HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1974Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #5941
Supremacy Member

Think I found the answer.

According to their T & C, the given airtime will only valid for 30 days from the date of purchase while DATA package will be 1 year, which mean we can save $10(for 1 year extension) if we plan to get +VIBE200.
Let me go take another look, as my card's validity is due next month.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #5942
Supremacy Member

Let me go take another look, as my card's validity is due next month.
This +VIBE thingy has too much data for my short stays...

But while checking on the RM10/year validity extension, I noticed that Tune Talk now has RM1/300MB/Day data package as well, much like what I've been using from my Digi Best for short errands.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #5943

Just to share, I was in JB last week and noticed that digi has disabled tethering on my iPhone. I was able to tether in Jun 17. Did anyone encounter similar problem? Any possible workaround ( mifi, etc) to this?
semap1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #5944

Think I found the answer.

According to their T & C, the given airtime will only valid for 30 days from the date of purchase while DATA package will be 1 year, which mean we can save $10(for 1 year extension) if we plan to get +VIBE200.
Use Xox & get 2 years 4 months validity ☺
Rm30 get 5gb for 1 month
& 5gb data to draw for the next months. can draw 500mb/1gb/2gb for 30 days. the remaining can use n carry forward on next months.

find me at bazaar. carousell me.
syedafiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #5945
Supremacy Member

Talking about OneXOX...

I noticed a mysterious data deduction from my Season Pass (again). Another odd amount...

Yes, I know dealers always say to contact CSO, but imagine if users don't check/notice such deductions...
what88 likes this.
Old 22-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #5946

DiGi Best, Tune Talk, OneXOX, Tron, and a couple of the older ones if you can somehow get your hands on them.
seems like Tunetalk is cheapest for long term (1 year) validity

Tunetalk extend 1 year validity for 10RM; OneXox RM25

any difference between the 2 in terms of coverage n rates ?

is it easy to find Tunetalk prepaid ?
onizuka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #5947
Supremacy Member

seems like Tunetalk is cheapest for long term (1 year) validity

Tunetalk extend 1 year validity for 10RM; OneXox RM25

any difference between the 2 in terms of coverage n rates ?

is it easy to find Tunetalk prepaid ?
I think Tune Talk's RM10 validity extension is a promotion valid until the end of this year only. Not sure if they'll extend it.

Coverage should be similar, since they're both MVNO under Celcom. You can check the rates from their respective websites.

I saw a dealer banner over a shop in Gelang Patah (JB), not sure if they're still doing it. Don't have the address offhand, but it's round the corner from the popular coffee shop that tour buses loved to stop for breakfast, also CW buses first stop at those shophouses area. I got mine while I was in Melaka, 1 dealer in Dataran Pahlawan and the other in Mahkota Parade.

Last edited by Habrosus; 23-11-2017 at 09:37 AM..
Old 23-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #5948

Talking about OneXOX...

I noticed a mysterious data deduction from my Season Pass (again). Another odd amount...

Yes, I know dealers always say to contact CSO, but imagine if users don't check/notice such deductions...
contact me via carousell n show me your balance. I'll check with CS. might also from data auto renewal.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #5949

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolpl...-year-validity

both use celcom network.
but TT must have rm15 balance in order to get the rm10 validity.
TT have terms of 'must have minimum ** balance to subscribe this n that'.
& TT have 1 yr validity but with nothing to do. Only for sake of keeping the number active. You still have to topup to use data n call.

Xox with Rm30 can get 5gb data that can be used in any month within 28 months validity. *note that 1 activation of Xox gives 28mth validity right away. **Note Xox can also get rm10 for 28months validity, but you need the data to use right? hence the 5gb.
you get a bank that keeps data & can draw data 500mb/30d or 1gb/30d. the remaining can carry forward without topup n used again.

Find me at travel bazaar. Authorised Xox Dealer in MY.

