HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1979Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #6106
Supremacy Member

live has free 10gb high speed internet.

best need that $1 and a bunch of thing and 1gb internet only?

or i read wrong
At a glance here, it looks like Live is more for video and music (that's what the free 10GB is for) compared to Best.

To see exactly what else is different, you'll have to read into other information on their website including the Notes and Frequently Asked Questions (links towards the end of the page).
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #6107

Hi, not sure if stupid question but...

To buy prepaid card at Malaysia (example in City Square Digi), do I need to give them my passport / NRIC? Is it safe / reliable to let them have that information?
speedy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #6108
Supremacy Member

Hi, not sure if stupid question but...

To buy prepaid card at Malaysia (example in City Square Digi), do I need to give them my passport / NRIC? Is it safe / reliable to let them have that information?
It's mandatory that foreigners are to present our passport for registration of such prepaid cards. In fact, someone has just posted a link not long ago about their authorities planning to tighten the rules this year. Should be just a couple of pages back at most.

I've over 10 cards registered with my passport over the years, *touch wood* so far nothing strange has happened. I do occasionally log into my accounts to check for irregularities, though.
what88 likes this.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #6109
Supremacy Member

At a glance here, it looks like Live is more for video and music (that's what the free 10GB is for) compared to Best.

To see exactly what else is different, you'll have to read into other information on their website including the Notes and Frequently Asked Questions (links towards the end of the page).
if use mostly for mobile data and v little calls/sms, live would be the choice right?
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:52 AM   #6110
Supremacy Member

if use mostly for mobile data and v little calls/sms, live would be the choice right?
Just for curiosity sake, what comparison did you do to say that?

TBH, I can't remember what I did, but I mainly do surfing (as opposed to music/video) plus minimum calls/text, and I chose Best (I think mainly due to the 365-days SLL validity extension).

Have hardly been looking/comparing the 2 for a long while already.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #6111

I use RedONE while in Malaysia. It's super cheap, and I've been using their prepaid cards for the past 3 years, so far *touch wood* nothing bad has happened....
Habrosus likes this.
Parmesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #6112
Supremacy Member

Just for curiosity sake, what comparison did you do to say that?

TBH, I can't remember what I did, but I mainly do surfing (as opposed to music/video) plus minimum calls/text, and I chose Best (I think mainly due to the 365-days SLL validity extension).

Have hardly been looking/comparing the 2 for a long while already.
I mainly is see the mobile data component.
Live has 10gb for vid streaming etc.
Best need dont know what idd dunno wat rm1 a day for free 1gb among other stuff i dont really understand.

Calls and sms live is more exp than best.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #6113

My hotlink is inactive.. is the only choice to top up 10rm to activate it? Very lost. Hahaha.
ly66844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #6114
Supremacy Member

My hotlink is inactive.. is the only choice to top up 10rm to activate it? Very lost. Hahaha.
Yup if your hotlink is still in its grace period...
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #6115

My friend is using Hotlink, she bought the prepaid card two years ago. She will TOP up the card every mth using those strip type scratch card , to keep it alive . When she go JB she will buy the internet, fast speed type but it's still very slow. Cannot even access FB.
Any advice for her? Thanks.
oscarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #6116
Supremacy Member

My friend is using Hotlink, she bought the prepaid card two years ago. She will TOP up the card every mth using those strip type scratch card , to keep it alive . When she go JB she will buy the internet, fast speed type but it's still very slow. Cannot even access FB.
May be her card is still using 3G network, time to change.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #6117
Supremacy Member

End up buy hotlink.

Store owner say rm10 for sim card, another rm10 for 1gb data for 5days.

Dunno kena scam anot lolol
Old 08-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #6118
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok after my trip, i might have gotten scam by the DIGI sales person.

She said RM20 for 2gb 2weeks + 10RM credit. <--- seems like a good deal since im only here for 3days, and the other plans were inflated and i don't require that much data...

So on DIGI's website (http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live), if u get this you will only pay RM8.00(incl. GST) comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days) HIGH SPEED INTERNET<--- after 300MB, u will have internet but low speed!
• Pack validity: 5 days

The RM5 credit can be used to subscribe for the Internet One Time Pass(RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on social media// RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on Media streaming sites)

SO THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR MY SINGAPOREAN DWELLERS!(IF AND ONLY IF you are here for 1-3days!) just have to pay RM8!!!

(WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE ONLY THERE FOR 1-3DAYS!)

PRO: value for money
CON: hard to find this prepaid card too cause normally shops will wan you to buy their upgraded version(EG:RM20 for more credit--->they know you wont use those credits also so they earn Etc)

LOOK AT THE LINK I FOUND: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans
That time those phone people scam us sayingg RM30 for simcard and data... I was like wtf. it was not that ex a month ago.
duhduhduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #6119

That time those phone people scam us sayingg RM30 for I simcard and data... I was like wtf. it was not that ex a month ago.
Its only 8rm. But so far didn't find any in jb city square or jbcc area. They think we r carrots lol.
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:34 AM   #6120
Supremacy Member

What phone is your friend using? Has she been experiencing "very slow" network all these 2 years?

My advice is to contact Maxis/Hotlink customer service.
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.