HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1981Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #6046
Supremacy Member

long period for keeping the sim, but i go JB only for 1 day shopping.

mainly for grab/uber usage.
Right...

Though OneXOX comes with 28-month validity (subject to T&Cs), I'd say not really suitable for your use, I feel.

I'd still suggest going for DiGi Best. A couple of members here have shared a few times how one can maintain the card if you don't want to pay RM108 for 1-year validity (comes with free data fast and slow), or you can check their website on how this plan works. (Grace period for this is... 75 days.)

Offhand, the RM1 300MB daily data will do for your Grab/Uber usage. I've tried their free basic internet to Grab at Bukit Indah before, and couldn't get the app to work quickly enough. So just subscribe and let them deduct the RM1.

Edit:
See the table here http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prep...ife/ta-p/13004
If you buy now, yours will be Digi Prepaid Best 2017, so one method to reactivate the card during its grace period is to subscribe for 1-day Super Long Life (SLL).
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 20-12-2017 at 10:00 AM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #6047

rm1 for 30mb, rm5 for 150mb, overuse is 10 sen per mb...ouch!

while singaporeans are crazy over long active periods, i go for long passive period. cards with long active periods come with a higher cost usually hidden in the data rates.
Not with Onexox. Xox does not have pay per use charges. It is either you keep the data or not use the data. The rest will carry forward without any hidden charges.
FYI guys, Xox is the only Telco that has syariah compliance certificate. Meaning that it doesn't burden users with short validity, and doesn't have any hidden charges.
Simply saying, you can use 500MB/30days for cost of rm2.50 only. The remaining data carries forward to be used in any month. Tell me any telco other than Onexox which have 10gb, that can be seperately activated in 500mb/30days, which lasts for 20month for a single topup.
syedafiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #6048

Great. How do I get it? I stay in Singapore
streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #6049
Supremacy Member

Not with Onexox. Xox does not have pay per use charges. It is either you keep the data or not use the data. The rest will carry forward without any hidden charges.
FYI guys, Xox is the only Telco that has syariah compliance certificate. Meaning that it doesn't burden users with short validity, and doesn't have any hidden charges.
Simply saying, you can use 500MB/30days for cost of rm2.50 only. The remaining data carries forward to be used in any month. Tell me any telco other than Onexox which have 10gb, that can be seperately activated in 500mb/30days, which lasts for 20month for a single topup.
Have you looked into or compared this with Tune Talk's +Vibe?
what88 likes this.
Old 21-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #6050
Arch-Supremacy Member

Right...

Though OneXOX comes with 28-month validity (subject to T&Cs), I'd say not really suitable for your use, I feel.

I'd still suggest going for DiGi Best. A couple of members here have shared a few times how one can maintain the card if you don't want to pay RM108 for 1-year validity (comes with free data fast and slow), or you can check their website on how this plan works. (Grace period for this is... 75 days.)

Offhand, the RM1 300MB daily data will do for your Grab/Uber usage. I've tried their free basic internet to Grab at Bukit Indah before, and couldn't get the app to work quickly enough. So just subscribe and let them deduct the RM1.

Edit:
See the table here http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prep...ife/ta-p/13004
If you buy now, yours will be Digi Prepaid Best 2017, so one method to reactivate the card during its grace period is to subscribe for 1-day Super Long Life (SLL).
I don't understand SLL 1RM ... can explain further?
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #6051
Supremacy Member

I don't understand SLL 1RM ... can explain further?
If my understanding is correct, you will pay RM1 to subscribe 1 day validity, this will re-activate your DIGI mobile line.

1-2 day later, your line will go into passive/grace period of 75 days.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #6052

rm1 for 30mb, rm5 for 150mb, overuse is 10 sen per mb...ouch!

while singaporeans are crazy over long active periods, i go for long passive period. cards with long active periods come with a higher cost usually hidden in the data rates.
Where to get tron sim card? Even in Meleka also cannot get when I went few yrs back
martintylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #6053
Supremacy Member

Where to get tron sim card? Even in Meleka also cannot get when I went few yrs back
I tried sometime in 2015/early 2016 but couldn't find as well. It's a few months before that that I came across some Tron promoters in Jonker pasar malam. By the time I decided to go check out the address that they gave, it wasn't open each time I went around 11am.

It's somewhere behind Makota Plaza area, one of those shophouses.

Otherwise your choice would be going through their website, just need to reload a certain amount of RM. Only one I know of that's willing to mail to SG.
what88 likes this.
Old 23-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #6054

Last time when I went Genting many years back, giving out free
Extremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #6055
Supremacy Member

Last time when I went Genting many years back, giving out free
Yup, to Genting members. But I don't think they do that anymore.
Old 23-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #6056

it seems that starting next year, prepaid sim cards for tourists will expire after 3 months. so if you don't have residence status, you won't be able to maintain a number?

http://m.thesundaily.my/node/489923
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #6057

I tried sometime in 2015/early 2016 but couldn't find as well. It's a few months before that that I came across some Tron promoters in Jonker pasar malam. By the time I decided to go check out the address that they gave, it wasn't open each time I went around 11am.

It's somewhere behind Makota Plaza area, one of those shophouses.

Otherwise your choice would be going through their website, just need to reload a certain amount of RM. Only one I know of that's willing to mail to SG.
ya, think thru mail is the only option now
martintylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 05:18 AM   #6058
Supremacy Member

it seems that starting next year, prepaid sim cards for tourists will expire after 3 months. so if you don't have residence status, you won't be able to maintain a number?

http://m.thesundaily.my/node/489923
I think it applies only to new registrations. For tourists, that is. As in those who (choose) to buy a new SIM pack each time they visit.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #6059
Supremacy Member

ya, think thru mail is the only option now
Someone here has done it before, so you can give it a shot if you're not in a hurry.
Old 25-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #6060
Master Member

hi folks,

i bought the RM20 Digi BEST card, 2gb for 7 days. now left RM4.88 inside, any idea how to prolong the expiry beyond 30days?

theres a RM1 validity extension but for only 1 day.

TIA
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.