Last edited by syedafiff; 23-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: I've put link of Tunetalk rm10 1year validity (but need rm15 credit balance) link
Old 23-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #5950
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xox is really confusing even after with all the explaination here. Will stick to my starhub prepaid happy roam / tron / hotlink / hotlink tablet plan combo...
lol

i purchased xox card from a dealer previously, left it to rot ever since, he couldnt explain to me (a newbie) clearly.
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #5951
Arch-Supremacy Member

Below is just FYI for your benefit in case you're not aware...

TLDR (too long don't read, just ignore), OK?

As far as I know (AFAIK),
ALL Malaysia prepaid gives FREE incoming calls by default.

(Typically) When you top up RM5, your Malaysia prepaid card becomes active for 5 days.

You can use mobile data or make outgoing calls & send SMS or receive incoming calls & incoming SMS -- during the active period.

If you don't top up after 5 days, your Malaysia prepaid card is NOT terminated, but becomes inactive (also called passive/grace period) -- inactive means you can't use mobile data or make outgoing calls or send out SMS.

The duration of inactive/passive/grace period varies between different Malaysia telcos' prepaid.

(Your M'sia prepaid will only be truly terminated if you don't do any top up before the inactive/passive/grace period ends.)

When in Malaysia...
DURING the inactive/passive period, your Malaysia prepaid card can still receive incoming calls & receive SMS.

In other words, even during the inactive/passive period of your Malaysia prepaid card, people can still send SMS to you or call you & you can talk for as many hours as you want -- without costing you a single cent.

HOW I WISH all Singapore prepaid gives FREE incoming calls by default.

Some Malaysia prepaid (e.g. Digi prepaid), gives FREE Internet access by default -- as long as your M'sia prepaid is active -- although the default FREE Internet access is at very slow speed.

So that means as long as my M'sia prepaid is active -- I'm able to send/receive Whatsapp text msgs or check weather forecast -- without having to pay & buy ANY mobile data plan at all.

Of course I can still choose to buy mobile data plan on my M'sia prepaid to get faster speed Internet access (3G or 4G/LTE) -- if I feel that the default FREE Internet access is too slow for certain usage/purpose.

How I WISH Singapore prepaid gives FREE Internet access by default.

In Singapore prepaid:
(1) If you don't buy any mobile data plan OR
(2) Your current prepaid mobile data plan expires & you forget to buy another mobile data plan...

Once got no mobile data plan, all Singapore prepaid Internet access WILL BE INSTANTLY CHARGED at pay-per-use (PPU/PAYU) rates.

TYPICALLY, if no mobile data plan, Singapore prepaid can charge SGD$0.07 per 10KB !!

10KB cost SGD$0.07
1024KB cost SGD$7.168 (YES, 1024KB = 1MB mobile data cost MORE THAN SGD$7 !!)
500MB cost SGD$3584
1GB cost SGD$7340.032 (YES, 1024MB = 1GB mobile data cost MORE THAN SGD$7340 !!)

SO MANY people in Singapore top up $10/$20/$50 to their Singapore prepaid & their prepaid balance is WIPED OUT to ZERO (SGD$0.00) almost immediately due to PPU/PAYU mobile data cost, because they forgot to buy mobile data plan & their phones have apps running in the background constantly using up some mobile data.

The above issue will NEVER occur on Malaysia prepaid with FREE default Internet access.

BTW, did I said before? How I WISH Singapore prepaid gives FREE Internet access by default.

In Malaysia, you can port from postpaid to prepaid OR vice versa (prepaid to postpaid) without restrictions.

In Singapore, you can only port from prepaid to postpaid but telcos here DON'T provide service to port from postpaid to prepaid.

In other words, once you port your Singapore mobile number from prepaid to postapid, it's ONE WAY ONLY, you'll not be able to port back your mobile number from postpaid to prepaid.

How I WISH in Singapore you can port postpaid to prepaid or vice versa without any restrictions.

For the latest version of Digi BEST prepaid, each time you spend RM1 on IDD calls, you get FREE 1GB of mobile data valid for the rest of the day.

