. He did mention in his posts in this discussion thread that he's a dealer. Guess I shouldn't have taken his words wholesale, like what I've been doing all this time with a couple of OneXOX dealers in another forum. My bad.

To get 28 months validity,
1. Get starter pack with sms SP FAT5/FAT10/FATVOICE to 22111/23388.
2. Topup RM10 within 24 hrs after number activate.
3. Topup RM50 within 30 days if you missed (2).
4. Buy validity: sms Valid 6 (RM18 6mth) or Valid 12 (RM25 12 months) to 22111/23388.
If you've not done it, may I suggest that you list this kind of information in your sale thread in the Travel Bazaar. It will be very useful to those looking to get a new SIM pack - will all information listed in point form.

Bro, I think pt 4 is not valid here cos it can't extend validity to 28 months.

Pt 1 to 3 are applicable to newly activated card only. I believe bro Habrosus is more interested to know ways to extend validity of existing card.
No, after nearly 2 years of using OneXOX, those other ways are known to us older users already. Was just saying that the first method is something newer (recent months?), and that it's a method and not a "data plan" as you'd mentioned earlier.

EXACTLY! One more point that dealers can add in (and I've yet to see any done that) in their Travel Bazaar threads!

Validity gets extended with each top-up, something that doesn't happen with the other prepaid cards. My own has gone to nearly 3 years already.
blade_ and what88 like this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #5886
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xox is really confusing even after with all the explaination here. Will stick to my starhub prepaid happy roam / tron / hotlink / hotlink tablet plan combo...
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #5887
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xox is really confusing even after with all the explaination here. Will stick to my starhub prepaid happy roam / tron / hotlink / hotlink tablet plan combo...
same feel! unless this get simpler, else just stick to the much simpler prepaid sim card from other telco
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #5888

Perhaps it's my mistake to expect that dealers will have the proper information here. He did mention in his posts in this discussion thread that he's a dealer. Guess I shouldn't have taken his words wholesale, like what I've been doing all this time with a couple of OneXOX dealers in another forum. My bad.

If you've not done it, may I suggest that you list this kind of information in your sale thread in the Travel Bazaar. It will be very useful to those looking to get a new SIM pack - will all information listed in point form.

No, after nearly 2 years of using OneXOX, those other ways are known to us older users already. Was just saying that the first method is something newer (recent months?), and that it's a method and not a "data plan" as you'd mentioned earlier.

EXACTLY! One more point that dealers can add in (and I've yet to see any done that) in their Travel Bazaar threads!

Validity gets extended with each top-up, something that doesn't happen with the other prepaid cards. My own has gone to nearly 3 years already.
Yeah very good points. I'd hate to put too much info in my ad. Makes your ad too crowded. But i'll include those points since every points are important
syedafiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #5889

i'll try my best to give best service to everyone. will do my best although i'm far away from SG. thank you guys for giving feedbacks.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:08 AM   #5890
Great Supremacy Member

If you have the time, do up a comparison table. Easier than reading words
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:52 PM   #5891

Smile

If you have the time, do up a comparison table. Easier than reading words
Have thought about it. Will do!
Old 22-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #5892
Master Member

I got myself a hotlink sim, was juz walking and seeing the numbers, my gf found one she liked so we got it.

Not bad lah, since we were in Malaysia for 3 days, the data really helped. RM15 means only like $3 for 3 days of Internet.

After that I also when Malaysia for one night, when I reach I downloaded the hotlink app... And registered, and they give me free 1gb for 48hours. Shoik sia!

As for topup.... I so far have gotten one rm5 top up code, just buy from anywhere. 7-11, pharmacies, news vendors. U can keep it for use when u need to.

So even when my card expire.... As long as I am within the grace period. I can just throw the value in and use the card. Even if I forget and the card expires.... I only spent like $5 and have already used data there for 5 days. So really money well spent... Only regret that with data... GF will spend time on what's app. Lol
Bro after u top up 5rm with the top up code.. Ur sim card validity extend how long ah?
Old 22-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #5893
Supremacy Member

Bro after u top up 5rm with the top up code.. Ur sim card validity extend how long ah?
Every RM1 top up will extend 1 day validity for most of the telcos there.
Old 22-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #5894

Every RM1 top up will extend 1 day validity for most of the telcos there.
Extend 1 day validity meaning if I extend today (22/10), the expiry will be 23/10?

I'm currently using Digi prepaid and the inactive period is 90 days. So does this mean if I pay RM1 every 90 days, I am able to maintain my number? Any advice appreciated.
fatfleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #5895

Extend 1 day validity meaning if I extend today (22/10), the expiry will be 23/10?

I'm currently using Digi prepaid and the inactive period is 90 days. So does this mean if I pay RM1 every 90 days, I am able to maintain my number? Any advice appreciated.
yes, your number becomes active again and after that the standard inactive period follows.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.