HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 AM   #7156
Supremacy Member

How much data does the RM8 prepaid come with?
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
• Pack validity: 5 days

... the link will tell you what else. Yes, there's more...
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #7157
Supremacy Member

Yes. What I'm looking at is a prepaid card. Like for Singtel, my mummy's prepaid card account is valid for 6 months. 1 GB data is $10 monthly. Does Digi have something like this?

The last time i went to KSL's Digi, the lady explained to me until my head spinning. Seems like they have alot more selection. Usually i go staycation, is pay I think RM30+ but that one 1 month later no more liao so every time i head in again, have to buy again.
There's basically only 1 type of Digi Prepaid SIM pack in the shops now, and that's Digi Prepaid Live.

From the link, you can see (I just copy-paste):

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

and other information. Click on the Notes and FAQ links at the end of that page, to get more details.

Unless you make an effort to head for the main Digi Stores (not Digi Store Express or any others), or the likes of myNews, or check supermarkets like Tesco and Giant, the 2 rest stops in Yong Peng, where they normally sell at RRP, most other dealers tend to have extra requirements like having to top up another RM30 thereabouts for additional data that will last 1 month and it also extends the validity of the card by that 1 month.

At present, with the Digi Live card, you can choose to change it to either of 2 other plans which are Digi Monthly Plan 28 and Digi Prepaid Best 2017 P2P. (Info on these have been shared here by fellow members over the last few pages, otherwise check Digi website or Digi Community.)

At a dealer in a mall, a Digi Live pack costs RM40 and come with biGBonus 30 (5GB) which is basically RM8 RPP + the biGBonus 30. (Read the FAQ from the link given, to understand what biGBonus is about.) biGBonus 30 also comes with 1 month's card validity. (Please note that biGBonus is auto-renewable, so do remember to cancel that if you don't need it, before the 1 month is up.)

I'd personally recommend reading up the information on the Digi website. Other sources of information would be the Digi Community forum where their staff are there to respond, or over here though info only from fellow users.
what88 likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #7158
Supremacy Member

For Example...

If anyone happens to be in Paradigm Mall and wants to get a Digi SIM card before heading for your holiday further up north, there's a Digi dealer shop with the RM40 package that I've mentioned above.

IMO, this is good if you're taking your family or have a group of friends that you've to Hotspot data with, or kids that sit/eat/sleep watching video or playing games 25/7 even during a family trip. Just pay them RM40 and they'll do everything. Friendly and helpful staff on the whole, from what I've noticed.

Otherwise, from the last time I checked my MyDigi app, there are about 3 or 4 myNews outlets there. If you just want the basic RM8 pack, try these myNews, though stocks may be very low or zero...
what88 likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #7159

There's basically only 1 type of Digi Prepaid SIM pack in the shops now, and that's Digi Prepaid Live.

From the link, you can see (I just copy-paste):

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

and other information. Click on the Notes and FAQ links at the end of that page, to get more details.

Unless you make an effort to head for the main Digi Stores (not Digi Store Express or any others), or the likes of myNews, or check supermarkets like Tesco and Giant, the 2 rest stops in Yong Peng, where they normally sell at RRP, most other dealers tend to have extra requirements like having to top up another RM30 thereabouts for additional data that will last 1 month and it also extends the validity of the card by that 1 month.

At present, with the Digi Live card, you can choose to change it to either of 2 other plans which are Digi Monthly Plan 28 and Digi Prepaid Best 2017 P2P. (Info on these have been shared here by fellow members over the last few pages, otherwise check Digi website or Digi Community.)

At a dealer in a mall, a Digi Live pack costs RM40 and come with biGBonus 30 (5GB) which is basically RM8 RPP + the biGBonus 30. (Read the FAQ from the link given, to understand what biGBonus is about.) biGBonus 30 also comes with 1 month's card validity. (Please note that biGBonus is auto-renewable, so do remember to cancel that if you don't need it, before the 1 month is up.)

