HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1989Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #7186
Master Member

Orh okay i understand liao.

Basically we can top up the mentioned amount into the card. When my card expires 1 month later, it is not really expired. Still have 75 or 90 days for me to top up and extend the expiry period.
Yup. I think the balance is still there just that the account is frozen. Once topped up, you can use your balance again to purchase data plans
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #7187
High Supremacy Member

Not quite sure what you mean with your OneXOX card, but if you're thinking of porting out then port back in to get the 28-month validity, I understand that if that really happens, it's only because there's a bug in their system...
Ya, I want to port out and back in to get another 28 months. Not sure if there is a hold period before I can port back to XOX.

Or, if the wait period is too long, I rather just pay XOX to extend 25rm/yr
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #7188
Great Supremacy Member

Yup. I think the balance is still there just that the account is frozen. Once topped up, you can use your balance again to purchase data plans
Okay i understand liao. Thank you thank you.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #7189
Supremacy Member

Ya, I want to port out and back in to get another 28 months. Not sure if there is a hold period before I can port back to XOX.

Or, if the wait period is too long, I rather just pay XOX to extend 25rm/yr
I've no idea about the hold period, but from what I understand, OneXOX will not give port-back lines the 28-month validity offer. For those who managed to get, it's due to a system bug, it seems.

You might want to check with OneXOX for the details.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #7190
Supremacy Member

I prefer to deal with the actual telco shop at the shopping centres. Same as in SG, I tend to avoid authorised dealers whenever possible.

At the actual telco shop, I know the price will be the same as what I see online and there's no 'Singaporean premium surcharge'. I also don't feel comfortable giving my passport to register the prepaid card at these Ah Beng shops, even in SG.

Everyone has their own theories and preferences.
Yes, if there's a choice, I'd head for the likes of Maxis Center, Celcom Center, Digi Store as well. But I've also taken chances by buying from dealers like those in the Yong Peng R&R, and most recently, a dealer in Paradigm. *fingers crossed* so far so good, though I do make it a point to go online to check that my accounts are "clean".

For OneXOX, there are only dealers everywhere, as I think there's only their office somewhere in KL. Got mine a few years back, from a dealer here in SG and so far no problem as well. Even contacted him recently to check on something, and he's still helpful as ever.
havealaughclown likes this.
Old 13-03-2019, 07:43 PM   #7191

Thanks for the tips guys! What is the best network around JB ah? And where to buy local sim?
Old 13-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #7192

My OneXOX is on One-X Offer plan, any way to extend expiry date?
zenify.me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #7193

Anyone here still used Celcom Xpax?

I realised for the last few months, I can not longer tether xpax data to my laptop when I am in Malaysia. It seem Celcom has disabled this function.

Look like I have to port my xpax to another telco
ezhikaie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 12:25 AM   #7194
High Supremacy Member

http://xox.com.my/support/user-guide/#validity

I am gonna try this tomorrow.
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #7195

I used to use this source too, until I realized I could also reload directly via the apps like MyDigi, with my SG credit card.
I using this site https://www.e-pay.com.my to topup/reload my malaysia onexox pre-paid card whenever I travel North, quite convenient.
I think the different is e-pay minimum is RM5 and apps mimimum RM10
Old 14-03-2019, 07:50 AM   #7196
Supremacy Member

http://xox.com.my/support/user-guide/#validity

I am gonna try this tomorrow.
Validity for the regular OneXOX plan is stackable, whether via reload or 6-month/yearly payable one.

I normally just buy the yearly extension.

Anyone here still used Celcom Xpax?

I realised for the last few months, I can not longer tether xpax data to my laptop when I am in Malaysia. It seem Celcom has disabled this function.

Look like I have to port my xpax to another telco
I still have my old XPAX24 and also a Magic SIM, but have never used tethering with them, so can't comment.

Before you try to port the number, you might want to check the personal particulars they've in their record. These information have to match whatever you provide at the other telco when you go over to do the port-in process. Just a friendly reminder.
Old 14-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #7197

Thanks for the reminder. I guess I can just walk in any Celcom shops and verify my particulars or I have to go to Celcom service centre?
Old 14-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #7198
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the reminder. I guess I can just walk in any Celcom shops and verify my particulars or I have to go to Celcom service centre?
I was told to go to the nearest Celcom Center/Blue Cube.

If you've not, you might want to register and log in to your account - https://www.celcom.com.my/support - Online Customer Service. Can Online Chat with them to double-check.
ezhikaie47 and what88 like this.
Old 14-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #7199

My Digi reload incurred 6%SST. Does other Telco charge SST as well?
ave10amk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 01:08 AM   #7200

Visiting Genting Highlands. Read Digi no good up there and hotlink is recommended?
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.