HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1981Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #6586

Digi Prepaid card

Hi guys,

i been using Digi prepaid for a year now. I go to JB about once every 2 months over the weekend.

Basically, i got the digi app. When you top up 5rm via a digi topup slip, its become activated for 5 days. you can use the app to buy cheap internet plans like 1rm for 300mb/day. to me it's more than enough as i used it to take grab or whatsapp.

After the active period, its goes into passive period for 75 days. If there is no top up within 75 days, the sim card will be terminated.

This is how i managed to keep that 1 msia number for a year as i top up within 75 days. i find it very cost effective without you having to keep looking for a sim card when you reach Msia.

Hope you find it useful.

If there is any other better sim card, please share! Cheers
what88 likes this.
isaacsayshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #6587
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Right now for prepaid, Digi deals like want to kill the other telcos. If for sim validity, got others. But hard to beat 8 ringgit for 1 day unlimited 4g internet. Also the super easy top up using PayPal via app.
Habrosus and what88 like this.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #6588

Right now for prepaid, Digi deals like want to kill the other telcos. If for sim validity, got others. But hard to beat 8 ringgit for 1 day unlimited 4g internet. Also the super easy top up using PayPal via app.
Do you have any idea whether it is possible to do hotspot tethering for digi 8 ringgit for 1 day unlimited 4g internet?? If it is possible, is it at uncapped speed??
darkmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #6589
Supremacy Member

You're right about the very competitive data rates.

I'd slotted my TuneTalk card into Slot 2 of my phone the other day for a full-day trip. But just when I wanted to do the data subscription, the DiGi prices were really too good to resist. So I changed cards.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #6590

Hi guys,

i been using Digi prepaid for a year now. I go to JB about once every 2 months over the weekend.

Basically, i got the digi app. When you top up 5rm via a digi topup slip, its become activated for 5 days. you can use the app to buy cheap internet plans like 1rm for 300mb/day. to me it's more than enough as i used it to take grab or whatsapp.

After the active period, its goes into passive period for 75 days. If there is no top up within 75 days, the sim card will be terminated.

This is how i managed to keep that 1 msia number for a year as i top up within 75 days. i find it very cost effective without you having to keep looking for a sim card when you reach Msia.

Hope you find it useful.

If there is any other better sim card, please share! Cheers
how's the signal (surfing) for digi in jb?
i'm using u mobile n the signal (surfing) sucks! erratic speed, sometimes can drop to almost nothing when surfing
chiusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 12:55 AM   #6591

Do you have any idea whether it is possible to do hotspot tethering for digi 8 ringgit for 1 day unlimited 4g internet?? If it is possible, is it at uncapped speed??
yes, you can tether.

unlimited is capped as always. some people say uncapped is either 10gb or 20gb. not too sure as it is not published by digi.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 03:20 AM   #6592
AS1
High Supremacy Member

yes, you can tether.

unlimited is capped as always. some people say uncapped is either 10gb or 20gb. not too sure as it is not published by digi.
3-4 people should still be okay even with 10gb data as would need to YouTube whole day to finish. My trip from JB to KL barely went over 1gb with YouTube all the way.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #6593

yes, you can tether.

3-4 people should still be okay even with 10gb data as would need to YouTube whole day to finish. My trip from JB to KL barely went over 1gb with YouTube all the way.
Alright, thank you!
darkmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #6594
Supremacy Member

how's the signal (surfing) for digi in jb?
i'm using u mobile n the signal (surfing) sucks! erratic speed, sometimes can drop to almost nothing when surfing
DiGi won't be anything like U Mobile, and it's the most popular in Johor. Just look at the number of dealers all over the place.

I ditched UM a long while back and never looked back coz I just see more complaints from the Malaysians.
Old 30-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #6595

DiGi won't be anything like U Mobile, and it's the most popular in Johor. Just look at the number of dealers all over the place.

I ditched UM a long while back and never looked back coz I just see more complaints from the Malaysians.
great advise!
will ditch UM n buy Digi, read it's also good for highway to KL too
chiusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #6596
Supremacy Member

OneXOX users who use more data than calls

Today's Season Pass Happy Hour Extra

10GB + 2GB + 100 mins for RM50

what88 and storm913 like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #6597
Master Member

How is OneXOX signal in malaysia. Mostly only going to Johor and Melaka area usually.

Are we able to purchase the Sim from the website and deliver straight to our house in SG?

Edit: Looks like we can't buy direct from OneXOX unless we are malaysian or student/working there?

Last edited by storm913; 01-08-2018 at 05:37 PM..
storm913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #6598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is this cheap?????
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #6599

https://opensignal.com/reports/2018/...etworks-update

Seemed like Maxis is best now....
maxis, many stretches along the highway has no 4g.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #6600
Supremacy Member

How is OneXOX signal in malaysia. Mostly only going to Johor and Melaka area usually.

Are we able to purchase the Sim from the website and deliver straight to our house in SG?

Edit: Looks like we can't buy direct from OneXOX unless we are malaysian or student/working there?
OneXOX signal is generally alright.

Read back the last few pages here. I've mentioned to someone else that there are a couple of dealers here in the Travel Bazaar, plus some other discussions IIRC. Someone else shared too, that he found a dealer in the building of Giant Nusa Bestari, though not sure if they're still there.

I'm not sure about buying direct from OneXOX... don't think they'll send here, anyway.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.