HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #7141
Supremacy Member

Sorry to trouble the experts here.

So for JB side, their prepaid card is different from ours? Because we have that $10 monthly for 1GB data.

I would like to get the same. I understand can buy a few of their top up vouchers as mentioned here.
Again, not an expert but just a user...

Same/different in what sense? $10 for 1GB data valid for a month? If so, then I'll say that I just got an offer from Maxis Hotlink RM20 for 3GB valid for a month.

Digi's like RM15 for 2GB + Unlimited Social with Always Active - 30 days account validity. But I'm happy with just their RM1 for 1GB for my 1-day trips, or even 1GB free for 7 days.

But yes, you can buy a few of their reload vouchers and keep for use later, as they're normally valid for a pretty long time. Please remember to check the validity date before paying.
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #7142
Supremacy Member

I think he mean a monthly prepaid plan.

I know OneXOX has a OneXOX plan that cost RM10 monthly for 1GB and 20 mins talktime. More info >> OneXOCX Black

The closest DIGI has to a monthly prepaid plan is what they called an Auto-Renewal Plan but the cheapest plan is 5GB for RM30 with data rollover. More info >> Internet Plans Auto-renewal

Celcom also has a monthly auto-renewal plan but you get 15GB for RM30 with data rollover. More Info >> Xpax™ Internet Plans

Umobile also has a monthly prepaid plan. Cheapest plan 1.5GB for RM20. More Info >> Unlimited Mobile Internet . Under Other UMI Plans.
Habrosus and what88 like this.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #7143
Supremacy Member

I know OneXOX has a OneXOX plan that cost RM10 monthly for 1GB and 20 mins talktime. More info >> OneXOCX Black

The closest DIGI has to a monthly prepaid plan is what they called an Auto-Renewal Plan but the cheapest plan is 5GB for RM30 with data rollover. More info >> Internet Plans Auto-renewal

Celcom also has a monthly auto-renewal plan but you get 15GB for RM30 with data rollover. More Info >> Xpax™ Internet Plans

Umobile also has a monthly prepaid plan. Cheapest plan 1.5GB for RM20. More Info >> Unlimited Mobile Internet . Under Other UMI Plans.

Most of us will stay around few days only in Malaysia thus I think monthly data plan (be it postpaid or prepaid) is kind of waste if we not utilize it.
tewem and Habrosus like this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:49 AM   #7144
Master Member

Those on onexox, possible to extract data via the MyXOX app?
Panerex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #7145
High Supremacy Member

Those on onexox, possible to extract data via the MyXOX app?
Yes. Usually I'll dial that #150# to subscribe for amount and period.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #7146
Master Member

Yes. Usually I'll dial that #150# to subscribe for amount and period.
Dial via the phone?

I was referring to doing it via the app.
Panerex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #7147
High Supremacy Member

Dial via the phone?

yes dial via phone. if i am already out of data, how do u use app to subscribe for more data?
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #7148
Great Supremacy Member

Yes. What I'm looking at is a prepaid card. Like for Singtel, my mummy's prepaid card account is valid for 6 months. 1 GB data is $10 monthly. Does Digi have something like this?

The last time i went to KSL's Digi, the lady explained to me until my head spinning. Seems like they have alot more selection. Usually i go staycation, is pay I think RM30+ but that one 1 month later no more liao so every time i head in again, have to buy again.

x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:46 AM   #7149

Again, not an expert but just a user...

Same/different in what sense? $10 for 1GB data valid for a month? If so, then I'll say that I just got an offer from Maxis Hotlink RM20 for 3GB valid for a month.

Digi's like RM15 for 2GB + Unlimited Social with Always Active - 30 days account validity. But I'm happy with just their RM1 for 1GB for my 1-day trips, or even 1GB free for 7 days.

But yes, you can buy a few of their reload vouchers and keep for use later, as they're normally valid for a pretty long time. Please remember to check the validity date before paying.
They sell this kind of RM1 for 1GB prepaid only? or do I have to buy the prepaid then need to top up? or do you think roaming will be better for 2 days stay?

Which provider do you recommend?

