HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1972Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #6661
Master Member

That day when I was at my news at JBCC, they got sell Digi and umobile at the 8.50 price
Digi/ UMobile which one is better for a 2 to 3 day trip ?
did u buy from them? did they need your passport?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #6662
Supremacy Member

Digi/ UMobile which one is better for a 2 to 3 day trip ?
did u buy from them? did they need your passport?
I'd personally go for Digi... from my past experience with both, connectivity-wise.
tiertime likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #6663

Hope you are lucky to get the Digi, was there on sunday and they have 1 last display Digi for sale at 8.50

I personally use hotlink. Itís great!
sendhalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #6664
Master Member

I'd personally go for Digi... from my past experience with both, connectivity-wise.
i just saw this RM3 for 2GB per day :
https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/p...internet-plans

I not sure got any extra cost (additional SIM CARD cost? ) on top of this RM3, if i only wan to use Data for 2 days...
Old 15-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #6665
Master Member

Hope you are lucky to get the Digi, was there on sunday and they have 1 last display Digi for sale at 8.50

I personally use hotlink. It’s great!
Where you buy the RM 8.50 Digi from? also JBCC my news?

Where you buy the Hotlink? how much ?

need passport or not?
Old 15-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #6666
Supremacy Member

i just saw this RM3 for 2GB per day :
https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/p...internet-plans

I not sure got any extra cost (additional SIM CARD cost? ) on top of this RM3, if i only wan to use Data for 2 days...
This looks like just the data plan, and you need to have a prepaid account/line in order to subscribe to a data plan.

So yes, you'll have to buy a SIM pack first.
tiertime likes this.
Old 16-08-2018, 06:58 AM   #6667

need passport or not?
I was there a few days ago to buy tuneTalk Simcard when I also see they have Digi Simcard, hence enquired the price for it.

I got my hotlink Long ago and yes required passport or some form of verification
tiertime likes this.
sendhalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #6668
Supremacy Member

need passport or not?
If you want to try out Hotlink later, can check out the Maxis shop in City Square. They're selling Hotlink packs at cost RM10 before, though not sure about now. Or there are other dealers in JB Sentral, 1 in JBCC, can choose the one with a package you're comfortable with.

Link: Maxis Hotlink RED Plan is their latest.

On the registration of prepaid cards, it's a regulation set by their telecom authorities Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission. They normally ask for passport from foreigners.
Old 16-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #6669
Supremacy Member

Happened to come across this and found it an interesting read:

Buying a SIM Card in Malaysia
Old 16-08-2018, 08:43 AM   #6670
Supremacy Member

I have this xpax prepaid sim. Anyone knows how many days I must topup once to keep it alive?
I cannot find any information on the validity date. Mine is the starter kit pack which is RM10 version. Thanks all!
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #6671
Supremacy Member

I have this xpax prepaid sim. Anyone knows how many days I must topup once to keep it alive?
I cannot find any information on the validity date. Mine is the starter kit pack which is RM10 version. Thanks all!
Grace Period for XPAX is generally 50 days.

The validity is RM1 for 1 day, so if you want to use the card for say, a continuous 5-day period, then you'll have to top up at least RM5.

Edit: (to show more info)
Credit Expiry/Validity

Customersí prepaid credit or airtime balance can only be used when their Xpax accounts are active. To keep the Xpax account active, Customers are required to perform a credit reload. Any prepaid credit or balance in the Xpax account cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.

The preloaded airtime and validity period for each starter pack is as follows:
Starter Pack RRP Preloaded Airtime Validity Period
RM 10 RM6.60 5 days
RM 5 RM3.30

Any additional reload values shall follow the validity period as stated in the Xpax Reload Specific Terms and Conditions below.

Upon expiry of the validity period, the Customers will have fifty (50) days to perform a reload, failing which their mobile number or account will be automatically terminated without any further notice.

Link: XPAX Prepaid Terms & Conditions
tiertime likes this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 16-08-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Old 16-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #6672
Master Member

If you want to try out Hotlink later, can check out the Maxis shop in City Square. They're selling Hotlink packs at cost RM10 before, though not sure about now. Or there are other dealers in JB Sentral, 1 in JBCC, can choose the one with a package you're comfortable with.

Link: Maxis Hotlink RED Plan is their latest.

On the registration of prepaid cards, it's a regulation set by their telecom authorities Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission. They normally ask for passport from foreigners.

some months ago i went all ard the shopping in city square to inqire they all sell at RM20-40 even if the package states way below the price
Habrosus likes this.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #6673
Supremacy Member

some months ago i went all ard the shopping in city square to inqire they all sell at RM20-40 even if the package states way below the price
These dealers need to pay rental, among other things...

If you've access to a Maxis Center, you won't be charged for any extras. The only ones in a shopping mall that I've come across so far, are in Batu Pahat Mall, and Melaka's Mahkota Parade.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #6674

digi is giving out free data again. why some still spend rm3 per day on data?

kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #6675
Supremacy Member

Grace Period for XPAX is generally 50 days.

The validity is RM1 for 1 day, so if you want to use the card for say, a continuous 5-day period, then you'll have to top up at least RM5.

Edit: (to show more info)
Credit Expiry/Validity

Customersí prepaid credit or airtime balance can only be used when their Xpax accounts are active. To keep the Xpax account active, Customers are required to perform a credit reload. Any prepaid credit or balance in the Xpax account cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.

The preloaded airtime and validity period for each starter pack is as follows:
Starter Pack RRP Preloaded Airtime Validity Period
RM 10 RM6.60 5 days
RM 5 RM3.30

Any additional reload values shall follow the validity period as stated in the Xpax Reload Specific Terms and Conditions below.

Upon expiry of the validity period, the Customers will have fifty (50) days to perform a reload, failing which their mobile number or account will be automatically terminated without any further notice.

Link: XPAX Prepaid Terms & Conditions
Thank you so much Habrosus!
In this case I just top up Rm3 every 45 days via the celcom life app.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.