Malaysia prepaid card

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought onexox sim from shopee? Recently, I bought onexox postpaid card from shopee with monthly subscription 10rm. The seller said we can register the address using the hotel address, but seller message me that now cannot use hotel address to register the sim account, if not the telco will ban the line. They give me a Malaysia address to help in my registration of the line. But, if I use the address they gave me is it legal? I don't think so, right?

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but 28 months for only 20sgd is still a pretty good deal.. coz if each time go in get new card the cost also add up

I'm using Digi Prepaid "Live". RM 5 per topup using the scratch kad, validity 90 days. Nearing expiry, I use RM1 credit to extend validity by another 90 days. So the RM5 can last 90 x5 days, thats SGD 1.70 for 15 month validity

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Digi Prepaid "Live". RM 5 per topup using the scratch kad, validity 90 days. Nearing expiry, I use RM1 credit to extend validity by another 90 days. So the RM5 can last 90 x5 days, thats SGD 1.70 for 15 month validity
i heard my malaysia colleague about this but when i go to the digi shop to ask they said dont know no such thing... so in the end i had to op for something...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya i reached jb about 10+ - 11+ already long q at the booths one..
I don't know about the rest, but that Hotlink shop in JB Sentral that's next to the Point Mart has staff (normally at least 3 are around) who're experienced and chop chop can get registration done very quickly. There're at least 3 other Hotlink (and other prepaid) dealers there alone.

Digi Shop guy told me they don't carry the scratch cards, told me to go buy from 7-11
That's the reload card? That Digi Shop you went would be just one of their dealer shop, they may or may not stock them, as they don't rely on only selling prepaid SIM packs. Reload cards can easily be bought from the likes of convenience stores like 7-Eleven, MyNews, etc. If in JB Sentral lagi easy coz I've bought from a couple of those Indian dealer booths.

Last edited:

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest, but that Hotlink shop in JB Sentral that's near to the KK Mart has experienced staff (normally at least 3 are around) who're experienced and chop chop can get registration done very quickly. There're at least 3 other Hotlink (and other prepaid) dealers there alone.

That's the reload card? That Digi Shop you went would be just one of their dealer shop, they may or may not stock them, as they don't rely on only selling prepaid SIM packs. Reload cards can easily be bought from the likes of convenience stores like 7-Eleven, MyNews, etc. If in JB Sentral lagi easy coz I've bought from a couple of those Indian dealer booths.
ok then if i go to booths there can apply for one? or the shop at sq? just in case my xox fails i know where to go

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok then if i go to booths there can apply for one? or the shop at sq? just in case my xox fails i know where to go
From what I've asked/experienced, those shops normally offer 30-day validity type of package. I also noticed they didn't seem to have the Pantas plan, instead had the Unlimited Data one instead.

With a couple of booths and shop in JB Sentral, they've the Pantas plan and also option to get the 365-day validity extension if you choose not to have their standard/popular RM75 package. From that Hotlink shop I mentioned, I chose a smaller data pack choice.

The above is for Hotlink. For Digi... I'm not sure what plans they're offering these days.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
Thks for the advice on hotlink pantas

I got 1 at paradigm.

sim card is rm10 with rm5 credit
topup rm60 via cash with a machine
within the maxis shop
thru the hotlink app, used rm30 for 365 validity and rm30 for 20gb data

all in is rm70. do note that there's a 6% tax involved so topup rm60, u r credited with less than rm60 ard rm56.4 credited

Sent from somewhere out there

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.