Malaysia prepaid card

numzkull

Reaction score
anyone knows how to transfer XOX esim from 1 phone to another? i tried the XOX Self Care but the payment via credit card doesn't seem to go through maybe because i'm using a non-Malaysia issued credit card.

the only other payment option available is bank transfer but i don't have a Malaysia bank account

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend you have data even at the border crossing nowadays, cos the jam can be long, maybe they want to check vax status etc.
If you intend to get SIM card after crossing into Malaysia, can consider activating your SG telco data plan as a one-off.
I purchased my XOX eSIM in the comfort of my SG home.
sorry noob qtn, how do we use esim?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My oneXOX eSIM was suspended recently without any warning. According to phelio, the seller, XOX have been checking on eSIM users lately. I was told to furnish passport copy and a billing address. Malaysian hotel address with a room number (for tourists) or any relative/family/friend address in Malaysia.

According to phelio, for the malaysian address, the hotel receipt should be provided to them.

So do not rely on this card 100%.
Does normal sim card user affected? I just bought my OneXOX over the weekend at KSL for 100rm.....
10GB for 1 month and another 10GB for 28 months validity.
The dealer ask me so I wish to change to esim and I told him that I will be changing phone, den he told me after change can find him to convert at 10 rm fees and need ewallet or something which I don't remember.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those on OneXOX, do be aware of this:

Please be informed for that for any accidental profile delete or switch of eSIM device will require SIM replacement treatment (RM10) for you to re-install the eSIM profile into your device. Kindly proceed to do eSIM replacement at here; XOX SELFCARE (https://xox.com.my/selfcare/home).

I am not sure if other Telco eSIM have such fees. I rather have physical sim seriously.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please be informed for that for any accidental profile delete or switch of eSIM device will require SIM replacement treatment (RM10) for you to re-install the eSIM profile into your device. Kindly proceed to do eSIM replacement at here; XOX SELFCARE (https://xox.com.my/selfcare/home).

I am not sure if other Telco eSIM have such fees. I rather have physical sim seriously.
If you're referring to having to pay for SIM card replacement, should you need another QR code for your eSIM due to resetting, clearing, or changing of device, yes. I know TuneTalk charges that, as I confirmed when I first got their eSIM. Pretty sure Digi does too...

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Afaik all other telcos including sg like m1 who offer esim have this fee.
I’m using iPhone so no extra slot for physical sim. And I’m happy with esim actually. Can have up to 8 esims on the phone at anytime.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Afaik all other telcos including sg like m1 who offer esim have this fee.
I’m using iPhone so no extra slot for physical sim. And I’m happy with esim actually. Can have up to 8 esims on the phone at anytime.
ya esim just turn off turn on.. so much better then changing the card..

Innocuous*

Reaction score
Does normal sim card user affected? I just bought my OneXOX over the weekend at KSL for 100rm.....
10GB for 1 month and another 10GB for 28 months validity.
The dealer ask me so I wish to change to esim and I told him that I will be changing phone, den he told me after change can find him to convert at 10 rm fees and need ewallet or something which I don't remember.
SG selling at S$20 only. IIRC when I went to KL in May 2022, I saw their store at Sunway Velocity selling at half the price that I bought.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.0LcVo

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but 28 months for only 20sgd is still a pretty good deal.. coz if each time go in get new card the cost also add up

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but 28 months for only 20sgd is still a pretty good deal.. coz if each time go in get new card the cost also add up
Who still buys a new prepaid SIM card for each visit these days, unless you're referring to twice yearly visits? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.