HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1972Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #6511
Supremacy Member

Hi, I always go to Jb almost once every week and need data only. Finding a long term prepaid sim card so that i do not have to keep buying new sim. Anyone can introduce to me? Thanks
Go for TRON, 1 year extension per top up (minimum RM10).
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 09:44 PM   #6512
Supremacy Member

http://www.tron.com.my/tron-lite-sim/how-it-works/

Anyone on TRON needs a reload?

Have about RM80+ to transfer out and I will absorb the service charge fee.
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #6513
Supremacy Member

Hi, I always go to Jb almost once every week and need data only. Finding a long term prepaid sim card so that i do not have to keep buying new sim. Anyone can introduce to me? Thanks
Can consider OneXOX, check the link for details and/or google here for more (accurate) information.

(All from memory coz I've not been keeping track of details lately. So, IIRC...)

- SIM pack is RM10 with RM4 or RM5 credit balance inside.
- Reload minimum RM10 within 24 hours and the validity will be extended to 28 months.
- Subscribe to a Happy Hour Season Pass like RM50 for 10GB which can be kept in your Season Pass account for as long as the validity of your card.
- Withdraw 500MB or 1GB monthly (by subscribing to the preferred plan) and you can use this during your weekly trip for that month.

I suggested this to you based on your preference to keep this card for long term, and that your "almost once every week" trips. If 1GB is enough for your total usage for a month, that will cost you only what... RM5.

For OneXOX (only?), the validity period stacks with every top-up. So for example, when you top up RM50 in order to buy a Happy Hour Season Pass, the validity of your card will become 28 months plus 50 days.

There are some related discussions in the past few pages that you can check out too.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #6514
Arch-Supremacy Member

A new SIM card costs RM10, but this month Tron is waiving that RM10 though postage is RM32 for them to courier it to you. If you do it with them, you'll have to pay RM42 and RM10 will be refunded/credited to your SIM card account, and you'll see the validity extended for a year due to this refund.

If you go to that dealer in JB to get the 4G SIM, you'll have to pay RM30 for it. AFAIK, dealers hardly charge RRP for new SIM packs.
Oic. Rm10 promotion is for postage.

Looks like i can do online and mail to sg liao...
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #6515
Supremacy Member

Oic. Rm10 promotion is for postage.

Looks like i can do online and mail to sg liao...
I'd say RM10 promotion (as in free SIM card) is for getting the new card direct from Tron (through courier service) rather than the dealer in JB.

There's still the RM32 postage to be paid.

So when you do online, you'll have to pay RM42. Once you get your card, you can get their help (I did it via email) to activate it and refund the RM10 which will be credited to your card.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #6516
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'd say RM10 promotion (as in free SIM card) is for getting the new card direct from Tron (through courier service) rather than the dealer in JB.

So when you do online, you'll have to pay RM42. Once you get your card, you can get their help (I did it via email) to activate it and refund the RM10 which will be credited to your card.
Yes, thank you for the highlight.

Since there is dealer can't do it then no choice have to pay rm32 for postage to sg.

Will email them to assist with activation of the sim upon collection

Thank you again.
Habrosus likes this.
Oinkize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #6517
Supremacy Member

Yes, thank you for the highlight.

Since there is dealer can't do it then no choice have to pay rm32 for postage to sg.

Will email them to assist with activation of the sim upon collection

Thank you again.
From what I've read, that dealer does it but only if there's stock. And there's the "dealers charge" to pay too, so to speak.

The Tron CSO are pretty responsive via email anyway, just that you'll have the courier service to deal with, that's the receipt of the SIM card when it's delivered to your address. Enter an SG contact number for courier to contact you, just in case.
Old 15-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #6518

Hi Iím travelling tonight to KL for 3 days 2 nights, any SIM card to recommend? Only need mobile data, no need for calls
effkewkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #6519

My convo with the CSO is that the RM10 will only be reimbursed after making a call on the new SIM Card.

Tron presently doesn't support roaming so have to do so when I'm going to Malaysia.
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #6520
Supremacy Member

My convo with the CSO is that the RM10 will only be reimbursed after making a call on the new SIM Card.

Tron presently doesn't support roaming so have to do so when I'm going to Malaysia.
Try to email the CSO for help, tell them you're currently in Singapore and that Tron can't roam so you can't activate the card via making a call. Request them (nicely) to help activate the card and process the reimbursement.

Mine was done at the same time coz there were more than 1 card, so they'd to refund the extra postage as well. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the RM10 SIM card refund.
Old 15-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #6521

Hi I’m travelling tonight to KL for 3 days 2 nights, any SIM card to recommend? Only need mobile data, no need for calls
if you can wait till you reach kl, get a digi card from any convenience store for rm8. preinstall the app before you leave. new card gives you 300mb free. use the credit balance to buy 300mb for rm1.
what88 likes this.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #6522
Supremacy Member

Hi Iím travelling tonight to KL for 3 days 2 nights, any SIM card to recommend? Only need mobile data, no need for calls

if you can wait till you reach kl, get a digi card from any convenience store for rm8. preinstall the app before you leave. new card gives you 300mb free. use the credit balance to buy 300mb for rm1.
On top of what kitkat2 has mentioned, if you feel the daily 300mb is insufficient then you may choose to buy daily 1Gb + 1GB plan for RM3.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #6523
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, how about getting those $7 dollar from Qoo10 for 2Gb for 5 days trip?

What your opinion?

Or it is still better to get the digi card>?
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #6524

Hi, how about getting those $7 dollar from Qoo10 for 2Gb for 5 days trip?

What your opinion?

Or it is still better to get the digi card>?
those cards maybe rebranded celcom or maxis cards. you could also get a $10 starhub happy card for $8 and activate twice 1gb for 3 days for $5 each.

it's up to you. i always go for the best value for money.

Last edited by kitkat2; 17-07-2018 at 06:23 PM..
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #6525
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Digi is mad to offer unlimited internet for 8 ringgit a day.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.