LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #7651
Arch-Supremacy Member

sibei sianZzzzzz onexox card expiring soon
got to extend validity
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 03:44 AM   #7652

Hi All,

Need some help, recently registered for onexox. I top up my credit balance RM10, and two days later it mysteriously deducted & now my balance is $0.20.. I'm in Sg actually, & I've selected Singtel 4G. Was it because of the network that I chose made it mysteriously deducted from my credit balance?
orbitx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #7653
Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Need some help, recently registered for onexox. I top up my credit balance RM10, and two days later it mysteriously deducted & now my balance is $0.20.. I'm in Sg actually, & I've selected Singtel 4G. Was it because of the network that I chose made it mysteriously deducted from my credit balance?
Might be you have turned on your data roaming.
what88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #7654

Might be you have turned on your data roaming.
Nope. Data roaming has been turned off. I've been using my cousin's home wifi
Old 29-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #7655
Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Possibilities offhand, for unknown deductions:

- Data usage for something running in the background. If you don't use data roaming, there's no reason to choose 4G. Just tick 3G and it should be fine.

(You might not have chosen your XOX line for data usage, but putting it to 4G network is a risk. I always put my foreign SIM cards to 3G, for this reason.)

- You've a previous data subscription that wasn't renewed due to insufficient credit. So it got renewed after you topped up.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #7656

Possibilities offhand, for unknown deductions:

- Data usage for something running in the background. If you don't use data roaming, there's no reason to choose 4G. Just tick 3G and it should be fine.

(You might not have chosen your XOX line for data usage, but putting it to 4G network is a risk. I always put my foreign SIM cards to 3G, for this reason.)

- You've a previous data subscription that wasn't renewed due to insufficient credit. So it got renewed after you topped up.
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation above. Anyway, it was my first time using the onexox prepaid. I guess you might be right as I manually selected Singtel 4G network & I guess that might be the reason. I've just topped up RM10 and will monitor if the amount deducted over time..
Old 30-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #7657
Supremacy Member

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation above. Anyway, it was my first time using the onexox prepaid. I guess you might be right as I manually selected Singtel 4G network & I guess that might be the reason. I've just topped up RM10 and will monitor if the amount deducted over time..
The background app data usage also happened to the likes of Hotlink, Digi, and Celcom.

And oh, I just recalled that I continued to have unknown deductions from my OneXOX card despite having it at 3G. I managed to get a refund after contacting their CSO a couple of times, before they started to stop replying. These days, I've left only a couple of RM in the account and am contemplating on getting rid of it when it expires next year.
Old 30-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #7658

The background app data usage also happened to the likes of Hotlink, Digi, and Celcom.

And oh, I just recalled that I continued to have unknown deductions from my OneXOX card despite having it at 3G. I managed to get a refund after contacting their CSO a couple of times, before they started to stop replying. These days, I've left only a couple of RM in the account and am contemplating on getting rid of it when it expires next year.
Oh dear, guess it might not be the choice of network. Anyway, now i got another issue. Usually if you're roaming, that "R" logo at the network bar appears when you're roaming. However, now the "R" is gone & I can't connect to any local network. Does that mean my international roaming is disabled? If so, how do i get this enabled?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:42 AM   #7659
Supremacy Member

Oh dear, guess it might not be the choice of network. Anyway, now i got another issue. Usually if you're roaming, that "R" logo at the network bar appears when you're roaming. However, now the "R" is gone & I can't connect to any local network. Does that mean my international roaming is disabled? If so, how do i get this enabled?
Strangely, my OneXOX stopped roaming right in front of my eyes while I was charging the phone the other day.

Try moving your SIM card to another phone. My Celcom cards have been having this issue until I moved one to a newer/better phone. I think it might have something to do with my old phones which I use to just view my less actively-used SIM cards.

If you've your OneXOX account in the app, check the status there too. Mine shows it's still active, so I don't bother that much with the card not roaming since I won't be able to use it anyway.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #7660

Strangely, my OneXOX stopped roaming right in front of my eyes while I was charging the phone the other day.

Try moving your SIM card to another phone. My Celcom cards have been having this issue until I moved one to a newer/better phone. I think it might have something to do with my old phones which I use to just view my less actively-used SIM cards.

If you've your OneXOX account in the app, check the status there too. Mine shows it's still active, so I don't bother that much with the card not roaming since I won't be able to use it anyway.
Yeap, manage to get the roaming. Strangely it doesn't work on my pixel 4 xl, I have to use my old vivo phone & all of a sudden able to get the roaming.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #7661

new xox prepaid user. does receiving SMS when on Singtel/Starhub/M1 network incur charges?
S8027600A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #7662
Arch-Supremacy Member

onexox hard to get signal locally for me

i got 3 onexox card
1 suupose expire which i forgotten
but app show active after expire date
so i hack care
than a mth or 2 later card terminated n disappear in app

so if u need the card than extend the validity bah
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.