I'd personally recommend reading up the information on the Digi website. Other sources of information would be the Digi Community forum where their staff are there to respond, or over here though info only from fellow users.
in JB Sentral area, where can i buy it in this exact form for RM8?
Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:45 AM   #7160
Supremacy Member

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
Only place we can think off in that area so far, myNews in Komtar JBCC, but almost always OOS these days.
a4973 likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #7161

Like to ask where can I buy xox sim card in jb? Directly from a shop in jb

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #7162
Master Member

Because i want just a prepaid card for GPS. My garmin don't know why cannot load Msia map so if got 1 MY sim, can use for Google map to Ah Yuan there.
Ya lo that's why I kept my Digi SIM till now. Digi Best prepaid suitable for our needs
Habrosus likes this.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #7163
Master Member

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
I don't know if it's still around as I haven't passed by there for some time.

There's a HP shop in JB Sentral itself (close to the KTM boarding area) and they display Digi packs at their counter. Got mine there previously.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #7164

There's a HP shop in JB Sentral itself (close to the KTM boarding area) and they display Digi packs at their counter. Got mine there previously.
thanks! will look out for it
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #7165

https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

... the link will tell you what else. Yes, there's more...
What does it mean by "Free Basic Internet"? Is it the 300MB (7 days)?
Srenz209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #7166
Supremacy Member

Like to ask where can I buy xox sim card in jb? Directly from a shop in jb

I just posted this last night...

Happened to come across 2 OneXOX dealers in Taman Pelangi area today.

One is... on the same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum, across the road on the right of Plaza Pelangi.

The other one is on the ground floor of Plaza Sentosa.

No idea how they charge, though, as I didn't ask.
Also a couple of other spots like Gelang Patah and Bukit Indah... no time to type all over again so you might want to check back the last few pages or so.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #7167
Supremacy Member

They sell theirs at RRP RM8? That what many here seem to be looking for...

What does it mean by "Free Basic Internet"? Is it the 300MB (7 days)?
Free Basic Internet is at 64kbps.

The 7-day 300MB that's packaged in the basic SIM pack is fast internet...
Old 12-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #7168
Supremacy Member

Ya lo that's why I kept my Digi SIM till now. Digi Best prepaid suitable for our needs
Fortunately at this moment, the Digi Live that they're selling allows us to change to Digi Best (and Digi MP28) ourselves.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #7169
Supremacy Member

My recent post on location of dealers in and around JB Sentral, for those walking from CIQ...

Quite a few in and around, but I think the one that sells at RRP in that area is myNews in Komtar JBCC that's just across the road via the link bridge. It's on the ground floor in the mall.

Edit: There's a Digi dealer up in the immigration hall, somewhere on the left after the customs clearance area.

JB Sentral:
- There's a booth down the escalators just before you walk into JB Sentral. They sell all sorts of reload vouchers, but not sure if they've SIM packs for sale too.
- In JB Sentral, turn left right after you step in, there are 1 or 2 dealers down that row.
- The 7-Eleven there, I think have U Mobile SIM packs.
- On the other side along the row in front of KFC, there's a dealer that sells the likes of Hotlink, Celcom Prepaid, and I think also U Mobile.
- Out the building and after you've gone down the 1st escalator, you'll notice another escalator on the left going down to the street level. There's a Hotlink dealer (cart) there.

Komtar JBCC:
- myNews (next to the entrance facing City Square) is known to sell at RRP, so stocks of more popular cards run out pretty quickly. They normally have Tune Talk, Digi, U Mobile(?)...
- Upstairs, there's a Hotlink dealer shop.

City Square:
- You can find dealer shops for Hotlink, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile.

Outside City Square in the shophouses, there should be some dealers too...
dora&boots likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #7170

I just posted this last night...

Also a couple of other spots like Gelang Patah and Bukit Indah... no time to type all over again so you might want to check back the last few pages or so.
Many thanks for your help

cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.