HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2003Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #7171
Master Member

They sell theirs at RRP RM8? That what many here seem to be looking for...

Free Basic Internet is at 64kbps.

The 7-day 300MB that's packaged in the basic SIM pack is fast internet...
That was really quite a while ago man. I bought 3pcs at one shot

I'll try to verify that again when I'm in the area. I used to take train in, but I've been braving the jams and driving in
Habrosus likes this.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #7172
Master Member

Fortunately at this moment, the Digi Live that they're selling allows us to change to Digi Best (and Digi MP28) ourselves.
Really the best And must turn off voicemail as well. All those random overseas call will deplete the card balance aiyo.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #7173

Like to ask where can I buy xox sim card in jb? Directly from a shop in jb

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
There's guy selling this card in the "General Merchandise Bazaar"....

I bought one at KSL Mall before. Quite worth it, RM10+50 for a card with validity of 2 years, 10GB data valid for immediate 30 days usage and 10GB data valid in the Season Pass account for use anytime, can extract 300mb, 1GB, 2GB or 5GB etc each time.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #7174
Supremacy Member

That was really quite a while ago man. I bought 3pcs at one shot

I'll try to verify that again when I'm in the area. I used to take train in, but I've been braving the jams and driving in
I normally travel via 2nd Link these days, drop by Gelang Patah for a meal before GrabCar to wherever else. Spend a little more $ but at least I don't have to spend hours in the immigration halls.

Anyway, for a dealer in that area, I don't think it's RRP. Chances are too good to earn extras from the crowd there to help with rental cost.

Really the best And must turn off voicemail as well. All those random overseas call will deplete the card balance aiyo.
Yup, you're so right - off the voicemail at the earliest opportunity!
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #7175
Master Member

I normally travel via 2nd Link these days, drop by Gelang Patah for a meal before GrabCar to wherever else. Spend a little more $ but at least I don't have to spend hours in the immigration halls.

Anyway, for a dealer in that area, I don't think it's RRP. Chances are too good to earn extras from the crowd there to help with rental cost.

The standing game is strong at both immigration halls. Ever stood 1hr in SG side & 1hr in JB side before

Yea precisely, CIQ should be the best place to milk profits. Perhaps that's why people don't check them out and head into the mall instead. That's where the chopper is much sharper
Old 13-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #7176

Hi guys, do you all know any other way to check the expiry date of my hotlink sim card in sg?

Fyi, I haven't logged into the hotlink red app yet because they sent 6 digit OTP which I couldn't received.
Memorypriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #7177
High Supremacy Member

Anyone knows the process of prepaid number porting in malaysia and timeline?
Thinking of extending my XOX line, short of paying rm25/yr
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #7178
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, do you all know any other way to check the expiry date of my hotlink sim card in sg?

Fyi, I haven't logged into the hotlink red app yet because they sent 6 digit OTP which I couldn't received.
The shorter way is *122#, the USSD code, which is free to use in SG.

If you also want to check the plan type:

*100# CALL
00 Main Menu
(You'll see "Singapore" on top now...)
01 Next Page
8 *100#
(You'll see Main Balance on top...)
01 Next Page
6 My Account & Others
1 My Account Information
1 Plan Enquiry or Others *122#
(You'll see Plan type, Main Balance, Status of card, and Active Until date.)
what88 likes this.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #7179
Supremacy Member

Anyone knows the process of prepaid number porting in malaysia and timeline?
Thinking of extending my XOX line, short of paying rm25/yr
Check that your particulars used to register the original line is accurate, as it's to match whatever they enter in the MNP request form.
Then visit the new (port-in) telco center to do the request. They'll give you a new SIM card which you're supposed to put into your device when the old line is terminated.
Wait for the port-out confirmation SMS from the original telco, then reply YES.
Wait for the original line to be terminated, before inserting the new SIM card.

Prepaid number porting (or Mobile Number Porting), I was told about 24 hours, though might just take a few hours if there's no error like personal particulars not matching (what you've used to register the original line, and the ones you fill up in the MNP form with.)

