HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2019Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #6136
Supremacy Member

so what hotlink pulled the free weekend data? i was getting frustrated with the spotty 4g coverage along the ns highway, and for the past 3 years, maxis didn't bother to upgrade.

So they're getting complacent like our ST?

Another economical way to use data in MY would be from an M Card prepaid card from M1. I love that we can use the existing subscribed data in a few other countries, without any extra charge. Too bad they've taken away the stackable data/validity thingy (can't remember what/which), though. Of course, it's for people who are already using the M Card here.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #6137
AS1
High Supremacy Member

could be your sim card got problem? I have been watching YouTube up and down the NS highway without any problem. hotlink fast user here. furthest north i have been is Penang. More than that i fly.
Habrosus likes this.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #6138
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where was this "here" that only has Maxis? "Almost no DiGi" means there's DiGi, actually?

DiGi is very (if not the most) popular especially in Johor. If you see somewhere with dealer shops, more often than not there will be one, if not more DiGi dealers.

Existing Hotlink FAST users will still continue to have their freebies, unless they choose to "upgrade" to the latest plan.

Hotlink, as well as the other telcos, tend to come up with new plans without any warning. Like this one, we wouldn't have known if you didn't post this.

This is one reason why I don't encourage anyone to "use and throw, buy new one" unless it's someone who claim not to want to visit anymore, or doesn't care about what (else) the new card offers, or can well afford the time. If the offers in a particular plan suits the user's needs, what's the occasion RM5 top-up and some effort to monitor the validity? Or even the optional (payable) validity extension if that person doesn't want to make the effort to monitor?

Anyway, this new RED pass looks like something for someone with lots of time spent on social media and in social apps...
malaka see almost all is maxis/hotlink. digi is rare in comparison
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #6139
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its only 8rm. But so far didn't find any in jb city square or jbcc area. They think we r carrots lol.
I went digi store also say must top up. I don't mind topping up but the ****er went to subscribe a one month plan for me. Cb pu bor. Wanted to keep and slowly use one.
geekboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #6140
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, ditto the RM1 IDD call for 1GB of data.

There's an alternative that I love to use (just plainly for convenience) if I am there >3 days: RM10 (7 Days, 1.5GB Quota).

In addition to that, enjoy 1GB everyday from 1pm-7pm and another 1GB from 12am-8am (only for Digi Best plans - this is available as long as your card is active - there's no need to subscribe to internet at all). In other words, your 1.5GB Quota will only be used between 8am-1pm, 7pm-12am.

However, if you're looking for value, the RM1 IDD call would be a better choice.
Anyone can share how to activate the IDD call? Can't find the option in the app.
geekboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:50 PM   #6141
Supremacy Member

malaka see almost all is maxis/hotlink. digi is rare in comparison
Digi Center on the left of Mahkota Parade mall, somewhere across the road from Dataran Pahlawan's McDonald's. Retailer on the ground floor of Mahkota Parade mall.

I normally head for the Center if it's nearby, as most dealers add "extras" to their SIM packs.

Maxis Center is also in Mahkota Parade mall.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #6142
Arch-Supremacy Member

Digi Center on the left of Mahkota Parade mall, somewhere across the road from Dataran Pahlawan's McDonald's. Retailer on the ground floor of Mahkota Parade mall.

I normally head for the Center if it's nearby, as most dealers add "extras" to their SIM packs.

Maxis Center is also in Mahkota Parade mall.
my hotel at hatten. that area hard to find digi i visit the malls around hardly see them also. almost all redlink
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 04:05 AM   #6143
AS1
High Supremacy Member

I just go 7-11 or convenience store there to top up. Their system allows top up for just about all prepaid simcards. Aeon malls customer service also can do as well as Tesco.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #6144
Supremacy Member

my hotel at hatten. that area hard to find digi i visit the malls around hardly see them also. almost all redlink
Aiyoh, from my hotel near Jonker Street, I normally walk to Digi Center which is further up the street on the left of your hotel (yellow building, hard to miss), then to Mahkota Parade mall which is next to Hatten. If I've to visit Celcom Center, it's right in front of that block on the right of Hatten.