Last edited by Srenz209; 11-03-2019 at 07:59 AM..
Srenz209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #7150
Master Member

Yes. What I'm looking at is a prepaid card. Like for Singtel, my mummy's prepaid card account is valid for 6 months. 1 GB data is $10 monthly. Does Digi have something like this?

The last time i went to KSL's Digi, the lady explained to me until my head spinning. Seems like they have alot more selection. Usually i go staycation, is pay I think RM30+ but that one 1 month later no more liao so every time i head in again, have to buy again.
Bro don't bother going to KSL or City Square Digi, they only want you to spend more. Never stepped into the shop for years.

Retail price for SIM (RM5 credit preloaded) is RM8 and nothing more. You should not be forced by the shop to do a credit top-up just because you want to buy a SIM card; which the shop always tells you that SIM card will cost you RM2x or RM3x and they don't sell SIM only b***s***.

I'm quite sure your Digi prepaid sim still works, just have to top-up every other month and activate a data plan (don't exceed 90 days if I'm not wrong).

Try download the MyDigi app, it's easier to manage and top-up that way.

There are 2 types of data plan - Auto Renew subscription or One-time pass. If you don't use often, I would suggest to just purchase one-time pass which would be sufficient for most - e.g. RM3 for 3GB valid for 1 day. RM12 for 4GB valid for 7 days, etc...

For the cheapest 1-2 days plan, check out the Box of Surprise. I can purchase 1GB for 2 days @ RM1.50.
what88 likes this.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #7151
Master Member

They sell this kind of RM1 for 1GB prepaid only? or do I have to buy the prepaid then need to top up? or do you think roaming will be better for 2 days stay?

Depends on your usage, and if you would be travelling to Msia often. RM8 for Digi prepaid with RM5 credit. You don't have to top-up.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #7152
Supremacy Member

Dial via the phone?

I always try to use the app for anything, and only turn to those USSD codes if I've not choice.

Yes, you can extract data for use via the OneXOX app. Can even cancel auto-renewal there too, as far as I can remember...

RM1 for 1GB is via offers like Box of Surprise (BoS) randomly offered to card users so yes, you've to be holding the prepaid card before you can check for such offers.

Depends on your usage pattern and expectation, for your 2-day stay, whether using a prepaid card is more convenient or roaming with your existing line. I personally use my prepaid cards like Digi and Hotlink so often that my M Card is now on zzz mode.

At the moment, I'd say go for Digi. Take sometime to read back the past 10 or 20 pages here, where some members have shared how one can prolong the card's life economically. I even use it for my trips to Batam...
what88 likes this.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #7153
Supremacy Member

Happened to come across 2 OneXOX dealers in Taman Pelangi area today.

One is... on the same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum, across the road on the right of Plaza Pelangi.

The other one is on the ground floor of Plaza Sentosa.

No idea how they charge, though, as I didn't ask.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:52 PM   #7154
Great Supremacy Member

Bro don't bother going to KSL or City Square Digi, they only want you to spend more. Never stepped into the shop for years.

Retail price for SIM (RM5 credit preloaded) is RM8 and nothing more. You should not be forced by the shop to do a credit top-up just because you want to buy a SIM card; which the shop always tells you that SIM card will cost you RM2x or RM3x and they don't sell SIM only b***s***.

I'm quite sure your Digi prepaid sim still works, just have to top-up every other month and activate a data plan (don't exceed 90 days if I'm not wrong).

Try download the MyDigi app, it's easier to manage and top-up that way.

There are 2 types of data plan - Auto Renew subscription or One-time pass. If you don't use often, I would suggest to just purchase one-time pass which would be sufficient for most - e.g. RM3 for 3GB valid for 1 day. RM12 for 4GB valid for 7 days, etc...

For the cheapest 1-2 days plan, check out the Box of Surprise. I can purchase 1GB for 2 days @ RM1.50.
Because i want just a prepaid card for GPS. My garmin don't know why cannot load Msia map so if got 1 MY sim, can use for Google map to Ah Yuan there.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:24 AM   #7155

Depends on your usage, and if you would be travelling to Msia often. RM8 for Digi prepaid with RM5 credit. You don't have to top-up.
How much data does the RM8 prepaid come with?
Srenz209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.