Not quite sure what you mean with your OneXOX card, but if you're thinking of porting out then port back in to get the 28-month validity, I understand that if that really happens, it's only because there's a bug in their system...
what88 likes this.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:05 AM   #7180
Great Supremacy Member

Ya lo that's why I kept my Digi SIM till now. Digi Best prepaid suitable for our needs
So yesterday i went to check out Digi store, the person tell me the only way to maintain this Digi Live card is to top up monthly otherwise it would expire after 1 month.

So basically RM30 monthly to maintain this card. Am i correct?

Because in SG for Singtel's prepaid, top up 1 time can extend the card's expiry date for 6 months. Seems like Digi don't have that service. Must top up monthly RM30 to extend 1 month.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 06:27 AM   #7181
Supremacy Member

So yesterday i went to check out Digi store, the person tell me the only way to maintain this Digi Live card is to top up monthly otherwise it would expire after 1 month.

Because in SG for Singtel's prepaid, top up 1 time can extend the card's expiry date for 6 months. Seems like Digi don't have that service. Must top up monthly RM30 to extend 1 month.
The question here is will you use the line for the whole month?

For me I will only top up when heading north; FYI, every RM1 will give you 1 day validity, RM5 will give you 5 days and etc; top up according to the number of days that you are going to stay there.

Once the line change from ACTIVE to PASSIVE status, you will have 90 days to reactive it by top up your line; please refer to the following for better understanding.

SIM Card Lifecycle

An ‘Active’ status means that the Subscriber is allowed to make outgoing and incoming calls or SMS or any type of services including Internet access.

If there is no ‘reload’ activity performed after the ‘Active’ state, notwithstanding any available credit balances still available in the SIM card, then a Subscriber will not be able to use or take advantage of any other available Digi services available for its prepaid Subscribers, but will only be able to receive incoming calls and SMS only.

If during the Active state but before the end of the Active state validity period, the Subscriber has utilised all the available credit balance, then the Subscriber will not be able to use any further Digi services, but should still be able to receive incoming calls and SMS as similarly stated above.

The number of days given to the Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 90 (ninety) days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless a 'reload' is performed.

Upon reaching 90 (ninety) days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to 'Suspended (R2)' whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.

Upon the following day of the ‘Suspended’ stage, the status of the SIM card will be changed thereafter to a 'Terminated' state and the Subscriber will not be able to obtain the same mobile number (MSISDN) or any remaining credit balance or any applicable freebies remaining in the SIM card.
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 06:32 AM   #7182
Supremacy Member

For Digi (and most of other MY prepaid cards), RM1 reload gives you 1 day's validity, RM5 gives 5 days, RM30 gives 30 days, etc. But Digi has the (payable) validity extension option known as Super Long Life (SLL), which unfortunately, there's only the RM1 1-day SLL option for Digi Live. For a user who mostly go over for day-trips, can use this SLL option to reactivate the line just for 1 day, then it'll go back to its 90-day grace/inactive period.

I mentioned about the (presently) available option for Digi Live users to change to 2 other plans ourselves. One of the plans is Digi Best, which also supports the other 2 SLL which are 30-day and 365-day. But, the 365-day option for the last couple of years' versions (2016/2017) costs RM108. You can choose to learn the method shared here before, if you want to maintain the card on a long term basis without having to pay RM108, or just pay and forget it.
what88 likes this.
Old 13-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #7183
Master Member

Change plan to Digi Best.

https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Pre...EST/td-p/16261
Old 13-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #7184

I prefer to deal with the actual telco shop at the shopping centres. Same as in SG, I tend to avoid authorised dealers whenever possible.

At the actual telco shop, I know the price will be the same as what I see online and there's no 'Singaporean premium surcharge'. I also don't feel comfortable giving my passport to register the prepaid card at these Ah Beng shops, even in SG.

Everyone has their own theories and preferences.
Habrosus likes this.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #7185
Great Supremacy Member

Orh okay i understand liao.

Basically we can top up the mentioned amount into the card. When my card expires 1 month later, it is not really expired. Still have 75 or 90 days for me to top up and extend the expiry period.
Habrosus likes this.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.