At these 3 centers, SIM packs are sold at their published prices (no extras necessary). At that time when 4G just started, these places were where I changed to 4G-enabled SIM cards when I was in Melaka, and also to Nano SIM when I changed phones. If you've any doubt or problem with your SIM card, best places to settle it hassle-free.

You should have posted here while you're in Melaka, then easily gone to Digi Center. I got my second Digi Best card from there.
what88 likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #6145
Supremacy Member

Aiyoh, from my hotel near Jonker Street, I normally walk to Digi Center which is further up the street on the left of your hotel (yellow building, hard to miss), then to Mahkota Parade mall which is next to Hatten. If I've to visit Celcom Center, it's right in front of that block on the right of Hatten.

At these 3 centers, SIM packs are sold at their published prices (no extras necessary). At that time when 4G just started, these places were where I changed to 4G-enabled SIM cards when I was in Melaka, and also to Nano SIM when I changed phones. If you've any doubt or problem with your SIM card, best places to settle it hassle-free.

You should have posted here while you're in Melaka, then easily gone to Digi Center. I got my second Digi Best card from there.
I was thinking how to upgrade my current Tunetalk to 4G LTE SIM card...
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #6146
Supremacy Member

I was thinking how to upgrade my current Tunetalk to 4G LTE SIM card...
I've spoken to that dealer in Mahkota Parade about it before, he said he can do it (got to buy new SIM from him, similar to having to get new SIM from TT if you do direct, but since they don't mail here...)

... IIRC he'll do the application and TT will process it, sort of like number-porting...? Your new SIM will initially have the original number, then switches to your own number when the process is done. Of course, you've to make sure that your particulars used to register your original account have to be accurate, which can actually be found online when you log in. (This might mean having to bring your old passport along...)

But yes, the primary "concern" is having to get hold of that new SIM card, and it's not that easy in JB. Why I like being in Melaka...
what88 likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #6147
Supremacy Member

I've spoken to that dealer in Mahkota Parade about it before, he said he can do it (got to buy new SIM from him, similar to having to get new SIM from TT if you do direct, but since they don't mail here...)

... IIRC he'll do the application and TT will process it, sort of like number-porting...? Your new SIM will initially have the original number, then switches to your own number when the process is done. Of course, you've to make sure that your particulars used to register your original account have to be accurate, which can actually be found online when you log in. (This might mean having to bring your old passport along...)

But yes, the primary "concern" is having to get hold of that new SIM card, and it's not that easy in JB. Why I like being in Melaka...
I see, thanks for the info.

Last time my TT card was registered under my NRIC but with wrong birthday date..

Checked and found out 4G LTE card can done by top up RM30 via their website but the only problem I have now is the next day verification process.

Think get a new SIM will be much easier.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #6148
Supremacy Member

Think get a new SIM will be much easier.
IIRC, that's what I did.

Bought my initial card from the Dataran Pahlawan dealer and when I saw 4G cards at the Mahkota Parade one on a different visit, I asked about the SIM card upgrading process. I remember having bought 2 cards from the latter.

I must have given up on that first card since I can't remember the number today.
what88 likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #6149
Master Member

IIRC, that's what I did.

Bought my initial card from the Dataran Pahlawan dealer and when I saw 4G cards at the Mahkota Parade one on a different visit, I asked about the SIM card upgrading process. I remember having bought 2 cards from the latter.

I must have given up on that first card since I can't remember the number today.
now i really wonder how many sim card do you have?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #6150
Master Member

Im going to JB tmr and i need a data Sim Card to book Grab Car,

i think i may need calling and data function for the Grab car in JB from 9am to 12 midnight

maybe simple surfing facebook and messaging whatsapp (no video playing)

can i know if Digi Prepaid Live is more suitable or Digi Prepaid Best? Is this only 8RM nett? Can i get it anywhere near CitySquare mall?

anyone can advise? thanks!

Edit: do they really sell the Hotlink 1 day pass for only RM$3?
https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/red.html

Will they say sim card/ registration is additional cost? Got Any hotlink ard City square?

Last edited by tiertime; 21-01-2018 at 06:37 PM..
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.