HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1970Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2019, 12:25 AM   #7351

I think DIGI Live is good enough, check BOS on your DIGI mobile app to see if the offered data package is sufficient for your children usage or not..
I was just in Gentings last month and Digi didn't fail me. Was on Maxis as well, without any connection issue.

I'd say go for Digi too, good enough. Since you already have a Digi Live card there, check what's available from the app to decide if those are good enough for your second card.
Thanks for heads up Digi is ok in Genting. My plan is to use my phone as a tether first on the way to Cameron and if Digi is ok there too I then have to find a place that sells it before I head over to Genting on the 3rd day. But in case it's not then I need a plan B i.e. other telco sim.

Seems like most here favour Digi. Their 2.5GB Video Freedom and Music Freedom per week covers Youtube and Spotify so I guess this will lessen the need to purchase too much data separately if my kids can do without Netflix. Not sure if complement with Digi 2GB Internet + FREE biGBonus 2GB valid for 7 days @RM12 is enough or worth it. For now no box of surprise internet deal for me so hope next Sunday on my trip will have something.

So for my plan B, I'm keen to explore other telco sim with bigger data blocks that cover at least 6 days and so since I'm also seeing lots of posts on xox thus wondering what's the deal and good with it so perhaps I can use it as a hedge in case of coverage issue rather than have both eggs in one basket so to speak. Still trying to digest their plan and find out if tethering is allowed with Android.

Edit:
Past posts as well as my Airbnb host recommend hotlink but regardless hotlink, digi or xox, their websites don't list dealers in Genting and Cameron. Can't be no dealers right?
what88 likes this.

Last edited by Downloader; 25-05-2019 at 02:57 AM..
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 05:20 AM   #7352
Supremacy Member

Edit:
Past posts as well as my Airbnb host recommend hotlink but regardless hotlink, digi or xox, their websites don't list dealers in Genting and Cameron. Can't be no dealers right?
I recall walking past 2 dealer shops at Gentings... IIRC they're Maxis Hotlink and Celcom XPAX dealers. Not sure if they sell other cards in there though, as the Digi shop I saw (years back) in the old First World Plaza was selling U Mobile and Hotlink cards too.

If this is updated, there should be a Digi dealer there too - Sky Avenue...
Downloader and what88 like this.

Last edited by Habrosus; 25-05-2019 at 05:23 AM..
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #7353

Great info here. Going Malaysia these few days
thetomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #7354

I recall walking past 2 dealer shops at Gentings... IIRC they're Maxis Hotlink and Celcom XPAX dealers. Not sure if they sell other cards in there though, as the Digi shop I saw (years back) in the old First World Plaza was selling U Mobile and Hotlink cards too.

If this is updated, there should be a Digi dealer there too - Sky Avenue...
Thanks again for the heads up. Had to go Maxis site instead of hotlink to find dealer for Cameron and Genting. They listed one each for both. Waiting for Digi and xox reply. Asking them if any R&R stops can buy too.
Habrosus likes this.
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #7355

Hi, I'm on Digi Live and my the apps shows it will expired on 16 Mar. Am I safe to top up 1rm for extend of validity on 14 Jun based on the 90 days inactive period ?

Hi! How do you top up 1rm? I am keen in getting a digi live too, but their website says their reload amounts is 10, 15, 30, 50 or 100. What am I missing?

https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-reloads
Old 25-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #7356
Supremacy Member

Hi! How do you top up 1rm? I am keen in getting a digi live too, but their website says their reload amounts is 10, 15, 30, 50 or 100. What am I missing?

https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-reloads

It should be referring to use RM1 from existing credit balance to buy 1 day validity...
Habrosus likes this.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #7357

Hi guys. I'm looking for a Malaysia prepaid sim card. Basically go to KL maybe 6 times a year and need data mainly with some call time as well when I'm there. So looking for something with longer validity and no need top up so frequently (don't want it to expire then my number becomes invalid and have to change number)

Been reading and thinking onexox seems to be the best value. But also many people using Digi best and Digi Live at the moment - however unable to find out any details from reading here on how long it's validity and is it expensive for data. Can someone who's using the Digi Best/Live care to shed some light? On the cost and validity of the card?.
Appreciate it
savior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #7358
Supremacy Member

Hi guys. I'm looking for a Malaysia prepaid sim card. Basically go to KL maybe 6 times a year and need data mainly with some call time as well when I'm there. So looking for something with longer validity and no need top up so frequently (don't want it to expire then my number becomes invalid and have to change number)

Been reading and thinking onexox seems to be the best value. But also many people using Digi best and Digi Live at the moment - however unable to find out any details from reading here on how long it's validity and is it expensive for data. Can someone who's using the Digi Best/Live care to shed some light? On the cost and validity of the card?.
Appreciate it

Most of the infos are available here --> https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite...i_prepaid_live

Box of surprise --> https://new.digi.com.my/rewards/Box-Of-Surprise

Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by what88; 26-05-2019 at 03:37 PM..
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #7359
LH

Prepaid Best has a grace period of 75 days, whereas Prepaid Live has 90 days. These are 2 different Digi Prepaid plans, thus the differences.
How to check the grace period using Digi live app?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #7360
Supremacy Member

How to check the grace period using Digi live app?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT
Don't think you can...
Old 31-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #7361
CRW

Anything wrong with the hotlink app now ? Doesn't seems to load.
CRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #7362
Supremacy Member

Anything wrong with the hotlink app now ? Doesn't seems to load.
Just checked mine; it works alright.
Old 31-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #7363
CRW

If termination date is may31 means the SIM now is consider dead ? Or still alive till 2359 today ?
CRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #7364
Supremacy Member

If termination date is may31 means the SIM now is consider dead ? Or still alive till 2359 today ?
No idea about that.

Please see PM.
Old 31-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #7365

Thinking to port over my tunetalk prepaid which is now increases to RM100 for 1 yr validity from RM28 previously to XOX .. anyone know if those hp shop/booth at KSL mall can do the port over? Any reliable one?

thx
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.