Everytime I visit Malaysia for day trips (or for a few hours)...

Without having to do any top up...

I only need to deduct RM1 -- from my Digi prepaid balance -- to get my Digi prepaid active for 1day, then I spent another RM1 on IDD to get the FREE 1GB mobile data to use for the rest of the day trip.

TOTAL I spend only RM2 to be able to use 1GB mobile data during the day trip to Malaysia -- without doing any top up -- as long as I have at least RM2 balance in my M'sia Digi prepaid.

RM2 is SGD$0.66.

How I WISH Singapore prepaid gives 1GB of mobile data at cost of only SGD$0.66 (at any day that I need).

I can go on & on giving more & more points but I think you get the idea.

Having now know the above, which one is more stupid, Malaysia prepaid or Singapore prepaid ??
hahahaha of cos sg prepaid, but thats a well known fact isnt it

what i didnt know is that m'sia prepaid has the free slow internet/data usage which tbh sounds amazing but i'm not sure how slow is their slow lol. & also, if dont top up, then after a certain no. of days it'll be terminated right? but what if within that no. of days, i enter jb & use calls/sms/the free slow internet? will my card still be inactive & will the inactive period be RESET after that? means initially i was 10 days into the inactive period, then after i use it for calls/sms/free internet, it continues on from 10 days or restart from 0?
p_eppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #5952
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to share, I was in JB last week and noticed that digi has disabled tethering on my iPhone. I was able to tether in Jun 17. Did anyone encounter similar problem? Any possible workaround ( mifi, etc) to this?
you mean they can actually disable tethering!? we usually just get one sim card & tether between two devices since we dont need to use our mobiles that often anyway (only for minimal data usage). by disabling tethering they'll be forcing ppl to purchase two sim cards which would be greatly underused & basically a waste of money lo.

i used hotlink last weekend on my iphone & tethering to another iphone worked fine..
p_eppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #5953
Master Member

you mean they can actually disable tethering!? we usually just get one sim card & tether between two devices since we dont need to use our mobiles that often anyway (only for minimal data usage). by disabling tethering they'll be forcing ppl to purchase two sim cards which would be greatly underused & basically a waste of money lo.

i used hotlink last weekend on my iphone & tethering to another iphone worked fine..
If you go for one weekend trip every month, just get a new hotline card everytime. RM8.50 or RM10 for 2 days weekend data, 1GB each day.
Worth it lah.
zzxxzzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #5954
Supremacy Member

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolpl...-year-validity

both use celcom network.
but TT must have rm15 balance in order to get the rm10 validity.
TT have terms of 'must have minimum ** balance to subscribe this n that'.
& TT have 1 yr validity but with nothing to do. Only for sake of keeping the number active. You still have to topup to use data n call.

Xox with Rm30 can get 5gb data that can be used in any month within 28 months validity. *note that 1 activation of Xox gives 28mth validity right away. **Note Xox can also get rm10 for 28months validity, but you need the data to use right? hence the 5gb.
you get a bank that keeps data & can draw data 500mb/30d or 1gb/30d. the remaining can carry forward without topup n used again.

Find me at travel bazaar. Authorised Xox Dealer in MY.

You did not mention Tune Talk now has RM1/300MB/Day data package as well, this data subscription and much easier than oneXOX for those who make a day trip to malaysia.

This +VIBE thingy has too much data for my short stays...

But while checking on the RM10/year validity extension, I noticed that Tune Talk now has RM1/300MB/Day data package as well, much like what I've been using from my Digi Best for short errands.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #5955
Supremacy Member

contact me via carousell n show me your balance. I'll check with CS. might also from data auto renewal.
Thanks for the offer but I've already sent email to them just waiting for their reply.

Amazing though, how they replied my previous query within 2 days but no shadow so far. Auto renewal will be ridiculous for 300+ data missing from a 512MB package subscription.

Their delay in replying somehow gives me the notion that it's some bug issue...
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 23-11-2017 at 06:55 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.