HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1998Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 02:34 AM   #6196
Supremacy Member

Just wondering why u guys buy the Malaysia sims when the validity period is so short. Eg most starter packs gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day deactive (non-active) period. And extend validity is like 30rm / $10 for 30 days.

Are there sims with longer validity or is there any way to extend long validity?
cause for a couple of dollars unlocks savings that is many times what you spent.
aside from the features the internet offers

taxi easily rm10~20. uber/grab so much cheaper.
razorlala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #6197

Just wondering why u guys buy the Malaysia sims when the validity period is so short. Eg most starter packs gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day deactive (non-active) period. And extend validity is like 30rm / $10 for 30 days.

Are there sims with longer validity or is there any way to extend long validity?
why do you need 30 days validity? are you staying in malaysia for 30 days in a row?
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:45 AM   #6198

They might have sold you a different package. The correct RM$10/= package should show this

Got scammed by the store at the jb customs bus terminal. Please be ware when buying from them prepaid card.

They sold me hotlink SIM card and implied it came with 1.5gb data and 8.7gb Facebook data and 5rm credits that last 7 days and showed me the red app with the total amount of 5rm credit with 10.3gb data. Lies

It was my first time buying a overseas prepaid Sim and I realised that I could click the data and it expanded to what’s the allocated rate of data.

It was only the starter pack with 300mb that expires in 2 days that retails for 10rm.

Paying 10rm more is ard $3+ and not a lot, I wouldn’t be that angry if he told me it was the starter pack with what it had but he lied and I fking hate scammers.
pcuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:14 AM   #6199
Supremacy Member

They might have sold you a different package. The correct RM$10/= package should show this
If you guys have bought your SIM pack only recently, there's only 1 type and it's the Hotlink RED plan.

Hotlink switched from FAST to RED not that long ago, and if yours was activated after the switch, click on the link to view the details.

Also:
"Enjoy FREE NON-STOP INTERNET (social or chat) with purchase of any internet pass.
Redeem your FREE NON-STOP INTERNET (social or chat) via the RED App
Free RED Non-Stop Chat OR Free RED Non-Stop Social"

The Settings tab on your app should show the type of plan you're on.
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 04-02-2018 at 04:21 AM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #6200

Yes that was what I thought I bought and the store abnn told me I bought but no I found out I only bought the starter pack. The abnn showed me I had 10.3gb data and told me 8.7gb was for Facebook and 1.5gb was internet. My Friend was there also heard what he said.

Be careful when buying SIM card in Malaysia guys. I think only 711 and registered stores can trust
VideoGameKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:25 AM   #6201
AS1
High Supremacy Member

The free weekend data still works for those who havent change to Hotlink Red and are still on Hotlink Flash.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 26-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #6202

Anybody has issues topping up credit into Digi yellow sim card using SG CC? I cant seemed to be able to top up mine recently
moveman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #6203

Anybody has issues topping up credit into Digi yellow sim card using SG CC? I cant seemed to be able to top up mine recently
most malaysian telcos don't accept non-malaysian cards. which topup channel did you use?
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #6204

most malaysian telcos don't accept non-malaysian cards. which topup channel did you use?
Someone here suggested using e-pay

I have been using it to top up my Umobile using SG CC. no issue. being using it for more than a year. Something like topping up at least once a month. Try it yourself below

https://www.e-pay.com.my/shop/category/1/mobile-reload
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #6205
Supremacy Member

I use the onexox which rides on the celcom network. Got 2 sims, 1 for myself and one for family members usage. 28 months validity. I just buy data package and store it. When needed just activate it.

In STOCK Huawei E5573Cs-609 MiFi $55/Smartpac PM me
acidcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 05:59 AM   #6206
Supremacy Member

my SG CC dont work too, although OTP was generated

then i found out they sell those top-up coupons @ RM5/ days each. you scratch off the coupons and dial in to top up. this is cheaper than the minimum RM10 online topup

bought them at the "Digi Store Express"
Garlic & Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #6207
Supremacy Member

https://www.e-pay.com.my/shop/category/1/mobile-reload

ePay is an alternative to buying those reload vouchers (scratch to reveal PIN) while across the causeway.

With ePay, you can use SG credit card to pay, and do it at your convenience even when you're at home.

RM5 is the minimum amount.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #6208
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where can I get the card in Singapore ?
sick_and_tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:14 PM   #6209
Master Member

Just came back from JB , from the linkbridge to City Square has ard 7-8 Telco/Stalls but all are marked up to up to RM20-40+ (actual selling price shd be RM10)

Valid for Malaysian IC only, have to do own registration (DIGI) :
TESCO Extra @ Mutiara Rini is selling for RM10 2GB for 7 days can use for calls

Valid for foreigners, shop will help you register with passport (XPAC) :
TESCO Extra @ Tebrau City (just beside the Jusco building) got a young chinese boy in a stall in the middle of the Tesco there selling prepaid sim pack for RM10 for 3GB , validity 7 days, can use for calls also...
View Photos: https://imgur.com/a/gPKqD

too bad cannot buy in advance and cannot register/ activate card ourselves.. he has to do it for us...

Is there any similar stalls selling RM10 for the prepaid sim card pack within walking distance from the custom?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #6210
Master Member

Got scammed by the store at the jb customs bus terminal. Please be ware when buying from them prepaid card.

They sold me hotlink SIM card and implied it came with 1.5gb data and 8.7gb Facebook data and 5rm credits that last 7 days and showed me the red app with the total amount of 5rm credit with 10.3gb data. Lies

It was my first time buying a overseas prepaid Sim and I realised that I could click the data and it expanded to what’s the allocated rate of data.
It was only the starter pack with 300mb that expires in 2 days that retails for 10rm.

Paying 10rm more is ard $3+ and not a lot, I wouldn’t be that angry if he told me it was the starter pack with what it had but he lied and I fking hate scammers.

I just happen to read this website that states we shd not let the shop take photo of our passport when buying the prepaid sim Card:
http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.sg/2...-malaysia.html

i bought from the most crowded indian shop from the JB Custom Linkbridge ,
For Malaysia IC, he gave them DIGI sim card (with packaging)
For singaporean passport, he gave us RED sim card (without packaging)

He charged us RM20 And took photo of our passport... what will they do with it?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.