HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree2002Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #7336
Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm on Digi Live and my the apps shows it will expired on 16 Mar. Am I safe to top up 1rm for extend of validity on 14 Jun based on the 90 days inactive period ?

It is a bit risky if you are going to extend the validity on the last day, will suggest you to extend it a few days earlier like 10-11th June in case their system having some technical problem..

Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #7337
Supremacy Member

Hey bros, I bought a Digi Live prepaid for RM8 yesterday at 7-11 but the cashier told me canít register at the shop. Then what can I do with the sim card? I cannot just activate online?
Itachi978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 12:11 AM   #7338
Supremacy Member

Hey bros, I bought a Digi Live prepaid for RM8 yesterday at 7-11 but the cashier told me canít register at the shop. Then what can I do with the sim card? I cannot just activate online?
A prepaid card needs to be registered then it can be activated. The dealer (7-Eleven, in this case) is supposed to do the registration. I once bought a U Mobile prepaid card from JB Sentral's 7-Eleven and the manager did the registration and activation.

Did they give you the reason for not being able to do the registration? Did they take down your passport particulars? So you bought the starter pack without anything being done to it?

You'll have to contact Digi CSO to see what you can do now. They normally ask the buyers to go back to the dealer where they bought the prepaid card, when registration is not done (properly)...

Some dealers only do the registration and leave it to the buyer to do the activation. Haven't come across any dealer saying they cannot do the registration, unless the system is down.

Digi was down for a few hours recently, but that's during the wee early morning zzz hours. You didn't happen to walk into the 7-Eleven during those hours, did you?
what88 likes this.
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #7339

Hi bros, I'm asking a friend to get Digi Live from KSL Tesco. Do they need actual identification document (IC/Passport) or can I just give him my pp or IC name & number for registration?

Which is the better option? Passport or IC? Thanks.
maxyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #7340
Supremacy Member

Hi bros, I'm asking a friend to get Digi Live from KSL Tesco. Do they need actual identification document (IC/Passport) or can I just give him my pp or IC name & number for registration?

Which is the better option? Passport or IC? Thanks.
They'd normally want to use the actual document for registration, and for foreigners, the passport.
maxyorkie likes this.
Old 13-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #7341

They'd normally want to use the actual document for registration, and for foreigners, the passport.
Appreciate your prompt response.
Habrosus likes this.
maxyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #7342
Arch-Supremacy Member

is it cheaper to get fro qoo10 icc or get it in JB???

as i intend to go this sunday,

if get from Jb, where as its my first time buying data card in jb.......

only gg for sun-mon 2 days
slowpokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #7343
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody topped up OneXOX using mobile app today?
Ipay88 emailed me that my top up was successful but my OneXOX account is not credited.
Has been more than 30min already.

EDIT: amount just credited. Don't know why it took so long.

Last edited by koreanlover; 14-05-2019 at 03:45 PM..
koreanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #7344
Master Member

Can get onexox from my friend if we are near...friend can help to recharge too

is it cheaper to get fro qoo10 icc or get it in JB???

as i intend to go this sunday,

if get from Jb, where as its my first time buying data card in jb.......

only gg for sun-mon 2 days

Last edited by fidodido; 15-05-2019 at 09:49 AM..
fidodido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #7345

Hi, I'm on Digi Prepaid Best 2017. It stated my credit expired on 06 April 2019. When can I extend validity?
I read some of the previous post and it seems like got 75days or 90days. So when should I extend it?
Thanks.
iceystarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #7346
Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm on Digi Prepaid Best 2017. It stated my credit expired on 06 April 2019. When can I extend validity?
I read some of the previous post and it seems like got 75days or 90days. So when should I extend it?
Thanks.
Prepaid Best has a grace period of 75 days, whereas Prepaid Live has 90 days. These are 2 different Digi Prepaid plans, thus the differences.
what88 likes this.
Old 23-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #7347

I use onexox sim card. I cannot tethering in jb using android phone. Any one have similar problem?
bolobala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #7348

Going for a family trip to Malaysia Cameron and Genting Highlands and Malacca for 6 days. I already have Digi Live for my phone but need another sim for my son's new tablet and able to act as hotspot for my daughter's WiFi only tablet.

What sim would be good with the below consideration?

1) Mostly use for Netflix/Youtube streaming and Spotify/Apple Music. Not sure how much will the daily consumption be so perhaps if there's such plan with large block of data for 6 days would be better?

2) Must support hotspot tethering.

3) Must have good coverage especially in Genting and Cameron Highlands. Read some are bad in Genting Highlands but not sure if still the case.

TIA!
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 05:05 PM   #7349
Supremacy Member

Going for a family trip to Malaysia Cameron and Genting Highlands and Malacca for 6 days. I already have Digi Live for my phone but need another sim for my son's new tablet and able to act as hotspot for my daughter's WiFi only tablet.

What sim would be good with the below consideration?

1) Mostly use for Netflix/Youtube streaming and Spotify/Apple Music. Not sure how much will the daily consumption be so perhaps if there's such plan with large block of data for 6 days would be better?

2) Must support hotspot tethering.

3) Must have good coverage especially in Genting and Cameron Highlands. Read some are bad in Genting Highlands but not sure if still the case.

TIA!
I think DIGI Live is good enough, check BOS on your DIGI mobile app to see if the offered data package is sufficient for your children usage or not..
Downloader and Habrosus like this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #7350
Supremacy Member

I was just in Gentings last month and Digi didn't fail me. Was on Maxis as well, without any connection issue.

I'd say go for Digi too, good enough. Since you already have a Digi Live card there, check what's available from the app to decide if those are good enough for your second card.
Downloader and what88 like this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.