HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1981Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #6121

End up buy hotlink.

Store owner say rm10 for sim card, another rm10 for 1gb data for 5days.

Dunno kena scam anot lolol
seller didn't tell you new card comes with free data and credit?
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #6122

What phone is your friend using? Has she been experiencing "very slow" network all these 2 years?

My advice is to contact Maxis/Hotlink customer service.
She is using Xiaomi Redmi..Maybe too old and slow. LOL. She can't remember was it so slow before.
oscarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:09 AM   #6123
Supremacy Member

seller didn't tell you new card comes with free data and credit?
Go n tell me simi rm10 is sim card cost. Need topup rm10 for rm5 credit n data lol.

Here all maxis only. Almost no digi
razorlala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #6124
Supremacy Member

Those dealers are trying to earn some extras to pay towards their overheads like rental and salaries. If you guys feel that's unfair, just head for other places like news stands and telco centers to buy your SIM packs.

If you feel heading elsewhere is waste of time and/or money, just get from those dealers.

Do your own maths and figure out how much credit balance and data you need, then decide where is best for yourselves.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:12 AM   #6125
Supremacy Member

She is using Xiaomi Redmi..Maybe too old and slow. LOL. She can't remember was it so slow before.
You got it.

"Maybe too old and slow..." "She can't remember..."

Check the network with proper devices and at proper places, then head for customer service if nothing works. As another member has mentioned earlier, hers might not even be a 4G-capable SIM card too.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #6126

My friend is using Hotlink, she bought the prepaid card two years ago. She will TOP up the card every mth using those strip type scratch card , to keep it alive . When she go JB she will buy the internet, fast speed type but it's still very slow. Cannot even access FB.
Any advice for her? Thanks.
is she using the sim card directly on her phone or on a mifi?

after hotlink rolled out unlimited facebook and instagram, access to these sites is blocked when tethered.
Old 19-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #6127

hotlink fast discontinued starting today. no more free data on weekends if you buy hotlink cards now.
Old 19-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #6128

Ya I kena last week in KL. But still can tether n use other app.

hotlink fast discontinued starting today. no more free data on weekends if you buy hotlink cards now.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #6129
Supremacy Member

Looks like it's now the Hotlink RED plan? RM10

Your Hotlink RED pack will also come with :-
FREE Basic Internet
300MB 3G/4G Internet (valid for 2 days)
RM 5 Credit (valid for 5 days)
Call: 15sen/30 sec (all local network)
SMS: 15sen/sms (all local network)

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/red.html
what88 likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #6130
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Even better reason to keep the hotlink fast card alive as long as possible. If not for the free weekend , would have jump to Digi or Celcom.
Old 20-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #6131
Master Member

I’m going JB next week. Looking for a 2 days SIM card which allow me to access internet to made grab/uber. Other than that not much I will be using.
Can share the deals available?
ducky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:50 AM   #6132

How long before the cards expire? Need to top up regularly?
Bravo8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #6133
Supremacy Member

How long before the cards expire? Need to top up regularly?
Different telcos, different terms. I'd suggest you check the respective websites for details.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #6134
Supremacy Member

Go n tell me simi rm10 is sim card cost. Need topup rm10 for rm5 credit n data lol.

Here all maxis only. Almost no digi
Where was this "here" that only has Maxis? "Almost no DiGi" means there's DiGi, actually?

DiGi is very (if not the most) popular especially in Johor. If you see somewhere with dealer shops, more often than not there will be one, if not more DiGi dealers.

Existing Hotlink FAST users will still continue to have their freebies, unless they choose to "upgrade" to the latest plan.

Hotlink, as well as the other telcos, tend to come up with new plans without any warning. Like this one, we wouldn't have known if you didn't post this.

This is one reason why I don't encourage anyone to "use and throw, buy new one" unless it's someone who claim not to want to visit anymore, or doesn't care about what (else) the new card offers, or can well afford the time. If the offers in a particular plan suits the user's needs, what's the occasion RM5 top-up and some effort to monitor the validity? Or even the optional (payable) validity extension if that person doesn't want to make the effort to monitor?

Anyway, this new RED pass looks like something for someone with lots of time spent on social media and in social apps...
what88 likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 12:40 PM   #6135

Existing Hotlink FAST users will still continue to have their freebies, unless they choose to "upgrade" to the latest plan.

Hotlink, as well as the other telcos, tend to come up with new plans without any warning. Like this one, we wouldn't have known if you didn't post this.

This is one reason why I don't encourage anyone to "use and throw, buy new one" unless it's someone who claim not to want to visit anymore, or doesn't care about what (else) the new card offers, or can well afford the time. If the offers in a particular plan suits the user's needs, what's the occasion RM5 top-up and some effort to monitor the validity? Or even the optional (payable) validity extension if that person doesn't want to make the effort to monitor?
malaysian telcos change their offerings all the time. nothing is permanent. "use and throw" makes a lot of sense when a new sim card gives you a lot of freebies. it still makes sense to singaporeans who visit malaysia once in a blue moon and those really suaku ones who will using prepaid for the first time in their lives.
managing and keeping alive a malaysian prepaid will be too daunting to them. remember a poster who topped up his hotlink till rm100 and let the number die? imaging buying extended validity at rm38, rm96 or rm108? but to someone who visits malaysia once or twice in a year? ouch! all for the sake of free weekend data? double ouch! for rm100, you can buy a new sim cards with rm10 reload for 5 times and good for 5 trips. even using singapore prepaid card and paying $5 (after discount can be as low as $3) per 1gb can be a better proposition.

so what hotlink pulled the free weekend data? i was getting frustrated with the spotty 4g coverage along the ns highway, and for the past 3 years, maxis didn't bother to upgrade.

no more hotlink fast? move on, there are still other good offerings out there.
what88 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.