HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia prepaid card

Like Tree1970Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #7411

You see, I first got the SMS on 3/7 which I proceeded to reactivate it and then it deactivated after 4/7.

I received a new SMS for the 1RM reactivate on 5/7
Yes, you need to wait for the 1 time sms offer then can reactivate (unlike digi). If no sms don't think can be done, like my case below. You can try again a few days later when in inactive state.

AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:54 AM   #7412

any idea where to buy a digi prepaid sim card from tuas second link otw to KL?

thanks
helpmepls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:59 AM   #7413

Anyone know where to get a sim in malacca? Will be there over the weekend gg from sg. Thanks
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:03 AM   #7414

Yes, you need to wait for the 1 time sms offer then can reactivate (unlike digi). If no sms don't think can be done, like my case below. You can try again a few days later when in inactive state.
Oohh, I see. If thats the case, then hotlink might only be good for weekly, monthly day trippers who activate the 1rm, go in and come back sg before it deactivates again.

If staying couple of days then better to activate the 1rm, go in do the reload 5 or 10rm if dont want any internet downtime there.

Super happy with my hotlink, speeds and reception are awesome but I guess for longer vacations it is super leychey compared to digi
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:32 AM   #7415
Supremacy Member

any idea where to buy a digi prepaid sim card from tuas second link otw to KL?

thanks
Stopping at Yong Peng? The 2 rest stops (Lucky Garden and Ming Ang) have a Digi counter each in the foodcourts, priced from RRP of RM8, or higher if you want "premium" numbers.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #7416
Supremacy Member

Anyone know where to get a sim in malacca? Will be there over the weekend gg from sg. Thanks
If you've a toilet or breakfast-stop in Yong Peng, can get from either of the 2 rest stops I've mentioned in my last post here.

In Melaka itself, depending on what card you want...

Celcom prepaid from its center somewhere on the right of Hatten Hotel, Maxis Hotlink has a center in Mahkota Parade Mall on the left of Hatten, Digi's somewhere further left yellow building across from the McDonald's drive-thru of Dataran Pahlawan Mall... near the small park. Other than these, there're dealers all over these places.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:56 AM   #7417
High Supremacy Member

Stopping at Yong Peng? The 2 rest stops (Lucky Garden and Ming Ang) have a Digi counter each in the foodcourts, priced from RRP of RM8, or higher if you want "premium" numbers.
Jb side got any recommended place to get the SIM card?
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 02:13 AM   #7418

Talking

Today is the last day of my hotlink red before termination and at this point of posting is just the start of the day so I yet to receive any sms.

The attached pic failed to load so I missed seeing that the sms may only appear to only arrive so close to termination.

So I itchy hand tried the *505# and found that it's actually a sos top up of RM3 with service fee of RM0.75.

Now I know it's not like Digi extending validity can use existing credit. Hotlink don't allow. So now my credit from RM2.43 becomes RM5.43. So come 1+50 days later if I still yet to go Msia and thus even though I dun need to top up, I'll be forced to top up again just to reactivate/extend validity to keep the card. Sos top up incur service fee and no guarantee will get RM0 or even RM1 sos top up and then cc top up min RM10. So if the cycle continues where I need to top up to keep the card as I yet to go Msia again and even if I go it's to JB for just 1 day and so since internet pass will only cost e.g. RM3, again I will quickly accumulate unutilized credit. Thus this plan is not so suitable for infrequent traveller.

So now if I decide to let the card terminate 51 days later, in hotlink books I owe them RM3.75 and possibly cannot reg another card or the moment I register a new one, the credit will be clawed back. Geez, I dislike ortang anyone, not even this amount.

I got this card for fear of bad connection with Digi when I visited Cameron and Genting in June and I must say the reception is indeed better than Digi so I shall ortang them until dunno when I go again
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #7419
Supremacy Member

Today is the last day of my hotlink red before termination and at this point of posting is just the start of the day so I yet to receive any sms.

