HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2002Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #6571

Really? Thanks for the heads up. Will look for another telco then.
if you have an address in malaysia, you can try to order online from tunetalk or even shopee.

also, do test the coverage first at the places you frequent before committing on a yearly plan like vibe 200.
cassowary18 likes this.

Last edited by kitkat2; 21-07-2018 at 11:28 PM..
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #6572
Supremacy Member

Tink was 20 rm per card with 10 rm topup by dealer.
Thanks for sharing.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #6573
Master Member

if you have an address in malaysia, you can try to order online from tunetalk or even shopee.

also, do test the coverage first at the places you frequent before committing on a yearly plan like vibe 200.
you might get more answer for the coverage from below forum as mainly Malaysian users.

Maxis or Celom or their MVNO shouldn't have much problem for others better check first.

https://forum.lowyat.net/TelcoTalk

for example this person asking
> Umobile network besides klang valley, network
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4623466
kitkat2 likes this.

Last edited by steven168z; 23-07-2018 at 11:56 AM..
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #6574
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Maxis and Digi can surf net up and down the NS highway. Only at checkpoints will have low signal. I like Digi's option of PayPal top up from anywhere.

Unifi looks interesting though if speed and cheap is more critical than coverage.
AS1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #6575
Master Member

New Tron plan
http://www.tron.com.my/prepaid_plan/

http://www.tron.com.my/faqs/

F) Switch Plan
1) I am existing Tron 365 Plan user, can I switch to Tron Active Plan?
Yes, you may switch to Tron Active Plan.

2) I am existing Tron Active Plan user, can I switch to Tron 365 Plan?
No, you are not allow to switch to Tron 365 Plan. Tron Prepaid Active subscriber are restricted to change to Tron 365 Plan in any manner whatsoever in such situations.

3) What are the procedure to switch plan?
To Switch Plan, please contact our Customer Service at 1300 800 188 (9am -9pm, daily) and follow the step-by-step instructions given by the customer service officer.

4) Is there any charges for switching plan?
It’s free of charge for switching the plan until further notice.

5) Will my existing subscriptions, freebies, points and benefits be affected when switching my plan?
In the event a Subscriber chooses to change his/her existing plan, any existing subscriptions, freebies, points and benefits shall be forfeited and a Subscriber is not entitled to any form of compensation for such forfeiture. We advise you to utilise your credit/freebies before switching Plan.
Old 24-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #6576
Supremacy Member

... just for info to the rest, nearest shops/booths for SGeans to access MVNO SIM packs:

OneXOX at Giant Nusa Bestari Mall
Tron in Jalan Wong Ah Fook
Tune Talk in Komtar JBCC
Just realized I shared early last year that Tune Talk SIM packs were spotted at a newsstand across from the cashier counters of Tesco Bukit Indah.

Not sure how much they're selling for, and don't know if they still have them after all this time, though.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #6577
Master Member

Yes, Tune Talk SIM packs are still being sold at Mynews. The one at Tesco Bukit Indah was out of stock, but the outlet at Aeon had some.

Thanks to your earlier tip off on this, I managed to buy some for friends who wanted to try Tune Talk but had problems finding a dealer for the SIMs. The packs are RM2 each, self registration required, no value inside.
what88 likes this.
the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #6578
Master Member

New Tron plan
http://www.tron.com.my/prepaid_plan/

http://www.tron.com.my/faqs/

F) Switch Plan
1) I am existing Tron 365 Plan user, can I switch to Tron Active Plan?
Yes, you may switch to Tron Active Plan.

2) I am existing Tron Active Plan user, can I switch to Tron 365 Plan?
No, you are not allow to switch to Tron 365 Plan. Tron Prepaid Active subscriber are restricted to change to Tron 365 Plan in any manner whatsoever in such situations.

3) What are the procedure to switch plan?
To Switch Plan, please contact our Customer Service at 1300 800 188 (9am -9pm, daily) and follow the step-by-step instructions given by the customer service officer.

