Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And come with e-sim
Not sure we can apply or not. Or its only for Malaysian
Not sure about others, but I got my Tune Talk eSIM when the borders were still closed. I already have a SIM card from the old days in Melaka though...

lyj123

Reaction score
Noob qns on dual sim. If I get a Malaysia eSim, can I still use apps like grab and WhatsApp under SG no as per normal?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noob qns on dual sim. If I get a Malaysia eSim, can I still use apps like grab and WhatsApp under SG no as per normal?
Yes. Of cos. Just beware WhatsApp might suddenly prompt asking if u wan to switch to new no. Just choose no.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, WhatsApp prompt just choose to retain SG number. Most of my dual SIM phones have MY SIM card in 2nd slot. Just use as per norm.

qcy888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For prepaid Malaysia data sim card, is it better to buy in SG or M'sia?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about the Hotlink Pantas from a dealer shop in JB Sentral? I'm thinking it'd be cheaper with more data (thus not having to budget for each trip) that can Hotspot.

RM75 with 365-day validity, 20GB to use in 365 days, RM5 credit (before 6% SST for foreigners). If you don't bother about choice numbers (displayed at their counter with individual costs), there's no extra cost. S$23 for a whole year...

SIM pack costs RM15 (with RM5 credit), 365-day validity for Pantas RM30, 20GB year-long RM30... I calculated and got a friend to get it.

For my dual-SIM iPhone, I just have to disable data before heading over. Once I'm there, I switch the Hotlink line to 4G and turn on data for it. Walah, instant connection so far!
Went back and got another Hotlink Pantas for myself and paid RM55 total, as I want only 5GB of data for the 365-day period, instead of 20GB, after realizing that they offered lower data packages too. You can also choose to pay only RM25 if you want to do the 365-day validity extension yourself later.

This is actually an RM25 Pantas plan package consisting of 5GB data, RM5 airtime, and 30-day validity. I paid another RM30 to them to do the 365-day validity at the same time. Thus my line as well as the 5GB data expire 365 days' later.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
For prepaid Malaysia data sim card, is it better to buy in SG or M'sia?
I recommend you have data even at the border crossing nowadays, cos the jam can be long, maybe they want to check vax status etc.
If you intend to get SIM card after crossing into Malaysia, can consider activating your SG telco data plan as a one-off.
I purchased my XOX eSIM in the comfort of my SG home.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
act if i am no wrong.. grab will auto go to malaysia ...
This is correct. Some features in Grab app are not available when you are not in SG.
e.g. I pay for my MRT using GPMC, they will deduct from my grab wallet after a few days. That day I was in JB when the deduction was made and my wallet balance not enough money, account suspended until I settle the outstanding, which I'm happy to, but cannot do so while I was in JB.
Come back to SG the notification pop up ask to top up my wallet.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is correct. Some features in Grab app are not available when you are not in SG.
e.g. I pay for my MRT using GPMC, they will deduct from my grab wallet after a few days. That day I was in JB when the deduction was made and my wallet balance not enough money, account suspended until I settle the outstanding, which I'm happy to, but cannot do so while I was in JB.
Come back to SG the notification pop up ask to top up my wallet.

thats not too good.....

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure this has been ask

can i use youytrip card balance to top up onexox e-wallet?

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
not sure this has been ask

can i use youytrip card balance to top up onexox e-wallet?
Use YT to top up TnG eWallet then use eWallet top up XOX.
YT top up XOX is possible but in another thread, we concluded that many of our YT cards had to be replaced due to XOX breach - cannot confirm, we suspect only.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use YT to top up TnG eWallet then use eWallet top up XOX.
YT top up XOX is possible but in another thread, we concluded that many of our YT cards had to be replaced due to XOX breach - cannot confirm, we suspect only.
so YT cannot top up direct to e wallet in xox anymore?

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using m1 passport data undrr celecom but sometime like no data in sone part of jb
Which telecom is good?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using m1 passport data undrr celecom but sometime like no data in sone part of jb
Which telecom is good?
I find Celcom rather iffy, reason why I switched back from my XOX card even before I cleared immigration the other time. My Maxis Hotlink card's already auto-connected before I started queuing in the hall...

My primary choice now is Maxis Hotlink Prepaid, so much so that even my spare phone's using it now. Just bring along my Digi Prepaid SIM in the wallet in case Maxis network goes down during the trip, though I've not encountered it happening so far.

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find Celcom rather iffy, reason why I switched back from my XOX card even before I cleared immigration the other time. My Maxis Hotlink card's already auto-connected before I started queuing in the hall...

My primary choice now is Maxis Hotlink Prepaid, so much so that even my spare phone's using it now. Just bring along my Digi Prepaid SIM in the wallet in case Maxis network goes down during the trip, though I've not encountered it happening so far.
Cos my mode transport to jb or day or meal is via motorbike I would prefer to get jb sim card in sg lor.

Cos I try using Google map offline the direction only show 1 way don't have alternative route

Last time I use before hotlink seem not bad
I a lazy person last time Malaysia sim card I think can last for 1 month if never top up, was looking for those long term sim card lor

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos my mode transport to jb or day or meal is via motorbike I would prefer to get jb sim card in sg lor.

Cos I try using Google map offline the direction only show 1 way don't have alternative route

Last time I use before hotlink seem not bad
I a lazy person last time Malaysia sim card I think can last for 1 month if never top up, was looking for those long term sim card lor
Hotlink Pantas gives you 365-day line validity for RM30.

XOX has 28-month validity for new subscribers and can be bought from dealer here in SG, if that's what you want, though it's riding on Celcom network AFAIK.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.