HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #7126

First time going to JB.
Is there any shop selling prepaid card at JB Sentral?
Srenz209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:09 AM   #7127
Supremacy Member

First time going to JB.
Is there any shop selling prepaid card at JB Sentral?
Quite a few in and around, but I think the one that sells at RRP in that area is myNews in Komtar JBCC that's just across the road via the link bridge. It's on the ground floor in the mall.

Edit: There's a Digi dealer up in the immigration hall, somewhere on the left after the customs clearance area.

JB Sentral:
- There's a booth down the escalators just before you walk into JB Sentral. They sell all sorts of reload vouchers, but not sure if they've SIM packs for sale too.
- In JB Sentral, turn left right after you step in, there are 1 or 2 dealers down that row.
- The 7-Eleven there, I think have U Mobile SIM packs.
- On the other side along the row in front of KFC, there's a dealer that sells the likes of Hotlink, Celcom Prepaid, and I think also U Mobile.
- Out the building and after you've gone down the 1st escalator, you'll notice another escalator on the left going down to the street level. There's a Hotlink dealer (cart) there.

Komtar JBCC:
- myNews (next to the entrance facing City Square) is known to sell at RRP, so stocks of more popular cards run out pretty quickly. They normally have Tune Talk, Digi, U Mobile(?)...
- Upstairs, there's a Hotlink dealer shop.

City Square:
- You can find dealer shops for Hotlink, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile.

Outside City Square in the shophouses, there should be some dealers too...
what88 and Srenz209 like this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 07-03-2019 at 08:23 AM..
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #7128

Hey there..need u guys help..been in and out of malaysia a lot of times(always use sg sim card)but this is the first time im gonna buy their sim card as i will be driving up to penang via tuas at night in a week's time..where to buy and which one is good/better?probably usage is more for youtube for the kids on the go.. ur expertise is needed..thank you.
SurGinG_IcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #7129
Supremacy Member

Hey there..need u guys help..been in and out of malaysia a lot of times(always use sg sim card)but this is the first time im gonna buy their sim card as i will be driving up to penang via tuas at night in a week's time..where to buy and which one is good/better?probably usage is more for youtube for the kids on the go.. ur expertise is needed..thank you.
Am no expert, so just suggesting...

Grab a Digi Prepaid card, study the details in the link and past posts here for whatever info you may need. Depending on how much emphasis you put into paying the least and/or putting how much effort in getting that (I personally don't bother, just buy from whichever convenient place I find so long as I don't have to pay too much for extras), Digi Prepaid card dealers are all over Malaysia.

Other popular ones to consider are OneXOX and Hotlink RED Plan. Check their website for details to see which suits your needs, and also past posts here for tips.
what88 likes this.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #7130

anyone know for hotlink extend validity, it is still 1rm=1day extended? anyway to get extra validity days?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #7131

digi prepaid

i got a digi live with nice number and i planning to keep it for my infrequent trip.

since digi live need a subscription, what other plan i can switch to?

it seems that other plan required a subscription too?
i went thru the menu and found only 3 plans available
digi prepaid best
digi prepaid live
digi monthly 28

in short, i need a basic plan so i can subscribe to super long life.

Last edited by absoluthk; 09-03-2019 at 12:33 AM..
absoluthk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #7132
Supremacy Member

i got a digi live with nice number and i planning to keep it for my infrequent trip.

since digi live need a subscription, what other plan i can switch to?

it seems that other plan required a subscription too?
i went thru the menu and found only 3 plans available
digi prepaid best
digi prepaid live
digi monthly 28

in short, i need a basic plan so i can subscribe to super long life.
AFAIK, Digi Prepaid Best has more options for Super Long Life.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:40 AM   #7133

AFAIK, Digi Prepaid Best has more options for Super Long Life.
found the link
https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Pre...ife/ta-p/13004

I have to topup RM40 before SLL will show up?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:45 AM   #7134

found the link

I have to topup RM40 before SLL365 will show up?
Yes, provided your plan is having SSL at RM38.
fairylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:48 AM   #7135

Not mistaken, Digi Prepaid has Raja Video at RM15 unlimited YouTube add on.
fairylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:54 AM   #7136
Supremacy Member

found the link

I have to topup RM40 before SLL will show up?
If you switch your Digi Live to Digi Best plan now, I think the Digi Prepaid Best version you'll get is the latest, Digi Prepaid Best 2018 MNP. SLL for this version costs RM108 for the 365-day option, not RM38 which is for much older versions.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:12 AM   #7137

If you switch your Digi Live to Digi Best plan now, I think the Digi Prepaid Best version you'll get is the latest, Digi Prepaid Best 2018 MNP. SLL for this version costs RM108 for the 365-day option, not RM38 which is for much older versions.
RM108 got free internet?
Old 09-03-2019, 01:22 AM   #7138
Supremacy Member

RM108 got free internet?
My bad, I think latest is Digi Prepaid Best 2017 xxx, not 2018 (and not MNP either since yours is going to be from Digi Live and not other telco card) unless they changed last month or so...

From mine, I can see:
- Free 1GB everyday (12am-8am)
- Free-Basic Internet 500MB (auto-renews monthly)

Under the Box of Surprise (BoS) offers, you might come across discounted or sometimes free Internet.
what88 likes this.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #7139

Under the Box of Surprise (BoS) offers, you might come across discounted or sometimes free Internet.
Yes,

If you use Digi prepaid -- each time you go M'sia -- you should check out Digi's Box of Surprise (BOS) offers.

The things to note about Digi BOS offers are:
* Digi BOS offers changes from time to time (usually every month)
* Everyone's usage is different -- so Digi BOS offers may vary between different users

For those not aware of Digi Box of Surprise (BOS) offers, you can easily access it inside the Digi app. See photo below:

On my most recent trip to M'sia, I got the following BOS offers from Digi. See photo below:

Based on the above current BOS offers I received on my Digi prepaid, there're options to get:

(1) FREE 1GB data valid for 7 days
(2) RM5 to get 5GB data valid for 15 days.

Guess what? I proceed to take up both offers
So I got total 6GB data (FREE 1GB-7day + RM5 5GB-15day) -- at RM5 cost only !

Also...
(By now) We all know that if your Digi prepaid is in inactive/passive period, when you top up RM5 you get 5 days active period, yes?

I topped up RM5 to my Digi prepaid -- just before recent M'sia trip -- so got 5 days active period but...the interesting thing is...

After I bought (the above) Digi BOS offer of RM5 5GB-15days -- Digi UPGRADED active period on my Digi prepaid from 5days to 30days !! (starting from the day I bought the Digi BOS offer)

So overall, just top up RM5 + use the RM5 to get Digi BOS offers, I get:

(1) FREE 1GB data valid 7 days
(2) 5GB data valid 15 days
(3) Upgraded to 30 days active validity

As already mentioned above regarding Digi BOS offers -- YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Hope the above helps.
Habrosus and what88 like this.

Last edited by boonkang; 09-03-2019 at 04:09 PM..
boonkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:39 AM   #7140
Great Supremacy Member

Sorry to trouble the experts here.

So for JB side, their prepaid card is different from ours? Because we have that $10 monthly for 1GB data.

I would like to get the same. I understand can buy a few of their top up vouchers as mentioned here.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.