HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1984Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #6781
Supremacy Member

... did they auto activate the SIM card for us once we make the purchase ?
There's a possibility that the Tesco staff activated the SIM card after he's done the registration.

I'd say most of the time, the SOP is to register and activate before completing the transaction, but there may be a very small number of dealers somewhere who leave it to users to do the activation themselves. Not completing the steps is an exception rather than the norm.

Hi, i bought digi live @RM8 at tesco KSL yesterday night. The guy has registered it for me and asked me to wait for 1 hour to use, then i went back to sg. But now when i tried to use it, it said i need to register it at nearest digi centre.

May I know whether this is normal? How long should i wait? Thanks.
This is the Digi Community Forum where there are Digi staff to help to check. You can either register an account with an email address (since your line isn't working yet for you to receive OTP, you can't use your Digi number), or contact their customer service to check if the number has indeed been registered.

Can explain to me why sometimes when I re-load RM10 when my SIM is inactive ( within 75 days ), it will auto use up the RM10? I think it auto sub to some 7 days sub.. how come ah?
You might have subscribed to an auto-renewal data(?) package in the past, that somehow failed to renew (maybe due to lack of credit?), and normally the renewal will happen once you top up.

I'd suggest going to your Digi app to check the status of your card.

Last edited by Habrosus; 17-09-2018 at 07:40 AM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #6782
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just reloaded a few days back hence it’s still active

I can’t deactivate . Is it because it’s still active ?

When I click on subscription
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #6783
Master Member

Hi, i bought digi live @RM8 at tesco KSL yesterday night. The guy has registered it for me and asked me to wait for 1 hour to use, then i went back to sg. But now when i tried to use it, it said i need to register it at nearest digi centre.

May I know whether this is normal? How long should i wait? Thanks.
not normal to wait 1 hour, once i bought already immediately can put in hp and use to surf internet
Habrosus likes this.
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #6784
Supremacy Member

not normal to wait 1 hour, once i bought already immediately can put in hp and use to surf internet
From supermarket too?

I've only ever bought from Digi booth/shop, activation has been almost immediately too. I normally try to check before I leave the vicinity.
Old 17-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #6785
Master Member

From supermarket too?

I've only ever bought from Digi booth/shop, activation has been almost immediately too. I normally try to check before I leave the vicinity.
those that never give me problems are purchased from one of those stalls near custom...

supermarket i only bought ONCE from TESCO KSL, it was on sale and i thought can keep for next trip to use... HOWEVER when i tried to use it a few weeks after my purchase, it become expired ... waste my money...
Old 17-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #6786
Supremacy Member

those that never give me problems are purchased from one of those stalls near custom...

supermarket i only bought ONCE from TESCO KSL, it was on sale and i thought can keep for next trip to use... HOWEVER when i tried to use it a few weeks after my purchase, it become expired ... waste my money...
Looks to me like supermart followed the SOP and activated the card right after the registration.
Old 17-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #6787
Master Member

Looks to me like supermart followed the SOP and activated the card right after the registration.
walao, i even paid extra to buy the TESCO card in order to buy this at promo price , ni the end, cannot use!

and the stupid tesco card is useless!, i bought a few hundred Rm worth of things until now only 60 points.... their min is 1000 points to be able to claim anygift...
Old 18-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #6788

Hi All,

I finally got a reply from Digi community forum. He said my card has not been registered yet and i need to revisit same shop (tesco@KSL) or other digi store....haizz...I wonder what he did last time. He took my passport to register. I just hope he didn't do something funny.

Anyway, thank you guys for all the help, you guys have been very helpful.
Habrosus and tiertime like this.
lfsa2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #6789

Bought a spare Hotlink prepaid too but unable to use as it hasn't been activated.
Hotsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #6790

Bought a spare Hotlink prepaid too but unable to use as it hasn't been activated.
Just follow the instructions on the booklet for activation. Download the app on your phone first. Quite simple.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 12:18 AM   #6791

Bro, where did you buy your hotlink prepaid and at what price??
darkmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 05:49 AM   #6792
Supremacy Member

In a normal transaction, the dealer will register the prepaid card and have it activated, before handing it over. Some will use their own device for the activation, or ask if you want to put the card into your own phone.

In some cases, the dealer may only do the registration and leave it to you to do the activation yourself. AFAIK, this is not the SOP given by the telcos.

I personally find it a risk to do the activation later, as we won't know if the registration has actually gone through. There have been instances when the dealers I've dealt with, only realized "system is down/delaying" when they tried to activate the SIM cards that I've bought.

Unless of course, you're fine with having to travel back to the dealer to get the SIM card registered again...
Old 19-09-2018, 11:38 PM   #6793

Hi all, are there any trustworthy places near city Square which sell Hotlink prepaid??
Old 20-09-2018, 01:41 AM   #6794
Supremacy Member

Hi all, are there any trustworthy places near city Square which sell Hotlink prepaid??
Trustworthy? As in?

If you're referring to dealers selling with compulsory reload and/or data package subscription, the Maxis shop in City Square used to only sell the basic SIM pack at RRP, not sure about now.

It's a norm for dealers to add on extras, in general... Maybe check the myNEWS in Komtar JBCC, not sure if they've Hotlink SIM packs. It's normally news agents and supermarkets that sell at RRP.
Old 20-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #6795

Trustworthy? As in?

If you're referring to dealers selling with compulsory reload and/or data package subscription, the Maxis shop in City Square used to only sell the basic SIM pack at RRP, not sure about now.

It's a norm for dealers to add on extras, in general... Maybe check the myNEWS in Komtar JBCC, not sure if they've Hotlink SIM packs. It's normally news agents and supermarkets that sell at RRP.
Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I'm looking for those no-frills shops which are selling basic SIM card pack at RRP.
Habrosus likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.