The attached pic failed to load so I missed seeing that the sms may only appear to only arrive so close to termination.

So I itchy hand tried the *505# and found that it's actually a sos top up of RM3 with service fee of RM0.75.

Now I know it's not like Digi extending validity can use existing credit. Hotlink don't allow. So now my credit from RM2.43 becomes RM5.43. So come 1+50 days later if I still yet to go Msia and thus even though I dun need to top up, I'll be forced to top up again just to reactivate/extend validity to keep the card. Sos top up incur service fee and no guarantee will get RM0 or even RM1 sos top up and then cc top up min RM10. So if the cycle continues where I need to top up to keep the card as I yet to go Msia again and even if I go it's to JB for just 1 day and so since internet pass will only cost e.g. RM3, again I will quickly accumulate unutilized credit. Thus this plan is not so suitable for infrequent traveller.

So now if I decide to let the card terminate 51 days later, in hotlink books I owe them RM3.75 and possibly cannot reg another card or the moment I register a new one, the credit will be clawed back. Geez, I dislike ortang anyone, not even this amount.

I got this card for fear of bad connection with Digi when I visited Cameron and Genting in June and I must say the reception is indeed better than Digi so I shall ortang them until dunno when I go again
Early morning can't digest your long post properly, so pardon me if I miss out anything...

Have you considered buying some RM5 reload vouchers, or maybe get a fellow Hotlink user to share-a-top-up? Also, can this SOS thingy be done via the Hotlink Red app? If so, maybe there'll be more info there to avoid hitting the wrong choice...?
Old 31-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #7420

Yes, that was what I did last time as no reload voucher on hand

You can only use the $1 extend validity IF you receive the sms. If no sms, best is to use sos topup if no voucher with you, so next time when you use $5 voucher to top up, you will see $3.75 less in your account, that's what happened to me
Habrosus likes this.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #7421

Haha np. I wrote when I was feeling sleepy too thus just wrote what comes to mind instead of being more concise.

Not sure if I'm understanding correctly since I'm a new hotlink user and this is the first time trying to extend validity. It seems with hotlink the only way to reactivate card is via top up even if I still have credit. And it looks like is not given they will offer RM0 or RM1 SOS top up to reactivate the card for 1 day validity so that can get another 50 days grace. In the app min sos top up is also RM3. Normal cc top up min 10. Even if I have voucher, the whole amount would still be used just to extend validity. In short no cheap RM1 using existing credit to extend.

Last edited by Downloader; 31-07-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #7422
Supremacy Member

Haha np. I wrote when I was feeling sleepy too thus just wrote what comes to mind instead of being more concise.

Not sure if I'm understanding correctly since I'm a new hotlink user and this is the first time trying to extend validity. It seems with hotlink the only way to reactivate card is via top up even if I still have credit. And it looks like is not given they will offer RM0 or RM1 SOS top up to reactivate the card for 1 day validity so that can get another 50 days grace. In the app min sos top up is also RM3. Normal cc top up min 10. Even if I have voucher, the whole amount would still be used just to extend validity. In short no cheap RM1 using existing credit to extend.
Hotlink isn't exactly "friendly" when it comes to extending validity, just look at how they've removed the Validity365 option years back.

They know that they aren't the cheapest telco, but are also aware that they've one of the most reliable/popular network.

I mostly use reload and share-a-top-up for my Hotlink, as they don't have the RM1/day thingy like Digi and Celcom XPAX.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #7423
Supremacy Member

I need a sim card for 2 days, mainly for data and call. Which sim card should I get and where can I get it cheap. Best is just plug and use type.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #7424
Arch-Supremacy Member

I need a sim card for 2 days, mainly for data and call. Which sim card should I get and where can I get it cheap. Best is just plug and use type.
Thanks in advance.
Shopee xox..
Ronaldo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #7425
Supremacy Member

Thanks in advance.
Digi Prepaid from MyNews in some shopping malls (which one will you be closest to?), or I saw some stocks left in KSL Tesco last week...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.