4) Is there any charges for switching plan?
It’s free of charge for switching the plan until further notice.

5) Will my existing subscriptions, freebies, points and benefits be affected when switching my plan?
In the event a Subscriber chooses to change his/her existing plan, any existing subscriptions, freebies, points and benefits shall be forfeited and a Subscriber is not entitled to any form of compensation for such forfeiture. We advise you to utilise your credit/freebies before switching Plan.

You can still purchase online new 4G simcard with old plan.

You can purchase more and combine the shipping fee. Pay first and email tron to ship together and they will refund the other fee as credit topup.

Do not purchase old 3G simcard from dealer. It is their old stocks.

http://litesim.tron.com.my/newsim

Last edited by steven168z; 24-07-2018 at 07:02 PM..
Old 27-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #6579

Hotlink if I never topup within the 3months means cannot extend already?
foreverluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 11:03 PM   #6580

that's usually the case. put the sim into your card and check the balance.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 06:50 AM   #6581

Not 3 months is 50 days expire
RockStar9238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #6582

Tried digi last week in KL and Penang. Got 4G signal but 3G speed. Digi network seemed to be congested nowadays, keeps getting unable to load webpage errors even after restarting phone multiple times and with 4G signal.
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #6583

Tried digi last week in KL and Penang. Got 4G signal but 3G speed. Digi network seemed to be congested nowadays, keeps getting unable to load webpage errors even after restarting phone multiple times and with 4G signal.
https://opensignal.com/reports/2018/...etworks-update

Seemed like Maxis is best now....
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 02:34 AM   #6584

Wink Recent Trip to M'sia

Reached JB by bus around 9.30 pm last Friday, the pushcart shops and 7-11 at JB Sentral said they cannot sell the prepaid card at night after certain timing because they cannot do the registration. I needed internet to book a Grab ride to Sutera area ( RM$17 ) and sadly could not find wifi at City Square or Komtar JBCC. So no choice, took one of the taxi lined outside Komtar, trip was around RM$25.

So fast forward, in KL on Saturday night, Bukit Bintang, Alor Street, I was still determined to get a prepaid card for convenience sake. Encountered make shift stalls that are selling starter pack for higher prices. I know how much is each telco's starter pack price as I saved it on my phone so I just refuse to buy anything for RM$15.00 -RM$18.50 when it cost only RM$8.00 - RM8.50.

Found a convenience store ( forgot is it 7-11 or the other one ) which carries U Mobile cards. The cashier said I have to buy the RM$18.50 if I want data ( 200 MB only ) and if i get the RM$8.50 starter pack - it does not come with any data.

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would have paid RM$18.50. But luckily I have bought the RM$8.50 pack before in KSL in May and know it comes with a bundled 200MB data.

This is the kind of gimmick that one may encounter if they are not familiar with the prices... I refuse to pay extra $10 for the starter pack and told the guy I wanted my prepaid card without data at the published price on the pack.

When I insert the card into my phone and opened up the umobile app to check, it has data contrary to what the guy claimed.

BTW, for short trips of 1-3 days, U Mobile has promotions at Tesco, selling starter packs for only RM3! ( my cousins snapped 4 packs when they were in KSL JB )

Starter Packs RRP ( As of 29 July 2018 )
Celcom - Xpax RM$10
Maxis - Hotlink RM$10
Digi Prepaid Live RM$8
U Mobile RM$8.50

My trip ended up being 5 days, so my U Mobile 200 MB data and credit were all used up. Bought Xpax from the official Celcom store in NU Sentral, Lvl 2 ( KL Sentral ). Should have bought Xpax from Day 1 if I could since I can choose either 10GB Facebook or 10GB Instagram freebies. I think that's great for instagram heavy users like me.
eosfoto likes this.
wolfie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #6585
Master Member

What is needed to do the registration? Show them passport? Do they need to photocopy or scan passport?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4A using GAGT
PeasantBeing is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.