HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1979Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #6061

hi folks,

i bought the RM20 Digi BEST card, 2gb for 7 days. now left RM4.88 inside, any idea how to prolong the expiry beyond 30days?

theres a RM1 validity extension but for only 1 day.

TIA
you plan to stay in malaysia for 30 days in a row?
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #6062
Master Member

you plan to stay in malaysia for 30 days in a row?
nope. just thinking how to extend validity (i.e. top up rm10? using the same card the nxt time i go, instead of buying a new card again next time at rm20)
Old 26-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #6063

nope. just thinking how to extend validity (i.e. top up rm10? using the same card the nxt time i go, instead of buying a new card again next time at rm20)
for every prepaid, after credit validity expires, you will be given a grace of x number of days to topup to keep your card (or number). all prepaids in the world work the same way.

it has been discussed in detail many times in this thread. please go back a few posts and read.
Old 26-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #6064
Supremacy Member

Yup, someone (or two) already explained in detail before, if you go check it out.

However, as I've some time in hand at the moment, I shall do it briefly:

DiGi Prepaid Best 2017?

For every prepaid card, there's the Active Period, Grace Period, Termination.

When your card is Active, you can do incoming & outgoing calls and text, and use the Internet. Once it goes into Grace Period (75 days for DiGi Best), you can only receive calls and SMS. Once it's Terminated, you'll have to go buy a new SIM pack.

During the grace period (to reactivate the card), you can either top-up or use the Extend Validity function found in the app (I think there's this option via USSD code, but you'll have to go find it as I'm too used to using the MyDigi app). I'm not sure if this function differs with the various DiGi Best versions, though. Mine also shows a 30-day option, but note that your credit balance has to be higher than the respective costs in order to see the available options.

If you choose to top up, the minimum top-up voucher is RM5 with validity well over YR2020 so you can get a few to keep.

Anyway, after the card is reactivated, the grace period will reset to 75 days once again.

I've to rush off, so E&OE... check their website for details/confirmation of information.

(Oh, if you don't want to bother about keeping track of the various stages of expiration, you can also choose to pay RM108 (for 2016 and 2017 versions) for 365-day validity. Personal choice.)
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 26-12-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #6065
Supremacy Member

DiGi Best (and LIVE) Prepaid - Super Long Life (Validity Extension)

Check out this table here for the various costs and eligibility of DiGi's Super Long Life (SLL) option.

One reason why I told my friends not to be too hasty in throwing away a SIM card, thinking of buying a new one the next time. If you noticed, the costs of SLL are higher for the newer versions. A friend gave up a New Best v1 card, then bought a 2016 version and recently paid RM108 (instead of RM38) for SLL.

Note that this is only an option, as you can choose to do it the other way of constantly topping up (or activating shorter extensions) while watching not to exceed the grace periods. Personal choice.

Another friend bought a 2016 version earlier this year, and paid RM68 for SLL. Price went up to RM108 within a few weeks and he said he's going to give it up. Now he's changed his mind and planning to pay RM108 for another year. Like I said, it depends on your needs and wants.

The 2017 version comes with free basic internet and if I'm not mistaken, also free fast internet during certain hours...?
Old 26-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #6066
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi folks, I've searched the thread and found at least a few dozens comments on which card to buy.

Basically, I need a SIM card that provide me with data (3 days) on my way to Malacca.

Where can I buy the SIM card in JB City Square (using a Xiaomi Note 4x as router)?

Thanks!
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #6067
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi folks, I've searched the thread and found at least a few dozens comments on which card to buy.

Basically, I need a SIM card that provide me with data (3 days) on my way to Malacca.

Where can I buy the SIM card in JB City Square (using a Xiaomi Note 4x as router)?

Thanks!
Good to get RM20 Digi BEST card, 2gb for 7 days in City Square?
Old 26-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #6068
Supremacy Member

For the convenience, I don't see why not.

One thing you should take note though, is how long will you be given to use the 2GB data. Take into account the day you buy the card and the 3 days you'll be using it in Melaka - are these within those 7 days?
what88 likes this.
Old 26-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #6069
Supremacy Member

If possible, top up the card but don't buy the 2GB for 7 days plan.

Starter pack come with preloaded 300MB for 7 days; if not enough, can spend RM1/day on IDD and enjoy FREE 1GB high-speed Internet for the rest of the day.

OR you can get those one time 1 day plan via their mobile app; either RM1 for 300MB or RM3 for 1GB +1GB (1pm-7pm) depends on your usage.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #6070

Starter pack come with preloaded 300MB for 7 days; if not enough, can spend RM1/day on IDD and enjoy FREE 1GB high-speed Internet for the rest of the day.

OR you can get those one time 1 day plan via their mobile app; either RM1 for 300MB or RM3 for 1GB +1GB (1pm-7pm) depends on your usage.
Yes, ditto the RM1 IDD call for 1GB of data.

There's an alternative that I love to use (just plainly for convenience) if I am there >3 days: RM10 (7 Days, 1.5GB Quota).

In addition to that, enjoy 1GB everyday from 1pm-7pm and another 1GB from 12am-8am (only for Digi Best plans - this is available as long as your card is active - there's no need to subscribe to internet at all). In other words, your 1.5GB Quota will only be used between 8am-1pm, 7pm-12am.

However, if you're looking for value, the RM1 IDD call would be a better choice.
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #6071
Master Member

Yup, someone (or two) already explained in detail before, if you go check it out.

However, as I've some time in hand at the moment, I shall do it briefly:

DiGi Prepaid Best 2017?

For every prepaid card, there's the Active Period, Grace Period, Termination.

When your card is Active, you can do incoming & outgoing calls and text, and use the Internet. Once it goes into Grace Period (75 days for DiGi Best), you can only receive calls and SMS. Once it's Terminated, you'll have to go buy a new SIM pack.

During the grace period (to reactivate the card), you can either top-up or use the Extend Validity function found in the app (I think there's this option via USSD code, but you'll have to go find it as I'm too used to using the MyDigi app). I'm not sure if this function differs with the various DiGi Best versions, though. Mine also shows a 30-day option, but note that your credit balance has to be higher than the respective costs in order to see the available options.

If you choose to top up, the minimum top-up voucher is RM5 with validity well over YR2020 so you can get a few to keep.

Anyway, after the card is reactivated, the grace period will reset to 75 days once again.

I've to rush off, so E&OE... check their website for details/confirmation of information.

(Oh, if you don't want to bother about keeping track of the various stages of expiration, you can also choose to pay RM108 (for 2016 and 2017 versions) for 365-day validity. Personal choice.)
thanks a lot bro, really helps. maybe the admin should sticky this post and the one after, as it has the most updated info.. i tried reading a few threads back but got lost in complexity.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #6072

been using my TRON prepaid simcard for a few years and thinking of changing.
I will need long validity, data and local/overseas call, is OneXOX the preferred choice?
Aresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #6073

Which is better in terms of connectivity? Hotlink or Digi?
dreamer_jul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #6074

been using my TRON prepaid simcard for a few years and thinking of changing.
I will need long validity, data and local/overseas call, is OneXOX the preferred choice?
you better wait and see first.

starting next year, the longest life a tourist can get on a malaysian prepaid will be limited to 3 months.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #6075
Arch-Supremacy Member

Top up before trip then consume the credits along the way?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.